2018-08-05 08:33:31 (edited by defender 2018-08-05 08:35:53)

I'd much prefer a proper builder using the built in sounds before custom ones, since we obviously got on fine with it in SBYW without them and if your using the same sounds their is a pretty decent selection of sounds to choose from by default.
Custom sounds are certainly appreciated and have the potential to add allot to the maps, but doing them first before a good builder seems backwards.
And yeah, locked maps, I get it because of the custom sounds I guess? But, if this is build in BGT than getting the sounds will be easy anyway and you could even just record them from the builder's previewer if you wanted them bad enough... really that in my opinion defeats much of the purpose of a community driven game when you can't access and modify the data.

2018-08-05 10:15:14

actually custom sounds were been fixed, I've been thinking to add a kind of builder mode, where for building you'd have to use mark points.
say for example that you were going to build a tile, for marking it's points you'd have to move with arrow, and press enter on the left x, right x, and the both min and max y. Is this a too complicated idea for you, and you guys prefer the menu style, or shall we try this new manner?

Paul

2018-08-05 12:38:59

menu style!

ice, fire, water, thunder.

2018-08-05 12:47:58

Why not both, just look at the RTR and Swamp map editors for ideas.
No reason you can't have menus opened with hotkeys, but then also run around with marks or just go to where you want things, especially if you are able to jump to certain x y and z coordinates, or hold down the arrows to move quickly.
I guess building from a menu, then exploring what you've built works as well, and in that way you don't need to move to where you want to put something but, it helps me visualize what I'm doing better personally...
Maybe 2 different modes, as long as it isn't allot of extra effort.

2018-08-05 23:53:51

i think both is a good idea, as to locking maps. the purpose of this would be to make it so you can't just go to a certain map wen ever you want, the creator could set a password or something that would have to be put in, maybe after the travelpoint text, so they could actually use that travel point. for example, if i don't want someone to just go to my map that i have planned for later, i could go to that file and type something like:
password abcdefghijkasdaasdasdasdsad
and then in a later map, to get to it, i would type in the map file:
travelpoint 0 0 0 0 0 0 mapname abcdefghijasdasdasdasdasdasdsadadasasas
or whatever
just my ideas.
as for moving teleporters, sound sources, and maybe even moving hazards? witch you could just take the moving sources from 2dp, so they can be made hazards, witch ever, i like those ideas, but i think those would be hard to code? not sure.
keys, or objects neededd to activate doors/travelpoints. or even, probably a  lot later, to deactivate things, like force fields? i'm getting really into this game just thinking about things like that.
tracking, i think you should be able to set a trackme flag on zones, for example
zone 0 100 0 100 0 100 lol:trackme
i have to use a colon to tell that it's trackme, or the game might say trackme in the zone text. this brings up another point:
switch the map rawdata type, to colons between stuff, if you haven't seen it like that, i can give you an example map with everything there in colon rawdata text.
positional events, witch i believe was number 9 in that post, can't remember witch one right now and i can't go check.
the way these could work is, you set a coord range where they step into, and this sound or event happens, this is where custom sounds could come into play the most. it could then trigger something, like, spawn platform, spawn object, change health, unspawn something, etc etc.
i think i'll stop here, cause my fingers hurt, this is the longest post i've typed on this forum ever, or the longest i've typed without stopping probably in my life, and my fingers and wrists aren't used to it,
o btw, quick question, is it bad that i lean my wrists on my desk and edge of my laptop while typing?
but anyway, bye everyone

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-08-06 00:13:25

ok, my wrists and fingers are better now, so let's type up a map in colons with all the things that are in your game so far, and that were, and hopefully will be, in 2d sbyw.
map:test123
maxx:100
maxy:100
maxz:100
tile:0:100:0:100:0:0:carpet1
tile:10:10:0:10:0:10:wallborder
zone:9:9:0:9:0:9:next to a huge wall:trackme
hazard:0:10:0:10:0:10:fire.ogg//if you want to put a sound on the hazards
tile:9:9:5:5:0:10:stairs
zone:10:10:0:10:10:20:congrats! you made it to the top of the wall! press enter to die, or walk right to not die
travelpoint:10:10:0:10:10:20:0:10:10:test123

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-08-07 15:41:41

stupid me, i just looked at the maps and realized they do use colons, looooooooool i'm stupid

----------

2018-08-07 20:45:12

for who's interested, below there's the link for the skype group. I created it so that you can send suggestions even there if you wish
join the group

Paul

2018-08-07 22:48:19

any updates for this games?

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2018-08-07 23:09:47

@59 yes.
Custom sounds are fixed thanks to x0 , and I'm working to the builder menu. An update will be released when doors will be added and tested.

Paul

2018-08-08 01:58:52

ok, so how exactly do costum sounds work?
also, to clear something up from my vary long post about ideas, for the password thing, you could put a line in that map that said something like,
incrypt:sdhajkshfkjashfkjasdhfkjsahdkfjdahskjfahskjfhaskjdfsahd
or whatever you want the key to be, and you could make some kind of incryption and decryption thingy, just some fun ideas

----------

2018-08-08 07:59:17

@61, not gonna do any spoiler... You'll see how it works when it comes out big_smile

Paul

2018-08-08 12:36:10

I will wait mor thing to added later.

2018-08-11 19:08:01

Hi there.
I hope you guys don't think the game is died already, I'm just keeping some surprises for the next update which should, bring more enjoinment.
big_smile

Paul

2018-08-11 20:19:24

i fot so lol, because i didn't watch any updates long time

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2018-08-11 22:18:02

well, since from the poll people prefer bigger updates I'm gonna pack more things in an update

Paul

2018-08-12 07:36:10

hmm i will wait.

2018-08-12 07:43:37

hmmmm i can't wait to see the new features

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-08-12 16:47:49

same

----------

2018-08-13 17:39:23

did you added txt that player can presse enter on to read? like in spyw

sound is my vision

2018-08-13 22:35:22 (edited by pauliyobo 2018-08-13 22:46:53)

the update is finally out.
Version 0.2 has been released. In this updae I tried to add more content a summary is below

what's new?
  • the probably most wanted feature, custom sounds has been added.

• Added a builder menu. For activating it, you can press b in the map you wish to modify. You can't create new maps yet with the builder interface.

• Added an updater, which will make me the life easier, when you run the game the game will check for updates and download if any.

• Added signs and checkpoints, those are not currently in the builder menu interface.

• added an health, and a falling system.

• and minor fixes

the link is the same but if you don't want to go in the first post you can click here
Happy building.
PS.
While this may seem a little weird to hear, I actually need help with server costs, which are currently 5 $ monthly. if you'd like to help you can feel free to donate at my website
Have fun and enjoy the game.
For any bugs or ideas, feel free to add me to skype, or follow me on twitter. You can join the Group as well, all of those are mentioned in the readme.

Paul

2018-08-13 22:38:31

yaaaaaaays
what about the sound support?

sound is my vision

2018-08-13 22:45:23

you can use customsounds by following the guidelines in the docs folder.

Paul

2018-08-13 23:29:52

nice stuf, but as the changelog saed the m key bring the list of the maps in your folder, but  it not working with me, something happened?

sound is my vision

2018-08-13 23:31:40

it got removed. thought I fixed that in the readme and changelog

Paul