2018-08-06 21:55:55

This might be out of the moderator's and admin's control, but raising it here in case it isn't. The identity section of the profile configuration has sections to fill out contact details related to many services that have long since been discontinued, such as MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, and AIM. ICQ isn't really mainstream anymore but is still available. Perhaps the fields related to those services should be removed, since you can't really fill them out anymore these days, and the only accounts likely to fill them out are spambots now.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2018-08-10 19:23:31

I've just had a trawl through the admin settings, and can't find anything related to members profiles. I do know Sander updated PunBB not all that long ago, hence why there are twitter and facebook sections in the identity, but as to Jabber and such I am not sure, its possible some are there simply because this forum has been around for quite a long time, and likely new features were just added onto the old without removing the old ones.

Whether its possible to remove some fields in the identity I'm not sure, though I doubt they'll contribute to spambot posting not with the system we have these days.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)