2018-08-01 20:48:02

P3D fixes the checkbox problem smile
I have no problem with the FSX Pilot manual. QRead FTW.

2018-08-01 21:02:35

okay... thanks.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2018-08-01 21:36:58

So, if I get Prepar3d v4, what else besides FSX Pilot do I need?

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2018-08-01 21:38:59

I do wish NVDA would work with Pilot so  I wouldn't have to use sapi, then turn off speech, then use my braille Display, for better emersion.

2018-08-01 22:49:29

Let me tell you about this wonderful thing called editing. Under your own posts if you are signed in there's a link called edit which allows you to edit and add to that original  post ... instead of having 5 fucking posts in a row.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2018-08-01 22:50:51 (edited by techmaster20 2018-08-02 15:02:54)

Hey, guys. I installed Prepar3d, and have had much more success setting it up. One problem. As soon as I launch Pilot, my system just locks up. It didn't do this on FSX. And, my computer is running Prepar3d just fine. I mean, it's  bad. NVDA freezes. There's keyboard lag, I have to shut down the laptop and restart every time. I've set every graphics setting in the sim to low or off, and the same thing happens.

2018-08-02 16:31:48

I figured out what was causing it. It's FSX Pilot. Here's the wierd thing though, it never did this when I ran FSX. After I installed Prepar3d, v4, every time I ran Pilot my pc would start to lag to hell, making NVDA not speak, even if Prepar3d to refuse to speak.

2018-08-02 17:08:39

Jesus, figure it out already. We didn't all just get born with this knowledge, we had to figure it out too. You can't be spoon fed every single little bit of information regarding this. Also, quit double, triple and quadruple posting.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-08-02 19:07:20

Under one of the news items on the FSX Pilot homepage, it'll tell you how to switch out the Simconnect version for FSX Pilot to work.

2018-08-02 21:05:37

@orin thanks! I think I've taken off and am flying now. What's the command to check ETA?

2018-08-03 02:44:55

well,  good news guys. I have flown 3 successful flights using flight plans and just choosing airports from Pilot. I still don't know how to check my ETA though. If someone would tell me how to check that, and how to refuel, that'll be the end of my questions.

2018-08-03 05:53:11

I want to get prepar 3dv4, but am not sure on how the license thing works since it can be only used for learning and stuff, and I don't want to pay 200 bux. do I need a license to use it?

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2018-08-03 14:56:41

To check your estimated time of arrival, use the command say arrival time. To change your fuel and payload, press alt to go to the menu (you will need to memorise the menu after you use OCR because it’s not read by default using screen readers)  then go to  vehicle  and then fuel and payload.
To the person who wanted to know about  licensing, the   Academic license for P3d v4 is fine,  it’s cheaper and it doesn’t really make any difference which one you bye

2018-08-03 16:24:52

No, i meant, refuel while you're at an airport. And, thanks.

2018-08-03 17:22:30

That is  The most accessible  way to refuel at an airport, unless you have multi crew experience in which case you can use GSX

2018-08-03 20:57:51

too bad we can't set up a multi  player server and have a blind pilots group, races to certain airports, challenges to see who can fly the farthest without using any sort of auto pilot, but anything else is okay, so you know when to turn, etc.

2018-08-04 19:31:45

@orin, or anyone else, can you help me fix one final thing? I am doing well in prepar3d, but FSX is still muting on task switch and I can't find a way to turn it off. Even my sighted brother couldn't find it. I've disabled pause on task switch, and I can't find a way to keep fsx audio going when I leave the window. and, how do you use fs passengers?

2018-08-04 19:44:09

In fsx, you cannot get audio outside the sim, it is only a 32 bit application.  Your flight will keep going there’s just no sound outside the window.  There is a setting in p3d so it works there

2018-08-04 20:09:10

aww. that sucks. How do you load passengers using fs passengers, and when you lan d at your destination how do you make them leave the plane

2018-08-06 00:23:27

can someone help with FSX passengers?

2018-08-06 20:17:59

love this thread it has good information.
Could someone please post an idiot proof guide for P3D.
Goes through the entire process of setting it up and installing it along with all the addons.
It would save many many questions and make everything much easier.
This knowledge is there it must only be compiled in to one place.
If we can all find it than we will all learn without anoying the guys who know what they are doing.
Thanks for your time and knowledge.

2018-08-13 21:36:39

Okay. Have been flying around for a few weeks now. I still don't know how to get passengers into my plane,  and in prepar3d, I can't seem to find a specific airport to start from, for some odd reason, when I have an airport set as my home in FSX Pilot it doesn't seem to take affect. Also, why does it seem that FSX Pilot doesn't seem to do anything to my plane, when I do a check list?

2018-08-14 18:53:46

Hello? I still can't figure out FS passengers.

2018-08-15 00:14:56

Please stop posting the same question again and again, people only  need to read it once.  Setting the airport as home in FSX pilot doesn’t do much, you just select which airport to start up at when you launch the simulator. 
If anyone wants to watch some tutorials, here is my YouTube channel where I have already done a few and intend to do more both with FSX and P 3-D. I also stream 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKX_7z … c0l1UOnpWw

2018-08-15 02:13:12

I still can't load passengers using FS passengers.