2018-07-31 02:41:32

I'm getting annoyed. I can't get into the game because of this stupid web page that keeps popping up every time I try to run the game talking about multi player, and there doesn't seem to be a way out of it.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2018-07-31 04:02:27

you should use review stuff like object review and screen review to find free flight button, then press insert+numpad slash, then press numpad slash to activate it (your numlock should be switched off)

2018-07-31 04:28:53

Well, that was appreciated. I have gotten the aircraft I want, but I don't hear any engine noise or anything. and FSX Pilot is not working. I load a flight plan, and tell it to take off but no aircraft audio from FSX.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2018-07-31 04:47:44

Thanks, Techmaster. I think I'll not bother with Pilot then, for me I enjoy the simulation of flying such that I wouldn't want to automate my enjoyment away.

2018-07-31 08:13:09

@Orko: Do you have enough vision to use the sim effectively?
I wouldn't use it either if I could see the thing.

2018-07-31 08:14:57

Techmaster, the engine must be off. Try hitting control E. Also you may want to go into general settings and turn off pause on task switch. That may be the problem.

2018-07-31 14:54:57

Thanks. Do I do that from Pilot or FSX it's self, and the only thing I see in options is speech recognition. Do I need to use Object  Nav?

2018-07-31 14:57:55

Hi guys! So, I've purchased and succesfuly downloaded and installed M FSX on my pc. I've also downloaded the MsX Pilot but what do I have to do for selecting an aircraft and a flight to do?
The sim starts with a good music and a webpage; I don't know how to access the menus iven if I've tryed to plan a flight but without success. Could someone help me?
Thanks a lot.

Claudio

2018-07-31 15:16:22

If you're using NVDA, you need to use object nav, or if you have a touch screen on your pc, set your touch gesture mode to object, with a three finger tap anywhere on the screen, until you get object mode, then use one finger and do explore by touch, just like a mobile phone until you hit free flight, then double tap, then use your normal keyboard commands to choose a plane, and then tab to the start button. One question for Orin, tell me if I'm doing this right, I start FSX, then  after I choose free flight then get my plane, run FSX Pilot. then I load a flight plan, but I'm stuck after that.

2018-07-31 15:20:03

Thanks, Techmaster! I'll try. Is there a way of not using speech recognition in Fs Pilot? I'm Italian and there is not a speech recognition in our language!

Claudio

2018-07-31 15:22:04

Just click cancel. I wouldn't use it either, because i don't like speech recognition anyway, and Microsoft's one isn't that great.

2018-07-31 15:23:51

thanks again!

Claudio

2018-07-31 15:24:59

Control E doesn't start the engine. How do I refuel? I only have FSX and FSX pilot.

2018-07-31 18:03:23

I can't turn off the pause thing

2018-07-31 18:59:08

well, I got a plane and started. I can't tell if I'm flying or  not. How do I select an airport, take off, fly and land?

2018-07-31 20:21:15

Please, I need help. I can't take off.

2018-07-31 22:49:06

I'm still very much confused. Some help would be appreciated...

2018-07-31 22:59:08

Once engines are started and you're on a runway, use the efis panel to do run takeoff or run straight takeoff. Make sure the AP checkbox is checked in the autopilot panel.

That's a basic takeoff.

2018-07-31 23:26:04

How do I get to the runway?

2018-07-31 23:32:52

and, how do you know when you're at an airport and it's time to land.

2018-08-01 01:16:00

and, how do you know when you're at an airport and it's time to land.I don't know how to taxi to a runway. And, I can't get it to select the button to disable the pause on task switch.

2018-08-01 19:12:38

so, um, I've selected a runway. How do I taxi to it, then, how do I know when to take off? Also, how do I check how long it'll be until  I reach my destination, and how do I make auto pilot land? Final question, if I install any sound mods, or passengers, will that mess up FSX Pilot?

2018-08-01 19:58:22

Can you send me ypir preferences file for FSX? I can't make NVDA see that the pause on task is a check  bok and that i'm not  trying to click the button. Object nav isn't helping either.

2018-08-01 20:35:56 (edited by Orin 2018-08-01 20:41:21)

Techmaster,

Please read the FSX pilot manual. all of these questions are pretty self-explanetory, even if you don't read the manual anyhow. The efis menu is your friend here.

2018-08-01 20:38:59

yeah, well what about the fact that the manual is a very poorly formatted PDF, or the fact that NVDA, and JAWS still can't seem to see a checkbox to disable pause on task switch...