2018-07-24 06:56:25

Moderation!

For everyone who hasn't seen the introductions topic, this is to let people know that yes, the user mahdi-abedi is indeed Mahdi who was banned from the forum last year.
After a discussion with the staff it was decided to give him one more chance, so he's been allowed to create a new account, of course, should there be any further issues that account will also be banned and steps will be taken to insure he cannot create another one.

Hopefully that will not be necessary however, Mahdi has said he's read the rules and understand what went wrong previously.

So, while I appreciate those who've sent reports etc to the moderators about Mahdi, yes, we know about the situation and this is where it is.

Thanks for reading, now back to your usual programming.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-07-24 07:25:39

wow. Well @dark i don't specificacully no this person but i'm glad he's back. And to have people send in tuns of reports about some who needs a second chance. But wow crazy as reports are, it's happy returns that count. I'm not sure why he was band but i'm glad he's back.

2018-07-24 07:39:51

hello
dark, i want to tell you something please check your private messages

2018-07-24 15:38:07 (edited by Orko 2018-07-24 18:48:18)

@gameworld

I'd be willing to bet that if you used the advanced search and looked for messages posted by Mahdi, you could probably figure out why he was banned.

If I had to guess, I'd say he was banned for doing what he's doing now, asking people to share their purchased games with him so he doesn't have to pay for them himself. He's already gotten a moderation warning of sorts from SLJ about it. To be fair, he isn't the only one who got warned.

http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=25517

Bad guess, he was banned for posting material and or links that are not allowed.

http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.p … 79#p346979

2018-07-24 17:46:21

dont give rong information to people, poest 4!
If I had to guess, I'd say he was banned for doing what he's doing now, asking people to share their purchased games with him so he doesn't have to pay for them himself. He's already gotten a  . . .
ce register poest, dark tolled why i banned

2018-07-24 17:51:06

sorry for this ng thing, but
mahdi-abedi
2018-07-18 19:33:19
Galaxy stranger
User Karma: 4
hello
i'm mahdi abedi, from esfahan/iran
its my second account, because my first account had problems
i red rules, and i know what cant i post and what can i post here
i maked my english better,
i want send pm to admins to tell they my problem, but...
i want tell it here
i posted desafio mortal link, then my internet finished, and my it charged in 3 days, i back to forum and it sed, you are banned from this forum
i tolled it to aprone and he sed tell to who banned you
i dont know and cant fined who banned me, so
i'm sorry for rong things i do
thank you for reading, mahdi
email: [email protected]: skype: mahdi.abedi82
my name on playroom: mahdi-abedi
my teamtalk server information: mahdi.jc-hosting.me, ports 6661: you should create account to login, and for it, send me private message, in your pm, send me username and passwordh
WebsiteEmail
ReportDeleteEditQuote
Dark
2018-07-18 20:29:24
Chief defenestrator
User Karma: 1,222
@Mahdi, you were banned several times from the forum for different things, including constantly asking developers of online games to unban you  their games so many times it became rude, and also posting cracks, that is ways to play games without paying for them.
With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)
EmailPM
ReportQuote
Thumbs up
mahdi-abedi
2018-07-18 22:02:48
Galaxy stranger
i know
so, whats your answer
my teamtalk server information: mahdi.jc-hosting.me, ports 6661: you should create account to login, and for it, send me private message, in your pm, send me username and passwordh
WebsiteEmail
ReportDeleteEditQuote
Dark
2018-07-18 22:22:29
Chief defenestrator
I have contacted the rest of the staff, we're discussing what's best to be done, please be patient and we'll let you know.
EmailPM
ReportQuote
Thumbs up
mahdi-abedi
2018-07-19 15:07:11
Galaxy stranger
ok
WebsiteEmail
ReportDeleteEditQuote
Dark
2018-07-20 00:00:09
Chief defenestrator
Okay Mahdi.
I've talked to the other moderators, and we have decided to give you one more chance on the forum.
Note though, that if you post about game cracks, that is ways to get games without paying for them, or if you start pestering developers of online games about bans, your new account will be banned from the forum, and steps will be taken to make sure you can't create another one.
hopefully though, this won't be necessary, so welcome back to the forum, hope you have fun.
EmailPM
ReportQuote
Thumbs up

2018-07-24 17:51:30

long thing

2018-07-24 22:11:12 (edited by pelantas 2018-07-24 22:12:09)

Hi,

@mahdi-abedi,

I first want to welcome you back to the forum, so a warm welcome. But may i ask you one question, could you please limit the amount of double posts? I know there isn't any rule against double posting now, but it can get a bit overwhelming sometimes, discovering several messages, one after another. So if possible, could you please limit it a little, or edit your earlier posts?

Again, there is no rule against it, but it makes topics more readable in my oppinion smile

Again, welcome back.

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2018-07-25 04:24:58

pelantas wrote:

Hi,

@mahdi-abedi,

I first want to welcome you back to the forum, so a warm welcome. But may i ask you one question, could you please limit the amount of double posts? I know there isn't any rule against double posting now, but it can get a bit overwhelming sometimes, discovering several messages, one after another. So if possible, could you please limit it a little, or edit your earlier posts?

Again, there is no rule against it, but it makes topics more readable in my oppinion smile

Again, welcome back.

Greetz mike

Agreed, wow, he has like 94 posts in one week lol, on Average that's 13.4285 posts per day, wow.
Ahem, nvm.

2018-07-25 07:35:11

thanks pelantas, ok i'm sorry

2018-07-25 11:44:31

Hi,

no need to appologise, but i just wanted to point it out, no offense at all, and no need to appologise. smile

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2018-07-25 14:09:59

All I gotta say,
People really need to get a life and do something rather than being such utter wankers to someone who is obviously a kid,doesn't understand english and so on and forth, people have been pesttering the mods so much that they had to post an announcement about it...
Maybe go and play some games? swamp A heros call would be my recommendations lol tongue

@mahdi, welcome back,and use  google translate to understand if you don't understand something about the rules.
The most important  is,dont ask for game  C R A C K S or copy or registration information. just sayin...

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2018-07-26 00:16:49

I can't gauge the tone of the reports because I obviously don't have access to them, but just making a general assumption that most of them probably aren't vitriol, they are probably just concern about a potentially banned person gaining access again.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-26 07:18:32

people must check that Introduce Yourself to Gain Access   topic sometimes.  i think this topic should not be stickey anymore, because i'm lazy to press h one more time big_smile

2018-07-26 14:10:46

Why be so concerned that a banned former member should regain access? Don't people generally deserve a chance to show they've changed, and can behave themselves?

2018-07-26 17:43:25

Because he was only banned like, a few months ago? Besides, I know this guy, and i’ll be fucked if he’ll ever change. He’s also been given multiple second chances, surely enough is enough? We’ll see I guess.

2018-07-26 19:24:56

that i agree on but he should've gotten a second, sorry i mean a third chance here.   me,  i don't get second chances, i work my bans around big_smile

2018-07-26 19:40:25

@#16

Then let him prove by his actions that he nees to be kicked off again, until then, give him a chance. Just remember that someday, it may be you that is looking for a second or third chance.

2018-07-26 20:58:02

To be honest there are so many topics on here I only read the first 2-3 out of every forum as it is.
Unless I have a reason to.
As to asking for things I'd be warey of actually saying that people just do this because they want something for free.
I have christian family, that run croud funding compaigns all the time, and while I do disagree with what they fund for it is not my place to critisise.
Now on the subject of banns, I have fallen foul of the law a few times, as I do have a short temper at times, get me heated enough and I will flame the house down then regret it afterwards.
Usually therefor I try not to get to deep into descussions unless I think its important to do so, there was a time that I would respond to a blatent controdiction or something like a different opinion with one of my own, I would enjoy the arguments, the flames and the war.
And in most cases I got away with it, till one day where  I didn't so now I actually try if I can to not get involved unless I know what I talk about and if it gets to dangerous I do often walk away from the online stuff.
Especially now reading some of the tech stuff, where an online war can escape the confines of the net with all those swatting attacks.
These can start with a simple online message, maybe someone had a bad day, it ends up with revenge online, fake police callouts and it becomes an offline event so dramas can spill outside the net into the real world.
As for banns, my view is if you are banned, then you have had to do something to get banned.
I have had issues with users on forums I have help run, and they have been banned, and I just got rid of their info after that simply because I just couldn't be bothered getting them back to cause trouble.
In the past I helped with deathmatch new beginning as an admin and while that didn't fully work so much for me, we had loads of banned people and many that tried to get round it, that was one of the reasons the game and reality software finally went down, there were internal reasons to but this was one of the main ones.
Saying that, I have had an unjust bann once, where a moderator was having a bad day.
After pleeding with him for a little I got back in, that guy was not put back in the moderation list and left some time after but I didn't do anything to get that done.
And sadly I have seen where in some situations some mods can become the people they bann, I won't quote names as such though its not my job.
However for those that know and a lot may there is this guy called maheen around, he either had mental issues or a short fuse, shorter than mine, he would post randomly, to lists spamming them then if he didn't agree with something he would then start another list on it.
Joining this list once, I tried to critisise him on something, and it was justified it wasn't really anything entirely bad just a general comment and he just went bananas and banned me.
Sadly from time to time he comes back asking for a chance, finally though this generated so many flames on list that the list mods simply banned the entire list and asked for user views, the guy has sadly built up such a bad reputation that his trust is completely gone, not that we tried at least 6 times and maybe more.
Each time the list owners assured us things would be different.
On the subject of topics on here.
There are many stupid topics on here or those I would deem stupid which I don't read and I don't report the users to the mods.
What about those that literally want games for free and can not afford them because of circomstances out of their control like the country they live in, money, etc and there have been a few of those.
There are loads of ways to get games for free, asking for them is one thing.
But entering in gaming sweepstakes and competitions is another.
Look at liamerven and how while due to what is going on in his life not being able to make games he is now broadcasting most weeks on a youtube and audio stream most of which is really good on donations alone.
Asking for abandonware games is fine.
asking for a crack isn't.
One thing I have noticed with games we have is that you can't really legally trade them, like trading cards and while not trading games is necessarily good, maybe allowing for modding and moddable/ hackable games where you could have mods and soundpacks depending on how good they are could win something could be an idea in this respect.
In some older games a friend and myself enjoyed playing, you could buy a registration code, or you had to play puzzles of a logical nature to unlock the game.
So if you wanted to crack the game you probably could if you were willing to play that little bit harder.
I always got reg codes and other things to bypass this so I could own the game but you ejither brought the game or challenged yourself in the game it as an interesting concept but its not about these days.
Bar audiogame jam anda few others we are not having that many competitions.
Sadly I will miss the audiogamejam competition in october but to be honest I have wanted to be a judge on a game competition just for the hell of it really to see if I could do it.
True free games is a nice thing but the challenge for me, to have to think what I would think would be the best etc is  something I do when testing software and web accessibility on websites and to have this as a something extra would be nice.

2018-08-03 23:11:44

I was unclear on the whole asking for games thing. I know that they don't like cracks, so if somebody posts a registration key, or says pm me for a crack for this game! That is not okay. I've been told there are actually some nice people who are buying games for those who can't, mainly from middle-eastern countries that are sanctioned by the US and thus can't use pay pal. So the gray area policy here is something like, don't ask for a crack because that's ripping the dev off, but it's okay if somebody is offering to buy you a separate key? I've heard some games even let you gift registrations to somebody else, which is definitely a good thing. Maybe GMA or whatever. I'm curious on that policy, correct me if I have any errors.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2018-08-03 23:57:00

It's perfectly OK if you want to help someone else out by gifting them a game as long as the gift is paid for such that it is a separate sale from your own copy of the game. Don't just share your registration key with whomever you are gifting the game to.

2018-08-04 11:06:53

Orko is generally correct, the rule is more "don't distribute or help someone get a game without paying"

Registration key gifting is something of a grey area, since on the one hand, if a registration key comes with a limited number of licence activation's and someone gives one of those license activation's to someone else that is fine, on the other, if a registration system doesn't come with a limited number of activation's and someone just hands their registration key out 50 times to people who play the game without paying that is not okay.

Of course, there is then the further complication that if you give your registration information (limited or not), to someone who actually couldn't! pay due to paypal restrictions or financial shenanigans with their country, the developer isn't! actually losing out on selling copies of the game anyway.

What the ultimate answer is I don't know. We probably just have to deal with things on a case by case basis.

2018-08-04 14:03:13

hello
i cant buy eg hearoes call, so what should i do?

2018-08-04 14:58:53 (edited by Orko 2018-08-04 15:05:30)

@Dark

Developers generally only give one registration key per sale, they might allow that key to be activated several times, but it is usually so that the user can activate the software on several of their devices, not so they can share it with their friends.

@mahdi-abedi

Start a thread, in your opening message explain your situation, then ask if someone could help you to get the game by buying it for you. Depending on their current financial status, there are enough generous people on these forums that somebody will help you out. Just be polite and patient about it.

2018-08-04 18:49:09

i was do it, i got 0 answer