2018-07-14 07:23:04 (edited by PhantomCreations 2018-07-14 07:26:20)

Hey all,
For those who missed my other topic on the general game discussion forum I'll explain as quickly as possible.
But first, the download link. You may be able to force an older version to download and update itself, though the updater code is so old I don't know if it would even manage it, so I strongly advise everyone to download the game anyway.
While your at it, please delete your old settings.dat files, they won't work with this new version.
The game can be downloaded here: http://www.phantomcrafting.com/games/of … _world.zip
This is an update I'm really excited to bring out, and an update long overdo for this game.
But wait, before you navigate away:
Phantomcrafting.com (phantom creations) will be closing it's doors on July 26, 2018. If you need more information on why, I ask you to read the homepage, it has everything you would want to know.
For those who need an installer, I will be getting one ready for you very soon.
If there are any bugs in this update anyone finds, I will try to have them patched to give everyone enough time to download the bugfix update.
Now, for the changelog, even though I never really kept any kind of internal one, just going on memory.
Removed updater for semi-obvious reasons.
Adds wall bumping sounds.
Overhauls calibration and the way the game plays effects, and also overhauled the options menu.
Game now prompts you to setup calibration on first launch.
Removes motivation item and replaced it with pictures. These aren't actual graphic images on the screen, they are only text and optional audio. You obtain them like every other item on the map during gameplay.
Adds a new game mode. It's fairly simple to unlock, because generosity. smile
Adds demonic raiders and backstory through photos. Demonic raiders are capable of one-hit killing most shelters, so watch out!
Removed and replaced a bu'u'u'unch of really old and horrible code. Game should be a lot less buggy now.
Raiders now go for the weakest walls first instead of any wall.
Updates robots to make them a hair less useful. They die, on average, 3 minutes.
Adds a key to check your resources press r.
I really hope you guys enjoy this update! smile

---
Email through the forum is welcome. Twitter: @phCrafting website: www.phantomcrafting.com
---

2018-07-14 10:07:14

Wo awesome, downloading. Can't wait to get some pictures lol.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2018-07-14 13:02:29

Hello,
I tried to Play the game but it doesn't seem to work correctly with JAWS. Can you please fix this?
And to everyone reading this: please don't spam me with "just use NVDA"-like Posts. There are some People who are pleased with one screenreader and don't want to Switch it.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2018-07-14 14:54:46

Hey there,
Sorry about the keyhook, I keep forgetting little things like that. It has been fixed.
You can get the update from the same link http://www.phantomcrafting.com/games/of … _world.zip
Enjoy!

---
Email through the forum is welcome. Twitter: @phCrafting website: www.phantomcrafting.com
---

2018-07-22 12:25:57

hi,
Can someone please post a link to the latest Version of Offensive World (the one with keyhook).
The link in post 4 doesn't seem to work.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2018-07-22 14:01:39

I'm not sure if this has the key hook in it, but this is the latest version I have.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/1hys5b

You might also check the audio games archive for the file.

It does appear as though the entire Phantom Creations web site is now off line.

2018-07-22 17:19:41

agreed, links down by me as well.

There's a place for me in this universe.

2018-07-22 17:36:06

I guess he decided to close down everything a little ahead of schedule. According to #1, Phantom Crafting wasn't supposed to close until the 26th, and it's only the 22nd.

Oh well, all we can do is hope that the final versions make it to the audio games archive.

Farewell, Phantom Crafting, best of luck to you whatever you do from here.

2018-07-22 23:16:09

Orko, the version that you had posted is the last version?
To download it and upload to tfj.

Thanks.

2018-07-22 23:20:08

Yeah, unfortunately Phantom's domain host was having issues and he's decided to go away from domain hosting for the time being.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2018-07-22 23:22:00

Hello, great game! The agarchive's version is not the latest. Please, if someone can upload the latest version, I'll kindly hug him/her! Thanks ! I was joking for hugs, or not. Ok I stop bullshits and return to my silence. Thanks anyway if there is a new reupload.

I usualy speak french, so please excuse all my english mistakes. Thanks!

2018-07-22 23:34:25

here

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-23 01:08:26

Hey guys,
As the owner of the site and maintainer of the server that was used to host it, I can put up a version of the game, I just have to know what service would work best? Dropbox? Google drive? Sendspace? File convoy? One drive?
And yeah, my host did a fast one on me, and so now I have no host and no domain.
My sincerest apologies for the annoyances this has caused!

2018-07-23 03:16:51 (edited by Orko 2018-07-23 03:34:00)

@sanslash332

I don't understand your message.

@ironcross32

My zip file appears to be 8 hours later than yours. The executable in your zip file was built at 12:43 AM, while the one in my zip file was built almost 8 hours later at 8:35 AM.

@Omar Alvarado

You can upload it here:

https://www.sendspace.com/dropbox/qn017u

I'll post a link for other to download it from, or use whatever service you like.  Then I'll send it to the audio games archive.

While you are at it, Phantom said there would be a sip file with the latest version of The Table Flipper with all of the objects posted too. If you have that, I'd appreciate it if you could upload that too.

Thanks!

2018-07-23 11:59:44

Yeah google drive or sync.com would be nice, that way the downloader doesn't have to deal with sendspace's download speed limit.

2018-07-23 16:53:13

google drive is fine, and it doesn't take a day and a night.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-23 17:01:22

Here you are, hosted on sync.com. To get it to download, just click download, the rest should be standard web browser.
Note, it may take a little while as the file is prepared to be downloaded, 5 seconds maybe? Anyway, here you go! https://cp.sync.com/dl/de60da410#rveai5 … u-5hs3ukdc

2018-07-23 21:07:05

Thanks Omar, AS it turns out, I already had this version.

If you haven't already done so, I'll pass this to the audio games archive.

2018-07-23 22:09:15

Hi all!

The webpage is not awailable.

Best regards,
Thog

In my grammar workbook the author is wrote that:
"The illiterate is like the blind man."

2018-07-23 22:11:05

On the normal difficulty, I survived for: 1 hours, 5 minutes, 18 seconds on offensive world!

I usualy speak french, so please excuse all my english mistakes. Thanks!

2018-07-23 22:21:27

that has to be with the old version before the update. Either that, or you got some reeeeeeeeeeeeel good surviver skill... That's awesome I've never survived passed 40 minutes!

2018-07-23 22:52:14 (edited by defender 2018-07-23 22:52:49)

I pretty much instantly die.
I run around collecting but I can't walk very fast, so I'll get some metal and some wood and maybe if I'm lucky I'll run into a robot that might give me some.
So then I reinforce a wall or 2 but I can't get across the entire map/collect enough metal to be useful before the raiders come...
And then it only takes a few seconds for them to break a wall down and I can't get their nearly fast enough.
Is their something I'm doing wrong here?

2018-07-23 23:45:55

always always hold the shift key as that doubles your walking speed. I feel like that should just be removed and you should always be running.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2018-07-24 04:03:29 (edited by defender 2018-07-24 04:49:19)

Thanks! Now is their any way to get the robots closer to me? do I just wait for them or something? or try to catch them.
Also, I really wish demonic raiders would take like 15 minutes to spawn, lower on higher difficulties, because yeah, their obviously incredibly powerful.
As well, I am curious about speed, sometimes I seem to be able to move much, much faster but I don't know what modifies that.

2018-07-24 20:31:38

hello I can't download the game for some reason. Both links in this topic don't work.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.