2018-07-09 21:55:20

BryanP wrote:

I almost wish I could have contributed to the campaign just to see what these bonus items are.

Maybe after a certain amount of time has passed, it would be nice if these bonus items could be purchased.

Just a thought, might be a way for Out of Sight to raise some extra money.

2018-07-09 22:00:27

That's pretty much what I was thinking. But this update has also made me wish I had the equipment to record a good quality demo or perhaps a live stream like Liam did.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-07-09 23:24:27

Hello again.
I'll send an e-mail to check the reward I'm eligible for, but I just wantd to say that I allready finished the introduction with my new character. Actually i went out of the city to make sure I was clearly in the main game itself but... no special item, message or anything.

Best regard,
Simon

2018-07-09 23:32:19

Ok. Yes, if you can provide support with the email address associated with your Kickstarter / with your game account, we can confirm what reward level you were at.

2018-07-10 05:21:02 (edited by Socheat 2018-07-10 05:22:15)

Glad to hear that there is an update to the game still. Does the update works with my old save file? Because I have my old save file lying around somewhere, and I still keep a backup of it. When I get a Windows machine, I will return to this game. Because I don't like playing with Wine on my Mac, because it makes  my Mac drunk quickly, oops! I meant it makes my Mac  heat up quickly, and it's slow like hell.

2018-07-10 12:55:49

well, i'm glad to be back in this game, but i want to make a couple of suggestions that came to my head during the play.
the first one is small. can you guys add a sound when somebody falls to the ground and gets up? i think i'm not the only one who's just too lazy to liik through the battle log every round.
and there's the second one. i'm playing on hard difficulty now, and i want to keep characters' stamina and mana maxed out all the time, but, you know, resting takes a lot of time. please don't tell me i should use potions for faster recovery, because potions are used in battle. may be adding some kind of rest or auto-recovery will make it a little better. now i have to do something else after a battle instead of going on immediately, and it makes playing the game on hard difficulty much less attractive.

we are the strongest! we are the weapon of the force! we are one!
my name is darth scorp!

2018-07-10 15:10:41

Socheat: Yes, old saves should work fine in version 1.3.

Darth score:
- Regarding knockdown noise, that's actually right at the top of my list of requested assets from Drew, so I do hope that we will have that implemented in a future update. You're right that knockdown can lead to significant confusion if you're playing without the battle log, and that's a major oversight on our part.

Regarding stamina and mana: giving players a way to instantly rest up is certainly out of the question, as it would mess with balance and would, frankly, make the game much easier. Especially on hard mode, you should expect something of a challenge. Remember that certain classes have the ability to purchase Enhanced Endurance or Focus passive skills to speed up their stamina or mana regeneration rates; you also have the opportunity of using both potions and restorative skills outside of combat. Part of the balance of the game is giving players the choice between burning items and getting into combat fully-loaded more quickly, or risking entering combat with lower stats and having to work with what they have, and skills, items, and other effects that increase regeneration rates are advantageous because they make that decision more forgiving. Allowing players to rest for free and immediately restore their stats would make all of these choices inconsequential, because nobody would ever worry about a skill that can up your regeneration rate, or make the hard choice between using that Potion of Respite or saving it for a rainy day, if they could just instantly rest up at the drop of a hat.

Also, once again let me request that questions and comments not specifically related to version 1.3 should probably be posted over in the main AHC thread. I don't want users who are looking for information specifically on the update to waste their time sifting through general feature requests. Thanks!

2018-07-10 18:16:55

I have to agree. Admittedly I was initially thrown by the fact that you can't rest at the inn and completely restore your party like in other RPG's (although at least you can restore mana and stamina that way), but I've gotten used to that. I tend to use passive restoration skills a lot since I tend to play as magical classes more often than not. I definitely agree that having sounds for getting knocked down and getting up would be cool, both for atmosphere and for a bit of help when playing without the battle log. I will say I definitely like the fact that the game now gives you more feedback when marking ambush sites. That's certainly helpful.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-07-10 20:31:07

I agree that general playing discussions should be in the main thread, but...

That thread is huge, with well over a thousand messages in it. That would make looking for a particular piece of information a real chore, especially since the forum doesn't have the ability to search a single thread.

2018-07-10 20:53:57

For sure, Orko—I was thinking more on this end, for users wanting to quickly browse through the 1.3 topic, in case they have an issue and want to see if it was addressed, then it would be best for them not to have to go through unrelated questions, when those questions could just as easily be posted and answered over on the great big thread :-) It's not a big deal either way.

2018-07-10 21:45:26

I think it's too late for that, LOL.

2018-07-11 00:53:38

Well, the only issue I had was getting 1.3.1, but that is now sorted out. My only other comment was the wish about the bonus content. So, it doesn't matter much to me either way.

2018-07-12 01:00:44 (edited by muhammad chafid 2018-07-12 01:02:14)

Hello.
At joseph, could the file sise of the update be smaller please? I am running the update and I only get 15% after wating about 1h sad

best regards, muhammad chafid

2018-07-12 03:54:38

Unfortunately, no. We recognize that this may be a significant source of inconvenience for people with slower internet connections, and apologize for that. If the large file size makes it too difficult for you to use the updater, you can also re-download the full game and copy your existing saved game and settings data over to it—this won't be any faster, of course, but it will be a direct file download rather than an update through RSync. If you continue to experience trouble, feel free to email us directly for support.

2018-07-12 16:04:53

Making off with the new version now.
Can we please, please please have some way to back up saves? Because a week or 3 ago, I, as a matter of habit, saved on a save file and poof there goes my level 80 something multi class char. Can the game back up every save every time the game saves or we exit or something?
Also thank you for the DRM fix.

2018-07-12 16:12:36

Hello all!
I think this has allready been asked, but I've probably missed the answer. Is there going to be a way to buy the bonus items as a dlc?
To be honnest I've allready finished the game, and I'm more curious then everything else, so I should certainly go with a spoiler about this items, but if it can serve the futur projects of out of sight games, I'll gladly donate some more.

Best regard,
Simon

2018-07-12 16:50:06

@keithwipf1: We'll certainly discuss this, but I'm not sure how this would work in practice, or why this should be necessary. I've never known of another game that keeps a backup of saved games—if a player overwrites a save, that save is overwritten, plain and siple. Can you point us to any games that do this differently? Another option we've considered would be to have a "Are you sure you want to overwrite this ave?" prompt every time you try to overwrite a save, but that seems like it would get very tedious.

@Arkandias: I can't answer that because there is no official answer, but it is unlikely. Honestly, we're a little reluctant to offer any of the Kickstarter incentives as stand-alone purchases, for a number of reasons. One of which is the fact that, if we charge less for something i.e. the bonus item pack than the amount someone had to donate to increase their reward level to get that reward, then it seems unfair to our backers, who should, if anything, get a better deal than users who come along later. But charging enough for something like the bonus item pack that it would not seem unfair to Kickstarter backers in turn would feel like an unreasonable amount to charge for such a small addition to the game. So it's very unlikely that these items will be available for purchase, but never say never.

2018-07-12 17:32:35

As far as I know, the closest any game comes to backing up saved games is to offer a number of slots to save the game to. So the first time you save you would choose slot 0, then the next time you save you'd choose slot 1, and so on, but it is the player, not the game that chooses the slot to save to or load from.

Beyond that, games just make it the players responsibility to backup saved games themselves. Just like they would any other file that is important to them.

2018-07-12 22:57:37

Hi Joseph,
it's wonderful to play this again after being sadly away getting my business sorted out.
Just checking, is the bonus item quest meant to trigger after speaking to adrianus and leaving the manor?  Just checking because I don't want to have to contact you unnecessarily to say it doesn't work when I've looked too early.

2018-07-12 23:03:06

Yes, sir. You can actually access what is needed to point you to those items before then, if you're inquisitive enough, but if you don't, the game will nudge you in the right direction after you speak to Lord Adrianus.

2018-07-12 23:07:36

ah.  in that case, I'll shoot you my email, because nothing out of the ordinary is happening.

2018-07-14 19:53:55 (edited by keithwipf1 2018-07-14 19:56:17)

When I asked for the game to back up saves, I just mean for there to be a backup folder in the main directory and every time I save it creates or updates the copy of that save, and if I need the backup I just copy and paste it.

Oh, and you seem to have accidentally broken reverb inside the battles in the mines for me.
Also do you mind adding high level ghouls that show up around level 40?
Just want something new to kill and I kinda think they sound nice. big_smile

Edit: I could probably back up saves but I save all the time, so that would get rather a pain.

2018-07-14 22:52:18

@keithwipf1: But if the backup folder updates every time you save the game, then if you overwrite a save, wouldn't it overwrite the backup as well? Unless you're asking for a separate, time-stamped file every time you save, but that would pile up to be a lot of backup files.

Also regarding reverb in the mines, are you sure it's broken? We dialed down the reverb in the mines considerably due to player feedback that it was distractingly, sometimes even uncomfortably, loud. Is it possible that your mine reverb is simply not as prominent as you remember? If anyone else can confirm or deny this, I'd appreciate it—I'll also give it a listen myself, next chance I get, and ask Drew to check as well.

2018-07-17 03:58:51

Dear Developer!
A bit spoiler alert
I found a little bug with equipment, namely the ring of the tune tiger which strength and  agility would be added 10 point when equipped. However, the agility is not removed when unequipped. Additionally, the agility is still be added if I equipped and unequipped several time.

2018-07-17 04:18:04

Yep, this is a known issue...guess I should've posted something about it. We'll patch it as soon as possible. Until now...enjoy the extra attributes, I guess...