2018-07-15 04:57:19

From what I'm hearing from several sources, I'm going to be happy PayPal decided not to let me buy this game. Somebody up there likes me!

2018-07-15 05:06:11

@Cloverbit congratulations on getting the game complete and out of the door.
I'll be picking it up myself in the next few days, I'll give my opinion once I've played it, though if nothing else I like what I've heard of the acting and cut scenes so far.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-07-15 07:29:57

i don't feel it worth this price, it have cutting voice,i even can not continue

2018-07-15 08:28:45

Come on guys!!! Just give them a chance. First game always difficult. This is their first game.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2018-07-15 10:08:11

Hello.

I agree with turtlepower and others who are saying the  game isn't worth the price.
I understand that the team were having issues, they said as much in their post but when sounds are crackly like this, if it were me, I'd not release the product.

It's only in certain parts though and this 3d audio thing that cloverbit made? I can't hear it but then again I don't have good ears for sounds.

Spoilers

I'm still stuck at the marsh. i've tried turning around once i go forward twice and left once, but no matter where i turn, the bubbles just sound like they're in front of me. I don't think the level is broken, there must be a way through it but it's a little tricky and when you can't skip the scenes it does get a bit boring having to hear the same thing over and over again.

Oh and that music puzzle was confusing to me, i new what i had to press (even though i don't have good pitch skills) but finding the levers to press was quite tricky.

end of spoilers.

I'm gone for real :)

2018-07-15 10:21:20

Hi.
I plan to write a review of the game as soon as I have finished it.
Marsh spoiler. Don't read this if you don't want tips for the marsh:
The marsh is quite tricky and frustrating as hell because of the long cutseens. Here is a tip which might help you cross it. I could give you directions, but I won't, because my tip will help you to discover it, and you already have a guide for your direction.
You can't hear if the bobbles are in front of you or behind you. Therefore, you need to figure that out by trial and error. Remember when the bobble sound is in the middle, it can also mean it's behind you. Don't forget to hold down the shift key if you're playing on a computer to hear what direction you need to go in. Or, should I say, work your way in, because you still need to watch out for the bobbles. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-07-15 11:38:24

the largest problem is the sounds cutting on windows

2018-07-15 12:29:00

at this point, i'm undecided
i've watched liam's stream and yes it was abit infuriating
i think some of that navigational dificultey has something to do with his hearing imparment
no affence liam
i may try this game when i  get that inevitable downpour of itunes cards for my birthday wich is coming
but glad to see that they finished it
atleast it's not vaperware
from what i'm hearing though it sounds over priced sad
i'll probly get it but don't know
and now i'm rambling so i should stop
thanks for reading this

2018-07-15 14:24:47

I will not be buying this. Having heard gameplay from two different streams, It holds no interest for me. The sound design is just bad, things cut off when they shouldn't, the combat is pretty much straight out of A Blind Legend, meh. An example of the cutting sounds is when you engage your perception, all the music and things just stops immediately, no fade to silence or fade to convolution or anything like that. The reverb when you're closed to walls just snaps into being, and then snaps into non-existence when you walk away. That is bad sound design, sorry, but it is. The story did sound at least tolerable. Despite the issues I have with the game, I might have even still bought it, but not for the current price, maybe $10 USD.

Also, who is going to pay that much for a mobile game, sorry, but the developers did not properly R&D this issue. In their place, what I might have done is this. Offer several bundle plans like PC and phone where on iPhones, you pay the fee and its a bit of a discount since you're buying a bundle, then you get an iTunes credit to buy the app on the app store. For Android users, they could just give you the APK. You can send and receive iTunes gift cards electronically, I've done that before as last minute gifts when I wasn't sure what to get the person.
I'm sorry things tanked like they did, that sucks as a small developer or studio, but you can't come into the blindness community and say you have 3D or binaural sound and then not deliver on it, a lot of things are mono and that just doesn't cut the cake. I do feel bad though having to say that about someone's first project, but I would also feel bad if I said nothing and people ended up spending money they wouldn't otherwise have spent.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-15 14:57:10

Hi all.
After having completed the game, I took the time to write a review of the game, of course only with my own opinions. I hope that will help people to decide if they should buy the game or not. You can read the review at the following link, and it's of course okay if you don't agree on my opinions. smile Comments are very much welcome. I hope you enjoy reading this.
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.p … 72#p372672

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2018-07-15 15:32:10 (edited by Orko 2018-07-15 15:36:00)

I am with ironcross32 in that I am not going to buy this game at this time. I will, however, keep an eye on it, since this is the developers first release, there is the chance that they will address the problems people, including SLJ in his review, have pointed out.

They will also need to offer a playable demo before I'll consider buying this game.

Thank you, PayPal, for not cooperating yesterday.

And, thank you, SLJ, for that great review. I agree with you that, in it's present state, 25 Euros or 30 US dollars is way too much for this game.

2018-07-15 16:15:06

Hi.
@Orco: I'm glad you find the review helpful.

Best regards SLJ.

2018-07-15 17:12:49

Hmm, To be honest? something is telling me Cloverbit is actually an old Ticonblue or just they having members from Ticonblue oonboard. Why? Ticonblue games were just bugged as hell, the audio quality was the same like in Echoes from Levia and I mean it was sampled down in the same way. Did you realised there is an actor in the game who played in all of the Ticonblue games? He played for example as the Inquisitor.

Of course I could be wrong but there are things which are so similar about Ticonblue and Cloverbit.
This is so sad some developers are just laying just to get more people who will buy their product (SO MUCH EXPENSIVE) in comparison to what it is offering. Exploration? No, there any kind of exploration. Realtime combat? Nope, sstanding in one spot and reacting on the sounds from your left, center or right? IIt's not a real-time combat.
Binaural? - No way, lots of mono sounds in terrible quality, some steere parts but no binaural audio.
Well, so sad but My thoughts were right to not get closer to this. smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2018-07-15 17:25:06 (edited by Orko 2018-07-15 17:34:02)

If there is any shred of truth to Lirin's idea that Cloverbit is related in some way to Ticonblue, then there's even more reason not to buy this game.

I bought the PC version of the first game in The Inquisitor series only to find out that the game was so buggy that it could not be completed, that there was no effort being made to fix the bugs, and yet they continued to sell it knowing all of this, and they didn't care.

I swore then that I would never buy anything from Ticonblue or any of the people behind it, because they had shown themselves to be untrustworthy, and just out to screw people out of their money.

2018-07-15 18:08:29

The only problem I had with the sound was not having 3D audio. I had to turn a lot to get past the marsh part. I turned off the ability to go into the control center as it kept jumping into it. Perhaps this is why people are having issues with sounds cutting out? I do wish you could skip dialog after you already heard it as it is annoying when reloading. I also wish you could explore the map freely without being told you can't go a certain way. Other than that I do like the story and the game and I think that for their first game they did a good job.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-07-15 18:55:54

I have not played this, but I was able to find a few lets plays. I did not listen to too much, because I want to go into the game, when I can play it, with a fresh mind, but here are my thoughts so far. The combat looks incredibly oversimplified, but I don't tend to judge based on combat. the acting seems to be split directly in half, some of it, including the guide, is absolutely, completely amazing, while some of it sounds so bad as to be laughable, including the voice for the main character, arguably the most important roll. This makes me very sad, since acting was supposed to be one of the games selling points, and characters, for me, are the most important part of a game, and bad acting usually keeps me from empathizing and bonding with them. but I also have not heard much, so hope I'm wrong, though from what I'm reading on this forum it doesn't look that way. I actually really like this style of exploration, and am the type of person to need a sound to aim for. Keep in mind, though, that I couldn't even find Guen in a hero's call, and ended up in someones backyard for over half an hour, so I am probably not the norm in this reguard.Finally, I love the different sounds of walking, trailing walls, etc, as that lends a much needed sense of detail. I will update more when I am actually able to play,

2018-07-15 20:03:45

I keep dying at the marsh.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-07-15 20:26:54

I quit on the marsh. i died to many times. I can't tell witch bubbles are behind me and witch ones are in front. some sound like their close together. until they make things in stereo i quit for now.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-07-15 21:02:20

Hello.

I've written to the team to ask for a refund.

I don't think this game is as polished as they say it is. There's puzzles and then there's trying and getting frustrated and not being able to skip scenes.

I'd recommend that those who aren't happpy with the game email the team and ask for a refund.

2018-07-15 21:09:44

hey brad,  first of all you will not refund this game.
second, does the game work on windows 7 64bit?
and third, the game is polished as it is.

2018-07-15 21:27:39

I used paypal as well, and it worked fine for me I will say though that alt tabbing out of the game, breaks it if this could be fixed that's great I keep having to restart the game if I need to check something and there seems to be no option to skip cutseens we'll see as the game goes on if it's worth 30usd or not though
as for your  CAPTCHA problem, you can hit copy link address in the context menu of the link, and download the mp3, or you can get captcha be gone which works great as well as prob lots of others out there

2018-07-15 21:27:50

Hello.

@Nick.

Here's the email I got when asking for a refund.

Hello,
We are sorry you didn't enjoy the game. If you want a refund and you bought the game from the App store / iTunes you must submit a refund request directly to Apple. This site may help you to know how to do it: https://www.imore.com/how-to-get-refund … -store?amp
If you bought the game for Windows you need to provide us the transaction code we sent you by email

I've given my transaction code to the team and will hopefully be getting a refund in a couple of days.

2018-07-15 21:29:46

I finished the game as well, and I have to say, I am in agreement with the majority of people here.
OK, the marsh thing isn't really that difficult.

Slight Spoilers
If you get confused as to whether the bubbles are coming from in front or behind you, simply turn around and use your deductive reasoning skills. For example, if you hear bubbles in the center, and you also hear bubbles on your left, and you turn 90 degrees to your left, if the same bubble configuration is heard, this means the centered bubbles were behind you to begin with. Therefore, simply turn 90 degrees back to your right, and you can proceed to go forward. Obviously, some sound cues would be nice to make this distinction, but for the meantime, this is a perfectly reasonable solution.
End of Slight Spoilers

Now, I am usually one to give developers the benefit of the doubt. However, given the price and the lack of certain AudioGame mechanics which could make the experience more enjoyable, I am convinced that I should provide the same list of complaints as others. For example, the game play could significantly be improved if the music tracks were in stereo rather than mono. Also, the dialog could use some tuning up so to speak. Simple edits in Audacity or Goldwave could give it the bit of spark it is missing. The voice acting itself, however, is quite dry in my opinion. Perhaps this is partly due to the audio quality.
I also agree that this game should not advertize binaural audio.
Well, all in all, I bought my version on iOS, and the USD $23 I spent is not quite justified. I would have probably payed USD $10 for this production. My apologies if this is a harsh criticism, but it is indeed my take on this matter.

2018-07-15 21:30:39

Hello.

Here's the email confirming that I got my refund.

Hello bradley,
Your request for refund/revert of the product Echoes from Levia: Soulbound has been concluded successfully.

We are sorry our product didn't match your aspectations.
If you feel like to leave us a feedback at [email protected] about what we can improve we would really appreciate!

Best regards,
The Cloverbit Team

2018-07-15 21:40:58

Hello.

@kaigoku.

If you go to reportaproblem.apple.com and log in, then find the game and press enter on it then go to the combo box and select the option that says something like cancel this purchase, you should be able to get a refund.

I can't remember the exact name of the item. When I looked on the site, I couldn't find it. Most of my apps are free and I can't find a payed one to see if the options are slightly different.