2018-07-08 21:12:19

so after finishing the demmo, some thoughts.
spoilers maybe:
1: we need to have a way to skip the scenes, like in bk3. I had to relisten to the scene about 5 times because I was getting smashed by the first boss.
2: We need a way to reread the tutorial messages. on a world map, I didn't fully understand how combat worked, so I wanted to reread the tutorial for it. I couldn't find any way of rereading the past tips.
3: amount of xp remaining. I hate grinding, but I hate it even more when I don't know how much is left till I'm free.
4: durrability should go down a bit slower then it's current speed. It's really hard, Really, really hard to repair stuff at the beginning of the game since you're low on cash.
5: shortcuts. While I don't mind  hitting tab for everything else, a shortcut for inventory and your level/xp remaining would be nice.
6: The bats in the cave are kind of buggy. They sometimes don't make a sound, and just jump, which means they're impossible to kill, even though they're still chasing after you. they don't attack, however.
7: alert for when the item is about to break. Just a soft ping might be nice, as I've broken my bow on the first bossfight because I was more focused on not dying.
8: Bows need ammo! They also need to reload! As it stands right now, you have a magic stash which never goes empty and you have an unlimited amount of arrows your bow can hold.
9: When jumping in the water part of the cave, the water goes away as you jump. No, it doesn't get quieter, it just disappears.
Over all, I like the game. It's solid for a demo, it's somewhat stable, but it still crashes from time to time. I'll keep an eye on this one. Hell, for all we know, this one will pass AHC's quality with the current detail to the world and the sound design.

Thumbs up

2018-07-08 23:34:19 (edited by hanif 2018-07-09 00:14:33)

finished the demo as well, I can say this is a kind of RPG we've been waiting for.
I guess this is the first time we've experienced a mixed between a side-scroller, topdown, and 3D exploration action RPG.
my thoughts, yes this game is pretty awesome, much better than any other RPGS, however there is something that needs to be added to the full game. basically the things that needs to be added is the same like the previous poster said, but I just need to add just one thing. it would be cool if we are resting at the bed, it will not only restore all of your health and others to full, but also your progress will be saved.
as for skipping cutscenes, actually there is a way to do that. just like in shadow rine, you can hold down the page down button to skip all of the cutscenes. for combat in the world map, I recommend you to hold the shift key to lock on to your enemy, then go forward a bit and attack. however sometimes when you walk forward you are blocked by walls or any other things, so you need to turn yourself a little to the left or to the right, then go forward then attack. same goes for items as well. lock on to the item, then try to go forward until the action message pops up.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

Thumbs up

2018-07-09 00:24:32 (edited by stewie 2018-07-09 00:26:29)

How do you hit the bats in the cave? I can never tell what their actual height is and they don't seem to actually come near me. I am holding up while swinging.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2018-07-09 00:58:05

Hi.
I was already past the part where I had to enter my name.
I also dont hear a radio sound to the left, I just hear the music and I cant press any other keys.
I am getting rather frustrated with the game right now.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

Thumbs up

2018-07-09 00:58:23

that's a bit hard for me too, sometimes the bat doesn't make a sound at all.
what I did to hit the bat is try to move closer to it, then hit it by pressing the left or the right attack button while holding the up arrow key. but sometimes, you'll here the bat is turning, so try to turn to the oposite direction and hit it. another way to do is while holding the up arrow key, you should also try to jump while hitting it.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

Thumbs up

2018-07-09 01:00:05

as for post 54, I think you should try pressing the enter key, then try moving to the left. when you here a bleep, press enter to examine the shuttle.

Thumbs up

2018-07-09 05:20:59

The game is pretty great actually, I liked it and also the navigation system is good and easy, the echoing steps indicating obstacles idea is also good. One thing I didn't like in the navigation system though is panning indicates the left and right edges of the map, which confuses a bit. I hope if there could be a setting that turns off this feature optionally, since it's somewhat annoying. Other than that, the game is super awesome.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

Thumbs up

2018-07-09 08:16:24

Guys, just remember this is ALPHA version and for me? as for the alpha it's pretty solid and great! I am sure they will add, fix and do everything to release really solid title.
Someone said AHC is better than this? Well, hard to compare as these games are totally different and even if AHC's sound is just super cool, realistic etc. Planet saga sounds just fantastic, the sounds and music fits the atmosphere very well and remember guys, game don't need to sounds super realistic to be enjoyable, the most important is the gameplay, replayability and content. I know people who were pushed away from Shadow line and I am always saying they are loosing so much as SL is giving a lot of fun. smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

Thumbs up

2018-07-09 09:23:41

yes guys, for an alpha version, this is just pretty solid and quite long. it covers alchemy and crafting as well, and even features various sidequests to complete. I'm pretty sure that the full game will be much better for sure

Thumbs up

2018-07-09 10:02:21

Hello.

Spoilers.

I understand that i can craft items like cotton, and fish and water oh and logs too, but once I've made one set of logs or two to get my wood working level up to 2, what can I do?

I mean, nothing seams to change and the only way I can get better stuff to craft is to talk to people to get new recipes, is that what I have to do? Talk to as many people as I can?

I'd love to craft my own ash bows, I have ash wood but can't craft them anywhere.

End of spoilers.

I'm gone for real :)

Thumbs up

2018-07-09 11:25:15

Remember, this is just an alpha versioon so probably yhey just implemented the systems and now they will work on extending it and improving. This is what I am thinking they will do. smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

Thumbs up

2018-07-09 14:00:29

@brad, currently the items that you can craft is cottun, wood, fish grills, medicinal herbs, and blueberry juices. but before that, you have to talk to the people who have that particular sidequest to get the recepee.

Thumbs up

2018-07-09 14:34:09

hi
i think this game is very awsome. if the demo is like that, i can't wait for the full game.

don't wish to become like the oceans, the flowers, or the sun. oceans will dry out, flowers will die, and the sun will be extinguished. be yourself and nothing and no one else and hope for a better tomorrow.

Thumbs up

2018-07-09 14:43:02

Hello, the game will be payed when it will be fully completed?

Thumbs up

2018-07-09 15:00:18

Hello.

@hanif

Thanks for that. I've got nearly all the craftable items then.

Perhaps when the game is fully released, it will have more items to craft.

Thumbs up

2018-07-09 17:29:38

Hi,
I am also wondering if this will be free or paid. If it is paid, I am definitely going to buy it. I might not speak much Japanese, but if I was able to order Dreamy Train with PayPal, then I hope this game will support PayPal too.

Thumbs up

2018-07-09 17:46:32

hey I think I 've found a bug.
when I go in to the work bench and get out from it, the bench dissappears, but the wherehouse is there.

Thumbs up

2018-07-09 21:46:28

Hi there.
So, when I run the game I get some weird scene that sounds like kids doing something. But what I want to address here is the fact that when i run it and get to move around the menu, it says you need to log in to jgt. I already did this and enabled  translate so I don't know what the problem is. Maybe I missed a post in the topic, but yeah. Any help would be appriciated.
Thanks for any help.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2018-07-10 00:43:19

Hello.
I am a member of Planet Saga developer.
First of all, thank you for playing our game!
I appreciate that despite Japanese games, you are playing this game.

We updated Planet Saga v 18.07.10.0.
This version includes several bugfixes and improved playability.

I'm sorry that my English is not good.

2018-07-10 02:02:41

@MM, thanks a lot for the update. I'll download it and try it out.

Thumbs up

2018-07-10 02:03:32

Hi.
Welcome to the forum.
Do you have an idea what the problem with my game could be?
the problem is that when I start the game, I scrol through the text, till the game tells me what the action button is.
I press it, I hear a  little bleep, but I don't hear the radio noise from the ship, like it should be.
I cant press any keys and the game just freses on me and I just can alt f4 out of the window.
Any idea what could cause this issue?
I dont know if this is possible, but could it have to do something with my screen layout?
I noticed that you can set the prefered screen reader on start up, but I couldnt do that and just saw some information which I couldnt read.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

Thumbs up

2018-07-10 06:31:05

@68, and anyone else having issues with the JGT login:
NVDA 2018.2 introduced some changes to the UI logic, which breaks the JGT login and settings dialogs.
I released an updated version that fixed this problem on June 15.
It is at the same link you get the JGT 2.0 version from.
Here is that link for your convenience.
https://BlindGamers.com/downloads/JGT.nvda-addon

If the JGT version in your addon manager is not 2.0.1 you are missing the fix for the UI dialogs and should download the new version.

Cheers!

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.
Try my free JGT addon, the easy way to play Japanese games in English.
Or try the free games I've created.

2018-07-10 06:57:07

@simba, try to download the update. and, when you are prompted to select which screen reader you want to use, what option did you choose?

Thumbs up

2018-07-10 09:37:44

Does anyone know where save files are located?

Thumbs up

2018-07-10 09:38:41

hello.

@mm.

In the full version of the game, will we be able to make ash bows?

Thumbs up