2018-05-08 19:47:36

I for one can't seem to find Mysteries of Deepwood on my current playthrough. I usually have good luck finding it in the watchtowers but apparently not this time.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-06-07 17:10:47 (edited by afsilva90 2018-06-07 17:11:43)

Hi all,

I seem to have made the wrong choice in the quest in which you had to return a signet ring. Instead of letting Simeon keep it, I returned it to its rightful owner. As a consequence, Simeon has been expelled from a shop at the outlaw settlement. Can I give said ring back to him or not? I would like to do business with Simeon's friend, but I don't know what to do. Could someone help me out, please?
Have a nice day,
André

2018-06-07 17:41:17

@#74:
1. This is likely a bug. Necromancy has been the cause of a lot of issues for us—honestly, because of some poorly written logic on my part. We're continually trying to find new ways that resurrection can break the game and I think wthere will be some more fixes in version 1.3.
2. I don't like to give too much detail on this sort of thing but I can tell you that, geographically, it's fairly close to the hidden outpost.

@#76: There are a couple of other places the text may pop up other than the watchtowers. I won't give you too much info but I'll say that they're all named locations (i.e. they show up on your forward scan as something with a name), and they're all visible from the road.

@#77: Unfortunately this is a decision whose consequences you have to live with. If you want to find out what happens if you let him keep it, you'll need to try that path in a different play through.

2018-06-24 20:23:55 (edited by afsilva90 2018-06-24 20:25:12)

Hi Joseph,

Can Sister Alexia, as one of the kindest and warmest characters in this game, forgive me for giving the signet ring back to its rightful owner, even though it is the wrong choice to make? If I talk to her, can I reveal how I feel with regard to this extremely agonizing problem and give me a helping hand on how to solve it? Nigel's wife clearly stated that the ring was something extremely valuable that was passed down through the generations and she also told me that if I agree to help her husband retrieving it he would give me a reward. If I don't give said ring back, I will face her husband's foul temper and I won't receive any reward. Will this choice impact my personality development with respect to the story behind this game?
Cheers,
André

2018-06-25 20:20:50

I actually don't remember offhand if this choice affects your rapport with Sister Alexia. If it does, it doesn't do so in a major way—it would just be one of the various choices throughout the game that increases or decreases your rapport with a party member. You don't have a lot to worry about either way.

2018-06-28 10:26:43

Is the "Actually love" quest unlock after you completed the quest "A heroes Call?"

2018-06-28 15:11:49

The two are not related. "Actually Love" only unlocks after having a certain number of conversations with a certain character.

2018-06-28 18:00:57

So are the two items you get after beating the game unequippable? They certainly seemed to be the first time I did it.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-07-07 15:36:30

Also, just talking to that individual doesn't seem to trigger the Actually Love quest. I've spoken to her twice as well as completed the two other quests offered by the other individual involved in this quest and I still can't trigger it.

2018-07-08 02:47:49

Bryan,

1. They shouldn't be unequippable, no. If you want to discuss this without spoilers, maybe email me?

2. You are correct that talking to the individual in question isn't what triggers the quest, just what paves the way for it. As for how to actually trigger the quest, the whole point of the way Love, Actually triggers is that it's supposed to be organic. I'd really rather not give people a breakdown of how it works, but if someone else wants to, I suppose I can't stop them.

2018-07-08 04:03:18

Well, in this case, I have a new idea, lol

2018-07-08 05:23:56

It's weird because I've done that quest before and being unable to trigger it now in my current playthrough is rather confusing LOL.

2018-07-08 21:38:16

Bryan,

Maybe you and I aren't on the same page about who you were or weren't talking to. If you want to email me about this one too, to avoid spoilers for others, feel free.

2018-07-25 21:13:18

Hi Joseph,

I'm having some problems solving a puzzle in A Hero's Call. To be more specific, I need to solve the puzzle that I find next to the massive tree in the Western Ruins located in the Deepwood Forest. Can you give me some pointers on how to solve this puzzle, please?
Cheers,
André

2018-07-25 21:25:10

It's generally my policy not to give away the answers, if I feel that the game has given adequate hints...as one of your party members should have mentioned to you, there may be something elsewhere in the ruins that holds the secret to what order you need to press the carvings in. I'd recommend exploring interesting locations you see along the side of the road, and being sure to check out any interesting items you find while exploring...

2018-07-25 23:27:04

Do anyone know when the text walkthrough will be release?
I remember that someone had mention a complete walkthrough for the game that will explain all the different quest in the game.

2018-07-26 00:09:34

Hi Joseph,

I created some custom beacons to some locations in A Hero's Call, namely the Adrinus Manner. Can I remove these beacons or not?
Cheers,
André

2018-07-26 00:30:56

Not currently. Implementing a way to remove custom beacons is something we'd like to work into the game engine at some point, but it's not an immediate priority.

2018-07-29 15:36:42

Hi Joseph,

What is the bow with the highest critical threat chance, shooting accuracy and has the best chance of knocking down enemies? Can I find this bow in the General Store or at the Blacksmith or not? I'm looking for a bow within the 90-100 percent accuracy range that Mathias can equip. How much does this bow cost?
Cheers,
André

2018-07-29 20:52:21

This may surprise you but, offhand, I have no idea. It is also highly likely that the bow with the highest knockdown chance will not have the highest accuracy and/or critical hit mod, etc. Accuracy boosts tend to be associated with lighter, faster bows, whereas knockdown chance increases with weight and power.

2018-07-29 23:12:33

Hi Joseph,

I noticed that there's an automatic crossbow in Simeon friend's shop which sells for 1200 gold. Is this the most expensive bow in the game or are there even more expensive ones available to purchase?
Cheers,
André

2018-07-30 00:36:47

Again, that's not something I know off the top of my head, but I would guess that the automatic crossbow may be the most expensive, yes.

2018-08-10 06:06:08

Can anyone tell me what to do in the tree in the forest. I’ll pull the lever but I’m not sure what else to do

2018-08-10 09:59:46

I believe you need to go through each wings, to find a book in there.

2018-08-10 16:47:55

@Baruch: Your overall goal (in terms of the main storyline) is to work your way toward the center of the tree. The tree is arranged in a series of concentric rings, and each one is sealed off by a locked door that opens when you pull a lever. So if you're in the outermost ring, you need to find a lever in one of the chambers adjacent to that ring; once you've pulled it, you find the passageway that leads in to the next ring. Then find a lever in a chamber adjacent to that ring, pull it, and so on.