2018-07-03 04:57:53

good ones please, not the shitty low quality ones recorded from iphones, actual, good, music and sounds i can get for free, please? pleeeeeeeeeeeease!

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-07-03 06:17:52

You should be mindful of custom licenses on some free sound sites around, but you can find plenty on [The Big List Of Free Sounds].

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2018-07-03 12:55:16 (edited by defender 2018-08-01 02:25:44)

Also check out soundeffectsplus, soundgator, and soundjay, who's libraries all overlap because they are owned by the same company, and I don't know why they did it that way but what ever, it's allot of good stuff.
Then their is zapsplat and freesfx.co.uk.
For some of the ones with more advanced licenses, it basically tends to boil down to, as long as you don't directly share the sound files to another person or make downloads available for the sound files them selves, or use them in a program specifically about sound effects than your fine.
Just remember to attribute appropriately, the FAQ or license will explain it, and you can also email most of them if your not sure.
Also check out Airborn sound, I forget if that's on the list yet...
Open game art.org, sound bible, and freesound all have very good stuff if your willing to look for it and do some cleanup, and in some categories, like ambience for freesound and 8 bit effects for open game art, the selection is really good without even looking, and both opengameart and freesound offer packs, so that helps allot.
The 4 Sonniss GDC bundles are also a really good resource, though you'll need enough space to store them and 2015 is harder to get.
Also their is the Adobe Audition sound library which, surprisingly you are allowed to use outside of Audition and doesn't even have a super restrictive license.
i'm pretty sure that all of these are good in commercial productions too... Though then proper attribution is even more important.

2018-07-03 19:21:51

I have all the sonniss bundles, I wish I could make them into one torrent though, since that makes more sense than four separate ones. But I wouldn't really know how to do that without screwing everything up.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-03 20:13:47

problem is i don't want to go threw and individually download sounds, also i don't have much money to pay for sounds, seeing as i'm 13!

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-07-04 01:55:16

so you want download full sound archive,  that's impossible, i don't think someone will upload archive for you,  cause that is way way long process
thanks

2018-07-04 02:51:12 (edited by defender 2018-07-04 02:52:29)

Well when available, things like tag's/keywords, sub categories, user profiles and packs help allot with searching...
And besides, that's what you've got, if your not able to pay than you deal with what you have or you don't do it at all.

2018-07-04 04:06:54

@Fox
I realize this might seem like a lot of effort, but if not by going through the sounds and downloading them individually, how will you know if they are good quality or not, whether you'll like them, or if they will suit your purposes? As already mentioned as well there are various free packs available you can get containing several gigs worth of sounds such as the soniss bundles.

As an alternative, you could also try a random sound generator like [LabChirp] to create a near limitless supply of sound effects, previous tests indicated that its mostly accessible with NVDA.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2018-07-04 20:33:47

Woah. According to the demo, it can do some really neat stuff.

2018-07-06 12:33:05 (edited by defender 2018-07-06 12:33:27)

Allot of the bigger indi sellers who host on sites like ASoundEffect and Sonniss also have free stuff on their own web sites, like Sound Morph and Sound Bits.
You'll probably have to jump through some hoops to get to it though, E.G. filling out an address and such, though half the time a fake one works just fine as long as the fake zip code matches to the fake address LOL, and sometimes, though rarely, the license is non commercial, but you can be sure of the quality!