2018-07-02 05:44:22

Hi. In few languages exist print option. It displaying writed text etc.
It's exist on bgt?
I can describe problem:
I know write option. It writing string content to the file.
I can't use alert function with pasting "+nameofstring+" because after this operation all content from the strings can't be writed to the file. If displaying of content has not added file creating properly but if i add it program making blank file.
How i can show wroted he's content to writer with not broking strings export to the file?
I using write parameter for example
plikpls.write((adres));

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2018-07-02 07:25:05

@1, no. This doesn't exist. In pretty much every programming language you are able to print text to the console. And you can't print to printers, either.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-07-02 10:26:04

Philip kept talking about adding this feature, but never got around to it.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-07-02 12:40:43

BGT cannot print text or display  graphics ofany kind

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-02 17:00:16 (edited by cartertemm 2018-07-02 17:01:24)

honestly have no literal idea where printing to printers came from in post 2 but...

You can actually print files to hardware printers with print.exe. Should come on all windows machines by default

2018-07-02 17:10:02

Can't you just use your screen reader as the "console output" and send text to it? Since BGT is for audio games this functionality should exist.

2018-07-02 18:17:04

It does use the NVDAControllerClient32 and 64 what ever the hell they named that thing thing to take control of NVDA, so in that sense, yes. Can you like, open a windows console with BGT and print text there, no.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-02 20:57:55

@5, yes, but its quite cumbersome to print using that, so there'd really be no point to it.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-07-03 06:32:59

If you need the text to appear on screen without interrupting the script, and don't need the history of past texts, you can use the window title. There is only one window for any script, so calling show_game_window when the window is already active will change it's title.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.