2017-08-02 10:22:24

Hey all. I was gonna try to find a walkthrough for BK3, but no luck since the BTSync folder doesn't seem to be working, so here come the aforementioned dumb dumb questions.

1. How do you jump to places? That is, I know how to jump, but let's take the courtyard in 1-1. Sometimes I can get to whatever:7 to get the iron balls, and other times I can't get there, I get to eight or five or something and then end up getting back down to zero. What's the trick I'm missing to get stuff like this consistently?

These next questions are based largely on Nuno69's playthroughs, good stuff BTW!

2. It seems like you can set up a weapon and a sub weapon and switch on the fly. How? The rope is great for lamps, not so good for the green slimes and such.

3. There seems to be some pretty quick attacking going on. My attack is 30 or 35 and it still takes a few hits to kill the slimes, but Nuno69 seems to be killing them with one hit. How's that work?

4. I've looked for keyboard commands and found a list, but Nuno69 seems to be checking things like level and such on the fly, are there keys I'm missing? Do we have a really complete list somewhere? I've seen the one on the JGT addon page and Black Screen Gaming's list, and none of them cover this.

5. What do some of the stats do? I get health and attack and defense, and I gather tech let's you wield machines and such, so to speak. What does stamina do? Mine never seems to go down, even though it mentions that walking slower helps to recover it. I guess shield is specifically for armor?

6. Is there a walkthrough, or some hints, preferably in text? It took me forever to get at the rope in 1-2 and I only did it because I got to 81:0 finally, and used my weapon on what I thought was a wall just for fun. I still haven't figured out how to kill the bear yet, Nuno69 seems to be able to hit it twelve times and then jump away, but I try hitting it and jumping, and I get in one or two shots before I jump, and it still kills me.

I feel like I had some other questions but I can't remember them. Oh, BTW, I know there are supposed to be walkthroughs out there, two mythical ones by a person I forget, and Black Screen Gaming claims to have some, but they don't actually play. Nuno69 is the only one who has stuff that works, thanks Nuno69! However, I'm only getting little bits and pieces, I knew there was a bunch of weapons in 1-1 but not where, though the hint did help me track them down, which was nice.

Do we have a good solid "you're a total damn newbie" guide or something? I mean I don't need "go to 30:0, jump five times, hit enter, then ..." But something of substance would be cool. I mean I'm also thinking of this in terms of introducing the game to somebody new you know? Without Nuno69's playthrough I don't think I would have realized you could get the iron balls, and I mean, as you can tell from the first question, I still can't get to them regularly.

If there's no guide and people answer, I'll gladly start putting one together, although clearly, I might not be the best person for the job! It's an awesome game though, and I'm really glad I bought the translation. I'm also planning to introduce a friend to it and to buy the translation if they're interested in playing. I'm having a whole lot of fun. I'm just stuck. I need help! Help me audiogames.net forum, you're my only hope!

2017-08-02 11:27:28

Hi!
1. The camera is your best friend, you hold G and then use the arrow keys to move  the camera
2. I can set two weapons that I will be holding by going to the weapons menu and pressing 1 or 2 on a weapon
3. use the shord sword.
4. I dcannot check the level on the fly, I use the E menu and then home key to go to the beginning of the log.
5. Stamina is used to use heavy weapons like buster blade. Tech lets you wield more advanced weapons.
6. I started writing something, and now I see that it would be cool if I continued it.
BTW, thanks for good words on my walkthrough!

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-08-02 11:50:19

To jump, you need to time it correctly. For example if you need to jump to the right and there are 3 walled spots above you and ten the wall is no more, you need to wait until your character is in that spot before jumping to the right...
I know this explanation is a bit dull but that is basically how it works, you need to time your jump, basically this is not like in other games such as super liam where you stay airborn for one second and airborn is just one square, in this game when you jump you go from y0 to y1 y2 y3 y4 then land to y3 y2 y1 y0.

Hope this helps, actually I'm not sure if you can go up to y4 or only to y3 from 0.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2017-08-02 11:56:06

Jumping is 4 squares

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-08-02 19:30:44

I think the thing that confuses me about jumping is that sometimes you have to jump where there's no wall, but I swear there's a spot in the courtyard in 1-1 where I jump, say to whatever:3, then if I stay at that exact spot and jump, I'm at whatever:5. I would think in order to do that I'd need to get to, say 4:3, then see that there's a wall at 5:5 or 6:5, and jump over to that. Do you just jump in one place, or can you move left and right while in the air? Maybe that's what's confusing me.

2017-08-02 22:48:58

You move left/right in the air. If you just press up and still wind up landing on something new, it's probably a convenient rare glitch or something.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-08-07 06:29:40

Well first I want to thank everybody for the help. I've got another question. I finally beat the bear, woo! In level 2 I almost got stuck in the last room of the community center with the switch but I got to it using the camera. I finally found out what stamina's for.

So my question is about the monster generator. Any hints on getting up to it? I don't see any walls/platforms to jump on to at height two or three, which is as high as you can jump to, I think. I guess I can just keep killing the monsters it generates and see if something new happens, but I'm guessing that's not the trick.

2017-08-07 22:31:21

When the generator generates, it comes down to the ground. So you attack it while it's doing that. If you pay attention to the pattern, you should be able to hear when it starts descending, so you can get in as much damage as possible before it rises/you have to deal with the monsters. Also, if you have enough points in tech, you can aim the iron balls, if you got them from the courtyard in 1-1. I wouldn't bother with the balls here, but it's a useful ability later.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-08-16 09:07:24

I'm back with another question. This is about stage 1. I introduced somebody else to the game and they pointed out something I totally forgot about. In the staff room where you get the first set of keys with the big box, it also lists what sounds like

2017-08-16 15:58:30

Striped box? That can't be opened till you get a key from 10-4.

2018-07-01 22:04:48

I'm new to BK3 and am also stuck at the courtyard. I don't get the whole platforming thing. I watched some videos of people playing this game and thought I understood it, but I really don't. This is probably the most challenging audio game I have played.

1. I can get the science room key at 30:7, but when I try to get to the iron ball things, I always end up falling back down to 0. What am I missing here? Yes, I have used the camera.

2. If I can manage to get those and the coins, what do I do to get out of the courtyard afterwards? At 35:0, there is always a wall in front of me and one to the left, and I can't go back to get to the door. Can someone enlighten me on all this, please?

2018-07-02 00:28:35

At 36 or 37 there's a space. You can jump up and left, and that gets you on to the platforms that came from the door. Me, I can never remember how to get up to the iron balls, there's a platform somewhere that you can jump on to and get to them, but I haven't done it in so long that when I tried it with a new char the other day, I failed miserably.

2018-07-02 10:25:05

The platform you use to go back up to the door allows you to reach the platform with the iron balls.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-07-02 17:25:47

Okay, thanks for the tips. I'll try them out next time I play.

2018-07-02 22:52:13

Huh! How? Is it one of those where you jump in one place and get higher? I think I tried messing around there and I can get a bit higher but then it goes back down right away.

2018-07-03 01:58:32

That's the same problem I've been having.

2018-07-03 06:29:07

If you can jump onto the lowest ledge, you only need to jump and hold the direction to get to the next one. But you must hold left/right long enough to cross the gap, and if you hear the bump, you've moved either too soon or too late.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-07-07 14:46:55

That tip about jumping and holding the right arrow helped a lot. I've been able to get up to Stage 1, Level 4 now. I have a new question about the plate launcher. I went back and re-watched a BK3 playthrough video. Apparently, you could store your remaining plates in the item warehouse, go back into Level 1, get the plate launcher again, and then retrieve your other plates from the warehouse. I ran out of plates and can't seem to get any more of them. Has this been changed in a recent update? Or can I not get any more plates because I don't have any to store?

2018-07-07 15:37:04

You need to store all the weapons you found in that box in order for it to reappear.

2018-07-07 16:10:49

Oh, that makes things clear.

2018-07-11 05:27:02

Okay, I made it to Stage 2, and I'm stuck at the room with the switch that is up high. I know I have to jump onto platforms in a certain way here to get to the switch, but I'm having a really hard time doing it. Can somebody help me out here? Thanks.

2018-07-12 16:08:47

If you go to 10,0 and turn left, you can jump to 9,3.

2018-07-12 16:16:46

I wrote a full walkthrough of this game for this exact reason. lol

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.