2018-06-27 22:13:34

Hi guys.

i got two questions and i somehow late to the OS's  use.

1. is there a way that i can install any distro without sight help? (Distroes i want to use are either Kali or tails).

2. How gnom-orca's accessibility?

3. is there something like accessible installation what so ever?

2018-06-28 00:38:18

1. Some of them, yes. Some of them, no. Depends on the distro.
2. Orca's accessibility is limited, but definitely usable.
3. You practically reiterated your first question.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-06-28 11:14:03 (edited by cartertemm 2018-06-28 11:15:28)

By default both Kali and tails are using gnome, which just so happens to have Orca out of the box, so yes. Simply alt super S to get speech. For a talking Kali, press S at the bootloader prompt

However, I've been unsuccessful in getting the latest versions of Kali up and running with speech and vmware. for some reason the norm is to keep audio muted... Everything I've tried failed and it's honestly headake inducing. I don't recommend using an old version, either, since you'll be locked out of using the mirrors.

OCR can be your friend for situations such as these.

2018-06-28 17:32:43

Cartertemm, is there a way that i can contact you?

and also i wann install this on Usb, Now Kali is downloading already.

2018-06-29 03:36:51

As is written in my description, twitter @cartertemm. If you'd prefer skype, crtbraille on their

2018-07-01 16:09:42

cartertemm wrote:

As is written in my description, twitter @cartertemm. If you'd prefer skype, crtbraille on their

i don't use Twitter, so im gunna hit you upp soon by skype.

Thank you.