hi
i have heard of a new game by the creaters of desaphio mortal
it's called battle constant.
i haven't played it much at this point but will post later when i have
the download link is renovagames.com
hope some one finds this interesting

Thumbs up

2018-06-23 16:39:19

can't wait to try it out. wonder how its different from there other game.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

Thumbs up

2018-06-23 17:11:11

It's exactly the same. Accept more unballenced. Now there are mediors which will randomly fall and kill you unless you're a pasifist, and there's no way to stop it. You still can get instantly killed by rockets every time you spawn, same maps, nothing different. That game is unfair, I advise you not try it, until the game gets some fixing. I mean, come on, something just randomly killing you several times without you being able to stop it, and still be able to fight, or those players with rocket launchers or explosive tape that would just keep killing you every time you spawn, unfair. Anyway, rant over. Don't try it, you'll only be wasting your time.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

Thumbs up +1

2018-06-23 17:11:59

it's a new version of desafio mortal, that's all it really is.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

Thumbs up

2018-06-23 17:29:39

Oh. Was going to try it but not sure. These games that they are making are crap to be honest. I mean, no pain sounds, no death sounds, come on. Some of the sounds are good their but I can't play it anymore and not only that most of the players speak Porchigeese.

Thumbs up

2018-06-23 18:05:34

Agreed with post 3.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

Thumbs up

2018-06-23 21:10:51

I mean, WTF, remove the mediors, and the rockets, explosive tape, and other explosives, fix the lag, and make it more interesting, then you'd be set

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

Thumbs up

2018-06-23 21:45:20 (edited by pauliyobo 2018-06-23 21:46:36)

here's I what I can think off:
- fix inflation
- make a revolution to the system
- make so that paid weapons aren't so advantaget against free one, because You can't for the shake of your self, kill with a free weapon. A paid weapon can kill you instantly.
- fix the lag.
- when you die you'll be respawned at the start of the map. So a non-pacifist can just stayt at 10, 0 for example and shoot over and over withouth givin you the possibility of going away, which doesn't help.

Paul

2018-06-23 23:39:50

sorry guys, as i said, i hadn't played it at the time of my posting this topic
i have played it now and have realised that it is very unfare

it is a nice idea but it needs polishing

Thumbs up

2018-06-24 00:47:28

I’m not gunna go off on a cloning rant or anything, but I think the main reason for the lag is the code. Remember the amount of lag / connection problems in up / btb?

Thumbs up

2018-06-24 01:39:23

MODS please remove this topic as it's an UP clone.
Clearly the original poster didn't mean anything by it and didn't even know at the time, but now that we know, the topic should be removed as to avoid giving these guys any extra downloads.

Thumbs up +1

2018-06-24 05:11:55

While I agree with defender, I agree with post 10 as well. UP had a very weirdish lag even on my localhost. Well i'm not a fan of side-scroler games(bk3 is something special! haha! ), So i never tryed and probably won't try this game. Although when it was desafio mortal I tryed to play it for a bit but for some reason that i can't remember exactly(might be being locked in a center or something or so many annoying messages), I stopped playing it. How ever. I guess we shouldn't except something better than its original version, Ultra power. Because code isn't completely wrote by themselves after all. Even if we assume they re wrote it, But since it's so much like ultrapower, It's not impossible that they read the code and typed it into another instance of notepad and saved it. I'm not sure of that but that is what i am thinking.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2018-06-24 12:15:29

better leave it alone
if something  is an up clone
its condemned for dieing

2018-06-24 16:42:15

Hi,
I am not going to remove this topic so early in the game.
There's a difference between an unfair game and a clone. Maybe it just needs balancing.
I am definitely going to keep an eye on this topic though, absolutely. But for now I am not going to touch this game file because if people are saying it's that unfair, there's no point in me trying it yet.

Thumbs up

2018-06-24 18:43:12

you can try it but essentially it's desafio mortal with a changed name. whether you want to try the same game is up to you, but you should consider your user base.
if 80% claim that it's still a clone after all, there must be a reason.
Correct me where I mistake.

Paul

2018-06-24 18:54:35

well, for all intents and purposses, it's still ultra power, simply with a lot of new features and maps added in. But one thing I've learned from all this is to just stay out of it as best as I can. So my own personal dessision is to stay away from this game, not because it's a clone, but because I'm just tired of side scrolling shooters and the drama that seams to surround them. Make the maps first person, remove the unfair micro transactions and balance the game a bit, and I'll give it a try.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

Thumbs up

2018-06-24 19:10:46

Here's the thing. Even if it weren't a clone of another  game, the fact that it's so laggy, and unfair makes it not worth your time. I'm not going to say you shouldn't play, because it's your choice whether you do or don't, but, as I've said, the game is unfair. You'd be surprised to find that in the mainstream gaming market Cloning, in quotes, I put that there, because I doubt you all have your punctuation level set to all, makes money. Look at games like Call Of Duty, and Battlefield. Very much alike, not using the same code, but share a lot of the same consepts. The way I see it is, if the original author has given permission to use his or her source code, which Mason has, then you can do with it as you please, so if you choose to make a new game out of it, still keeping the coor game play and overall structure, then add more maps, in game purchases, some elements of real life like the need to use the bathroom, and run it as your own game, you can, because the original author of the code that you added to said that anyone can use it. Now, is that going to be the best idea? Probably not, but in my opinion, the fact that it is using the same code as Ultra Power isn't relevant.

Thumbs up +1

2018-06-24 19:33:43

wait, when did mason give the permission?

Paul

2018-06-24 21:25:23

Hi,
@Techmaster20 this is exactly how I'm feeling: the game currently seems unfair so I am not going to touch it until the balances are fixed, if at all.
As for cloning, I honestly think the only person who can decide what to do about that, for the moment, is Mason. If he doesn't decide or respond after a while though, then I think it'll be down to us as a community to make that decision. I think that's only fair. THing is this sort of project has evolved from beyond what the original Ultrapower is, by a landslide. Although this version only seems way more unfair.

Thumbs up

2018-06-25 05:39:49

It's not a clone, it's using stolen code, you mods need to actually do what you volunteered for, sit down and write a rule about this and get it hammered out once and for all, this has been going on for way too fucking long and the dragging of feet is really starting to piss me off.
Take a side already and stop pussyfooting around the issue to avoid making waves, it's your website and your choice.
Either you allow games to be showcased here when you know they are using stolen code or you don't, moral arguments don't even need to enter the conversation.
This crap has been eroding the reputation of audiogames.net for years now, and by doing nothing you actively accept that and provide the means to allow it to get even worse.
So if any of you guys really care about this site as much as you presumably did when you signed on for mod duty, than you'll pull strings no matter how low on the totem pole you are and try to get as many of you together as you can to discuss this, and either make a sticky about how it's okay, write a rule about it not being okay, or at least police these threads in a reasonable amount of time and not let the issue fester like you have time and time again.
And if the lack of initiative is do to fear of overstepping your authority than clearly their is something wrong with this system...

Thumbs up

2018-06-25 07:35:20

Defender, here is the last statement made about clones and the like.  This was made by Dark back in April, in the Desafio mortal topic:

Dark wrote:

Moderation!

Okay this hole business is getting waaaaaay beyond a joke.

The ultrapower situation began because Mason had code stolen and asked the mods to help with issues of clones. The problem is since then there have been so many possible clones, possibly not clones, modifications and other permutations that the situation has got waaaaaay beyond anyone's ability to prove or to follow.
Right now the only person I would believe proof from about any of this is Mason himself since he was the one  who stated code was stolen in the first place.

And no, ability to crash a server is not proof that code has been stolen, it is proof that the person crashing the server is a vandal.

I am not going to try and go through back logs of code or lots of clones of beyond the bullit or god knows what determine who does what, much less try and sorted the convoluted and frankly childish mess this topic has become, which is probably good for a lot of people here since otherwise I would be handing out warnings, bans or worse since my god! this situation has got offensive.

In the end we need to make a decision about this. We are not copyright lawyers or high priced cyber investigators, we are people who like games  try to actually make this community a decent place (something which I confess many people in this topic are making severely difficult!).

In the end we have to decide what is good for the community and in the end we have people developing an audiogame! which, (unlike apparently many of these abortive ultrapower clone projects, is still being worked on and added to, and stil being played and enjoyed by many people.

So, this topic will be closed! because frankly the situation has got insane!

if however the developers of desafio mortal wish to start a new topic in new releases to discuss the game legitimately that would be fair enough. If such a new topic is started, then any accusations of cloned code or personal insults will not be tolerated and those making such accusations will receive warnings or worse.

The only exception to this rule is Mason, since as originator of the code and the one who actually asked that stolen code be changed he is the only person at this point  legitimately could provide proof that any game has used said code, in which case a private discussion will be had with the developers of desafio mortal, and Mason.

So failing word from Mason, accusations of stolen code please stop here! as in fact does this topic!
I apologize if this seems high handed, but frankly this hole situation is ridiculous and is causing waaaaay more tocxic crap than its worth, and I think we need an end of it.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

Thumbs up +3

2018-06-25 07:47:28

Moderation!

@Defender, we have actually discussed this issue at length on the moderator's mailing list,   so your assertion that we haven't, or that we're "pussy footing around the issue" is simply is incorrect.

part of the problem, is that essentially the code now is in a state where either nothing is provable, or so many modifications or other permutations have been made that one  could convincingly argue that at this point it  a different project entirely.

As stated in This topic from april when the last thing came up, the only person we'd accept either definitive proof that the game is using stolen code from, or indeed a direct request to actually police distribution of the game is Mason himself, and he's been rather indecisive on the matter.

In the end what we have here is some people trying to make an audiogame. It may or may not be a good game, but fundamentally its an attempt to expand the amount of games we have available to play, which can only be seen as a good thing.

Of course, should Mason contact the moderation team about this game, desaphio mortal or other projects and ask they be removed we'll gladly comply, but failing that at this point what we have is essentially a bunch of accusations.

So, play the game or not as you wish, criticise the gameplay, sound design or other features of the game as you wish, but failing a word from Mason might I suggest we please leave the matter of accusations of stolen code or cloned games or whatever aside, and get back to what this forum is actually intended for, discussing and enjoying games.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-06-25 17:19:09

I think Dark said it best.

Thumbs up

2018-06-26 07:20:22

Lol, can't even play it anyway so heh. Just get a door closing sound after starting. Don't have any cheating software installed either so yeah. lol.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

Thumbs up

2018-06-26 10:54:13

hello everyone!
well, i agree that this game lags but i am a very old player of this game, and i know that this game is improving day by day. I think the admin system is unfair and they don't discuss the problems and take decisions by themselves, they do cheating  even which is not good for the game and its player. I can't say that if it is a clone or a stolen code was used.

Best regards
Pranam
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!

Thumbs up