2018-06-04 07:30:54

Yes fighting fantasy project, see index
Has a new gamebook for people to try.this is another one by Tammy Badowski.
I admit, her last one, Escape Neuburg Keep wasn't exactly great, but from the brief try I've given this one its a lot better.

Its a haunted house sort of story similar to house  of horror or the original house  hell though with some logic to it, since your playing as someone trying to find some herbs to  cure themselves of lycanthropy.

While there is some of the trademark gore from newberg keep, there is also a lot more going on, including a quest and lots of exploring mysterious locations.

I'll also admit that even in terms of gore things seem to be improving, the zombie I ran into was really particularly nasty in terms of its description.

play it here

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-06-09 13:01:00

Hell yeah!
I've been waiting for ages to play something new from fighting fantasy project, and finally, here it is!
Thanks for the notification@Dark

I choose to be happy

2018-06-09 19:24:22

I'm a big fan of the ffproject site, I even did a review back in 2006 of a bit of impudent peasant (you can find a link to it on the database page).

I can't say I've played through all the books on there, but I've had a lot of fun with many of them.
I will admit Tammy's first entry didnt' impress me, but this one as I said look like fun.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-06-10 06:26:45

While I like some of the games on there, the assassin one is probably the one I've enjoyed so far.

During combat, those graphics in the table confuse me.

They show stuff like attack strength and stamina.

I'm not sure how to read through all those stats, the table layout feels weird.

The games are certainly playable, it's just when you're in combat that screen feels weird, or maybe I'm just not use to it.

2018-06-10 11:25:23

Attack strength is what you rolled, it always shows yours before the enemy's, stamina is how much stamina you have left.
I admit I preferd it when you actually needed to click the fight button to roll the dice and only got one result, rather than having the game play the entire combat until the end for you, its quicker I suppose but imho less fun and a little harder to read too, but its still not impossible.