2018-05-08 05:52:55

As you might imagine, this is the sequel to Corruption of champions see db page here
One of the largest and most accessible and complex text rpgs around, albeit one with a decidedly  colour and heavily erotic theme that should not be played by under aged persons or those easily offended (you have been warned).

This seems to be a sequel which a user called Savin has been making, and is a demo version in development since April. I don't believe there is much content yet, but there are already two major improvements over the original CoC.

Firstly the game does not use flash, meaning that its entirely playable in Chrome. And secondly, unlike Fenoxo's other game Trials in Tainted space it seems to be absolutely %100 accessible, indeed more accessible than fall of eden, just hit the buttons for the choices you want and type in the text boxes.

i might be jumping the gun here, but this could be something really good if it becomes as complex as original CoC, plus its still in development, though I don't believe its possible to contact the developer accept on the forum.

Still if people want to give this a go you can do so

played here

Just find the "play Corruption of champions ii" link and open in a new window.

Happy corrupting.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-05-08 06:45:50

Okay just gave this a try.
The intro is really quite cool, the game has travel directions rather than the random exploration of CoC and actual honest to Venger dungeons complete with descriptions for each location, it actually reminds me a little of original Sryth which is a good thing, plus it has a different combat system which companions who join you and do their own thing in battle.

The only miner issue I found is that items in your inventory don't seem to be examinable, which might be either because they haven't got descriptions or because I'm missing something.

Sadly the first quest I tried needed you to go into the forest outside the starting village which I don't think has been built yet which is a shame, still as I said methinks this is one to watch.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-05-08 14:02:39

@dark This game seems interesting.. The other coc game, despit being played only in ie, can be very accessible. Jusxt one thing that I wasn't able to do was to give perks to my character.

2018-05-08 18:36:49

@Caio if you want to ask questions about original CoC why not move discussion over to the topic for that game? sorry but if we start talking about original CoC in the CoC 2 topic things might get a bit confusing big_smile.

2018-05-18 12:30:49

Hi, is there a way that we can follow updates or know when they happen?
greetings.

2018-05-18 16:49:05 (edited by Luel 2018-05-21 05:10:52)

Hello.
After the tutorial, you can only talk to the tavernkeeper and the priest.
You can also recruite Kate, talk with her and engage in some other... activities.
You can leave the village and fight some enemies.
The items in inventory are both examinable and equippable.
To equip something, press "Inventory" button, then "Interact" button, then Enter on the item you want.
To examine things, use shortcuts for mouse in your screenreader.
The same method can be used to check descriptions of choyces in the game.
It works with NVDA.
Here is a post about the most recent (at the moment) version of the game:
https://www.fenoxo.com/public-coc2-lusty-wyverns/

2018-05-18 17:51:06

Ah, so obviously CoC2 info is being reported on the blog.

Btw Luel which mouse command do you mean in Nvda  examining items? knowing which your using would probably help people using other screen readers.

i hope CoC2 stays screen reader friendly, though if the game has most if not all systems that are implemented and is mainly going to be content updated it will hopefully be okay.
I''m just playing through original CoC at the second myself.

2018-05-18 18:15:30

Below are the commands I am using in NVDA:
Move mouse to current navigator object
NVDA+numpadDivide
NVDA+shift+m
Moves the mouse to the location of the current navigator object and review cursor
Navigate to the object under the mouse
NVDA+numpadMultiply
NVDA+shift+n
Set the navigator object to the object located at the position of the mouse
Report current object
NVDA+numpad5
NVDA+shift+o
Reports the current navigator object. Pressing twice spells the information, and pressing 3 times copies this object's name and value to the clipboard.
The last one reads the item and the description again.

2018-05-18 20:32:20

Hi Luel.

I thought it was NVDA numbpad 5 you meant since I tend to use that to read mouseovers in most games, such as a lot of information in puppet nightmares, but it's good to check.

2018-05-21 05:07:21

Hello.
I just want to let you know that a new version of the game has been released.
Right now the information about it is the first post on the blog.

2018-05-23 02:38:31

I tried to play this game, when I open up the page, it gave me a progress indicator. Don't know what happen though.

2018-05-23 07:54:05

I do not know what the progress is for.
I guess the game is loading.
I had the same situation when I tried the previous version.
I waited for it to complete and the game opened normally.

2018-05-23 08:32:56

Yep you need to wait a bit for the progress bar to complete before the game loads, though unlike original CoC, CoC 2 will play nicely with Chrome.

I admit I'm giving CoC2 a bit of a rest at the second since I've been playing original CoC, as I should really finish the game before starting the sequel if possible.

2018-05-24 04:07:40

Well, I can't play previous version of COC, because VoiceOver doesn't like flash contents.