2018-05-14 15:29:25

Greetings.

i suppose I should really put this in the incremental games topic, but as I don't know if people are checking that topic I thought it deserved a new one, particularly since this is sort of rpg like as much as its an incremental game.
This is a really silly game called chickens which is a great deal like a dark room, accept for being far sillier and rather easier to play. Its supposed to have sounds, but they're not playing on chrome, or for that matter when I tried on Ie either so its probably going to be text based.

Start off by hitting the button to "slay chickens" and get chicken meat, more options will become available, all of  a little crazy (I want an iron chicken nugget now).

I won't spoil the stuff that comes up in the game since discovery is always fun, but here are a few pointers.

first, a neet access feature is that each of the game's buttons actually has a timer on anyway, so just abuse your b key to look stuff up. new text appears at the top of the page and doesn't go away until something else new happens, which means you can always read the descriptions, however the one exception for this are  your exploring, since then you will find enemies that damage you over time, so as with a dark room be sure to hit the attack button (like a dark room the buttons have timers for when you can hit them again).
Of course your healing resources are fairly extensive at that stage in the game, and the damage being done is minimal so long as you gear up (I haven't yet found out what happens if you lose), still its wise to take care.

Another thing to watch in terms of buttons is resource producing, since the x10 button is located at the start of each resource row not at the end. This will make sense if you navigate with arrows, but might be difficult if your just hitting B.

when you get the chance to go exploring, the game won't let you explore until you've filled in the text fields with what  resources to take with you.
Just as a hint, one resource heals you, you use another resource to move, so if you find lots of disabled buttons be sure you've filled in the  numbers in the right box since this one threw me as the game is a little unspecific about what resource does what and I couldn't work out why the exploration wasn't working.

The one thing I have not worked out in the game so far is how robots work, they're supposed to give you chicken meat over time, but though I've built one, I don't seem to be getting anything, which is a little irritating.

Anyway, Try the game out for yourself here

happy slaying, and hope you like chicken, or at least don't like chicken since your going to be killing lots of them big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-05-14 20:00:06

But, those sounds are also not working on FF.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2018-05-14 20:02:04

Ah well maybe sounds don't work generally big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-05-14 21:30:55

Ofcourse, there maybe will be sounds.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2018-05-15 00:45:15

Righto,

So
slight
spoilers

I took this one for a spin and feel like I've hit a bit of a wall. I have over 150 chicken meat, about 40 hardened chicken meat, several iron chicken meats, plus various nuggets. I have a workbench and a sword, I have cooking and speed unlocked. That's all great. Except my workbench still wants me to make a sword, and clicking that doesn't do anything. And I feel like there's obviously more I have to do, but I have zero guidance, and I'm not sure I want to, say, get 1000 chicken meats only to find out that I need 1000 iron chicken nuggets, you know? There's no guidance whatsoever at this point and I'm kinda wondering what's next.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-05-15 01:07:25

Ah I made the same mistake there Jayde before i realized the problem.

Beware! spoiling spoilers ahoy!

When you get the chicken meat sword, different types of chicken meat will start dropping. To make the upgraded iron chicken meat sword, you need ten hardened iron chicken meat. You can see this in the inventory, there are three columns, the first for meat, the second for hardened meat and the third for nuggets.

You should find the tbutton to convert one iron chicken meat into hardened iron chicken meat just above the button to convert iron chicken meat into iron chicken nuggets.
Once you have the iron chicken meat sword other resources will start dropping and you'll get skill unlocks etc.

Btw, I've run into a wall myself that might actually be an access problem but I'll wait to see if anyone else runs into the same problem.

2018-05-15 01:35:30

oh now dark you know my views on chickens and now the girl who won Eurovision sang like one, I just start getting over it and you tell me they've got a game too?
I told you. the feathery menaces have an ajenda and I'm scared to find out what it is.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-05-15 01:44:56

Well chickens aren't as synister as ducks, Don't believe me? here's the proof

Seriously I do like the game, but I wish there was a way to contact the developer since unfortunately I seem to have reached a point where I'm utterly stuck.

Beware! spoiling spoilers, don't read on unless you've got to exploring the chicken verse.

Okay I've got all the upgrades and skills available up to this point but the combat when your actually fighting things that hit back is really rather difficult, since its bent on hitting attack buttons asap while your damaged by on screen enemies. This would be doable accept for firstly, some enemies damage you, some static, so you need to go for the crytical ones first, also due to what I only assume is a  mistake there are glitch chickens which your not supposed to attack since it might crash the game.
I've got a ways through but there's a certain point when combat just has too many enemies and gets overloaded.

I'd love to contact the developer, since this would be an easy fix, simply instead of having the buttons say "attack" just have them say what your attacking each time so you could just hit the b key quickly, either that  or reduce the dps on enemies but I've yet to find an email address to contact the developer of the game which is annoying.

What is also annoying is that there is no way to progress even by killing a few enemies and coming back prematurely in hopes of building up resources, since I  that resource acquisition needs to be unlocked somewhere, either that or there is a problem with my game.

2018-05-15 02:38:20

Okay

some
slight
spoilers

I now have gold armour, and can apparently make diamond armour, though I've yet to find any diamond chickens.

I've travelled up to 180km, have all the furnaces and exploration upgrades unlocked. I found a bunch of chests on my last run, and had like 6-7 pieces of some sort of ancient scroll, but when I returned to town they were mysteriously gone, so I don't know.

You've got to be quick killing chickens. Angry golds are your targets, and honestly with Jaws it's not hard to see which button corresponds to which chicken.

I also have robots working, so I have nearly 10k chicken meat and a ton of everything else. I'm just waiting for more upgrades so I can hopefully have more HP/take less damage/whatever else. And if there's an "end" I don't know where it is.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-05-15 07:44:09

Beware! exploration spoilers ahoy!

@Jayde, its both after the 200 mark that you start encountering diamond chickens, and that combat gets more extreme. I also believe its after that point that you start encountering angry glitch chickens, and one mistaken hit on those seems to kill you. Also yes, no items at that point. I'm guessing you need to progress far enough to unlock diamond chicken meat in storage or the new abilities for the trader, but I'm not sure how far that is at this stage, 270 is my best so far. The problem is not finding the attack buttons, its hitting them quickly enough.