2018-05-06 18:46:01

Hey guys,
So my friend Nathaniel is super interested in doing this. He's definitely a gamer, and a super dedicated person. He will do whatever needs to be done in the game of your choice, and he'll play the games your way. so let's say you wish to do most of the work yourself and just need help here and there, he can help you with that. Or perhaps you wish for him to play the entire game for you and let you make the choices, he'll do that too. or maybe you want him to acquire a particularly hard trophy, he can try doing that as well, although that could take some time as some trophies are super difficult to obtain. He does have a bit of a reading disability, but this won't stop him from getting whatever it is you need done, he just asks for your patience if he gets stuck on a reading portion. His current prices are: $12 for 5 hours of game time, and $24 for 10 hours. of course you don't need to do the entire block at once, you can do 2 hours now, and 3 later etc. another requirement is: you must own the game. this will make things fair for you as you'll be obtaining any associated rewards on your own account. Any of these rules can change, but that is all at his discretion, and if he does change something it's not going to suddenly occur in the middle of your gaming block. he may even do gaming packages, but again, that's up to him. I'm just passing this on. if you guys have any questions, feel free to contact him. his twitter handle is @nathaniel_hobbs, and if you wish to jump in a party and discuss things further, his psn id is madmankiller. he's ready to start at any time so if you are too, hit him up.

2018-05-06 22:08:36

Wait, am I understanding this correctly?  I pay to have someone else play a game for me?

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-05-06 22:37:05

Nocturnus, I think that's how it works.  What I'm not sure on are the different price options, and what the pros and cons are to each.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2018-05-06 22:49:25

But what's the point of paying some one that has to play a game for you? I don't get it.
If you want to see some one playing a game that you like look on youtube and searhch for it, ying a game for you?
IF you want to look some one playing can't you just look game plays?
I just think it's no worth paying some one that has to play a game for you. It doesn't have enjoynment if you do that

Paul

2018-05-06 23:06:03

hmmm. wonder if I could charge people to watch tv all day for them. lol reminds me of the electric munks douglas adams wrote about that people bought to do their believing for them.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-05-06 23:19:39

So what's the point playing games? I rather play the games myself or if I want to watch people playing just look it up on youtube for free. If I want to earn my own trophy I can do it myself, rather than pay somebody doing it for me. That's take all the fun out of playing games.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2018-05-07 00:06:07

yeah I too am baffled why anyone would do this.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-05-07 00:36:48

I'm going to pay someone to eat my breakfast and my lunch for me, but not my dinner.  Dinner is mine.  Wait, what the...

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-05-07 00:37:45

I think it's like if you have a game where parts of it are accessible but other parts aren't, you can have him do those parts so you can get back to what you were doing.
Or he could unlock new characters for you to use in the mode you can actually play.

2018-05-07 01:21:10

I always ask my brother to play games for me, that's very, very different from watching that on youtube. If you hired someone to play games for you that are inaccessible, this way you can do things you like, advance in the game the way you want, select and choose what you want, while it's definitely impossible to control what a person does with a recorded video that you see on YouTube lol. I'm not saying that this project could be siccessful, nor failed too, that depends on how it's implemented and the work mechanisms within the project.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2018-05-07 01:48:24

The problem is doing something like this completely ruins the fun of gameplay, IMO. Parts of a game might not be accessible... so what? You can figure it out. It might take time but if your patient you can do it. I don't see the usefulness of this "service". tongue

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-05-07 04:49:55

I use to ask my friend to do my homework... but we won't complain about that right? lol

follow me on
twitter
now go away, don't talk to me

2018-05-07 07:41:22

Hi.
The only situration where I could see this being useful is if you're playing a mainstream game, which is not fully accessible. Then the service could be use to pass the inaccessible parts of the game.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-05-07 08:04:52

Easy money? Lol!!

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2018-05-07 10:02:00 (edited by hadi.gsf 2018-05-07 10:03:35)

Jesus christe guys
When will you stop  slamming any topic that will get posted on the forums i don't know lol.

I would pay such service to play  video games for me, specially the realtime strategy ones. or the story based ones. but only if the  prices are reasonable. I've done this before with my cousins when i was a kid.
IF any of you guys happen to know the Commandos series, I used to sit beside my cousin and tell him what to do, based on the scenarios.
He first would describe the mission, my unit's positions, enemy's position, and any information he could see. then he would give me options and i could choose between them. or i could come up with an idea  and he would go with that.
It was a very great pleasant experience, and i would go back again to be in those old moments again. We would laugh a lot and have a lot of fun. I would be a sad kid if there was no way for me to play the commandos series, because i really really loved the game and its sound effects and the scenarios

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2018-05-07 12:36:08

Yeah I'm with 15 here. It'd be super nice if I were to say need help upgrading on the sphere grid with Final Fantasy X, or wanted to get to a hidden area of the game/make sure I have all of the items for a certain segment.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2018-05-07 13:08:55

OK as I feel then this offer is half useful and half not. It is useful for some people on the vidio games side but in an audiogame I would only prefer completing it myself. Unless any person feels the prices much. tongue Well I never play any mainstreem games.

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

2018-05-07 13:58:11

Seriously guys, I get it..
Some of us want to play games that aren't accessible in our own way. This servisse offers such a thing.
Say I want to play skyrin? This person would play it for me but doing the choices I would do

2018-05-07 13:59:44

This sort of thing is more useful for videogame players, like myself.

2018-05-07 17:28:42

It's not immersive if you get someone else to do it, even if they make the choices you would make, its not you walking around, its not you fighting. Just, no.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-05-07 17:57:32

Yeah, with ironcross here; you're not playing the game, anymore than eating a pizza just because someone else tells you about it in the greatest descriptions.  Supposing they hand you some of the cheese, a slice of pepperoni and let you munch on the crust about an hour later you're still not getting the pizza.  the same holds true here; a game that's not accessible is not accessible, no matter how much you pay to have someone play it.

2018-05-07 18:23:23 (edited by Ethin 2018-05-07 18:24:33)

Like I said, you want to play a video game? Figure out how to play it in your own way. That's the hole point of a game. The point of a game is not for someone else to play it for you. You can ask for help, sure, and people can walk you through completing certain parts of a game, but you need to learn how to play the game fully eventually. smile

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-05-07 18:28:00

No offense to anybody in particular, but if it isn't  useful for you why do you waste your time on this topic? I can see the useful parts, and if I didn't I would just skip the topic.

2018-05-07 19:26:45 (edited by Muhammad Hajjar 2018-05-07 19:33:29)

Yeah yeah I fully agree here. Of course letting someone play for you a game that isn't accessable has really no immersion compared to playing it yourself. On the contrary, the most frustrating thing for me as a blind person is that I see a lot of various wonderful games here and there played by sighted people while I can't play them. But what I mean in my previous post is at least a better bad thing, which is you make decisions while someone plays a game for you. Again as I mentioned above this isn't compared to being played by myself, and that what makes me think that better stick to audio games, hopefully I can find what satisfies my desires in this poor market, even if only a small amount.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2018-05-08 00:52:08

@Nocturnus #21: Perhaps you're using some wrong analogy? Hiring someone to play a certain game for you is more like hiring someone to describe a movie that has a great amount of graphic effects, or a movie that is otherwise not intelligible by just listening to. Or maybe it is more like hiring someone to participate in a driving race on behalf of you, which, unfortunately, you will not be able to accomplish it yourself because of your disability. I once or twice asked my brother to play the card game called Hearts that came with some older versions of Windows for me. I was the one who gives the ideas and it was just working. This does not, however, mean that I’m going to ask for his service. Just trying to emphasise that it could be useful for certain types of gamers.

Standing by the window, eyes upon the moon,
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.