2018-04-13 19:51:14

Hello...
I've had a few issues with Windows Ten which have been driving me nuts for a while, so I figured I'd come on here and ask for advice.
My first problem is, whenever my battery gets low, or at least Windows's definition of low which happens to be 10% because that's how I set it, it force shuts down as if it just reached -1 percent, without any low battery notifications prier to that. Does anyone know why it could be doing that and if so, is there a way to fix it?
The second problem is in the mail app. When I delete emails, they go to both the important folder and the trash folder. I guess it somehow thinks deleted emails are important, I'm not sure, but is there a way to stop that? It's really annoying because all I want to do is get to the mail which I actually flagged as important, but I have to get through garbage first.
Thank you in advance for the assistance.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-04-13 19:56:45

idk, about the battery there are several options and actions with it, only available in the advanced thing, think its called change advanced power plan settings. The mail thing have no clue, I don't use any of the universal apps, they all suck imo.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-04-13 20:30:13

that is strange. I'm going to assume you're using Gmail if you have a trash folder, but I don't know why deleted items would be going to an important folder.

2018-04-13 22:45:03

Yes, it's Windows Ten mail.

TWITCH

2018-04-13 22:56:14

If I were you i’d just use outlook for emails, or the email web client of your email provider. Really anything’s better than the default windows mail app.

2018-04-13 23:19:13

#Truth

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-04-14 08:45:07 (edited by afrim 2018-04-14 14:49:28)

Hello,
Just out of curiosity, is your machine an HP computer?
I have a similar problem with my laptop; the computer charges up to a certain percentage and then just stops charging, followed by intervals of charging and not charging messages, which lead the computer to take several hours to charge the battery even a single percent. If I unplug the AC adaptor, the computer will stay on for some 15 to 20 minutes and then shut down itself without any warning, even though the battery is already charged at more than 60%.
The scenario here, as far as I can presume is that there is a drop in the voltage level of the battery which brings its incapability to supply the battery with the necessary power.
I'm not sure whether you're facing this kind of issue; however, it might be worth checking the state of your battery with the built-in tools of Windows. Another thing you might check is the activity of the processor upon the event of shutting down. If there is any process which takes up a lot of power, it could lead the computer to unexpectedly shut down as a result of the rapid drainage of the battery.
As for Windows mail, I've never used it and will probably never do as all the universal apps just don't do the job for me. I use Thunderbird; I'm highly satisfied with it.

2018-04-14 08:45:40

I use the mail app with my Hotmail account and it works just fine. Also tested deleting things in my gmail account with it, and nothing got sent to the important folder.

2018-04-14 09:41:13

IF you use NVDA, you can press insert shift B to get a battery status. It will also automatically announce when you plug it in or not. My laptop will charge to 100%, then lets it drain a bit. It may discharge to 95% or something like that, and hold there, because the charger is basically giving it a very very slow trickle charge feed of power.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-04-14 11:02:49

I suspect the battery issue might be to do with your lapptop itself, but its worth checking advanced power options just to make sure, I've not had issues personally with battery on my windows 10 laptop.

As far as mail goes, to be honest I personally just never bothered  flags or trash or any of those folders besides inbox, sent items and deleted items so I don't particularly know about the problem, though its worth checking incoming mail options in settings. Windows 10 mail is okay but not as easy for manipulating email or storing contacts etc as I'd like.

I'm using outlook express at the moment though probably will try thunderbird at some stage.
My lady is using microsoft outlook and finds it a rank disaster! As always very difficult to get around, too much clutter, hard  manage messages or folders, so I'd advise steering clear of outlook personally.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-04-14 19:24:49

To be honest ,I don't really like any of the mail clients out there. Thundnerbird is the closest, but it has its issues that stops me from using it. I just use the web clients, which work fine for me.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-04-14 21:34:19

Hi shotgunshell.
I feel your pain. i'll try to help. would plese tell me, how old the laptop is, if not sure. guess. was it new or second hand when you bought it? when did these issues of battery began? I've got some experience in this field, but need more details, so I can help you better. these issues can be caused due to a huge number of things, and, the more info I can get, the less work on your part you'd have to do, to see ware the issue is.

There's a place for me in this universe.

2018-04-14 22:36:13

It sounds like a settings issue to me rather than a battery one. I've cooked laptop batteries before to the point where the laptop would not be able to run even for a second if unplugged, but that doesn't really happen anymore due to smart charging technology and protections that don't let them get overcharged, etc. I always leave the laptop plugged in if its at a stationary area and I don't need to move it around. Indeed, its easy to see that if you use windows B to jump to the tray, a battery icon is there. On my laptop, it will say something to the effect of 96% A/C power on. This leads me to believe that the laptop is charging it to full, and then letting it discharge just a bit, and then keeping the battery topped off with minimal power. Either that, or it doesn't get charged to full, but nearly full, and holds there. I know that Lithium ion packs do like to be kept charged as much as possible. I wouldn't deep cycle laptop batteries often, only when it is crucial that you be able to get work done or whatever on it, and you don't have access to power.

The fact that if you say it is shutting down at 9% (10-1), I might ask, how is it shuttting down. Does the computer go through its normal shutdown routine? Or does it just up and die. If the latter, that isn't good, because it means the battery is not able to accurately gauge itself anymore. Letting it charge to full and down to nothing and back up *may* help this, but then again may not. It really depends how old the laptop is to try to determine if its an actual battery problem, or just misconfigured software.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-04-17 01:01:15

I figured out the problem. It wasn't gaging itself accurately. I'd unplug it and it would say it's fully charged, but then it would say 68%. I did fix this issue though. I have a macbook air early 2015, and I just did a pram and dmc reset and it fixed the problem. Now that that problem is out of the way I need to figure out the problem with the mail app. I'm not a fan of the web client because for some reason, when I use the web, it slows down my computer to a certain extent. It's not just a problem with this computer, every computer I've ever owned slows down when I browse the web, even if just a little bit. Usually the worst slow downs happen on websites like Fox, social networks, or GMail. I wish I knew why computers did that, but until I find a solution I'll just stick with the mail app because it works well enough, even if I have to clear out my important folder every so often.

TWITCH

2018-04-17 08:22:58

It depends on the way the webpage was designed as well as the browser. For sites with many ads or insane layouts, I'd actually recommend Chrome.

2018-04-18 00:57:52

Oh, there's another problem I forgot to mention. When I hibernate my computer, it acts like it's hibernated, butt somehow the session gets lost so it's actually shutting down. Is there a fix for this?

TWITCH