2018-04-10 16:34:37

hello all
I finished aac for the first time recently and it was a really hard challenge but i liked it a lot.
now i'm having fun with the builder mode, but a day ago i decided, finally, to pick up the postgame mode. and all i could say was... I was totally beaten to a pulp the first time i entered the other program files. I don't know how much i really need to raise my character. now i have 20 attak and 25 defence, but i really feel like i should have more, but not sure how much. can anyone wich has beaten the game give me some advice?
thanks a lot in advance!

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2018-04-10 21:23:59

Hey razvitasca, That Level is evil.
I had about 40 to 50 in both attack and defence, as for Health, I recommend having as much as possible. That is, buy Health until you think you've bought more than enough, then buy a little more. The more Health, the better.
There are some really evil Arrows and delete rays that can really mess you up.
The enemies are really strong too, so defence is probably Your best Upgrade, after Health.
It'll take a wile to get used to the BSOD hacks, so I recommend a good number of lives too.

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
There's no boss at the end though, so you don't have to worry about that.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
e
n
d

Note: I'm not, in any way, saying that you should sitt for hours and hours and hours just grinding out bits, cause that's no fun.
It really Depends on the difficulty mod you have unlocked. I have about 340, so each virus gives me around 450 bits.

Oh, and here's a really quick and easy way to earn bits if you have a decent difficulty unlocked
Spoilers!
Do this in the program files Level.
1: activate difficulty mod, and set it to it's highest, or a difficulty you are comfortable With.
2: kill either the first virus, or all the ones before the teleporters.
3: Exit the stage, and do step two over again. You can use either Your knife or Your laser.
If you have a good difficulty mod, this can get you bits quite fast.

And, yup, you guessed it...
Spoilers again!
Try killing Rusty With a difficulty set to ten or higher, if you haven't already done that.
Spoiler end.

Really hope this helped.
Good Luck!

Best regards,
Tristan

2018-04-11 00:28:10

Hi tristan. Thanks for the really helpful advice. I didnt knew raising dificulty gets you more bits, this is really nice to know. My attak now is at 21, defence at 26. I still have 200 health, and i dont think ill buy more yet because as i heard, rusty gets the health you have too. Rusty is a hard challenge for me, for one symple reason. I am too cautious around him, i dont have enough patience to hit him long enough with the knife thinking i might get hit by a opstacle. And about my dificulty mod, i think maximum for now it is to 3.
By the way, i joined the adventure at c group. Im going to get some  more bits now. Thanks again for the advice.

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2018-04-11 02:03:35

Also, I never manage to kill that second virus in the program files x86 folder. It certainly might be doable, but you need lots of ubgrades for that and for now, what you should do is make it fall into the corrupted sector by jumping over it and eventually making it die. The first one is actually smart enough not to do that, but that one can be killed although it can take a while depending on your attack.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
You will hate the stage after program files x86, because it is random each time you enter it.

2018-04-11 07:27:42

Yeah, that one is really annoying.
Razvitasca, glad I could help! Good Luck With the program files X86!

2018-04-11 08:31:03

@Razvitasca, no, you can Upgrade Your Health without Rusty becoming any stronger.
If you Upgrade Your attack, however, his Health goes up. This is because when you beat the Inner fortress Level and get to Rusty for the first time, Your attack is probably not even Close to what it's going to be later. Say you have 35 attack the first time you get to Rusty. Now, you kill him, Complete the game, and eight months later, Your attack is  250. Now, imagine if his Health didn't go up as you Upgrade Your attack.
You could just kill his first form in 20 hits or something. You want to be able to get a little challange every time you try to kill him, right?
Now, imagine if you had 400 attack and 350 defence, so Your attack and defence couldn't go any higher.
Yeah, you could get insane difficulty Levels because it would take you maybe 30 Seconds to beat him, both forms.
That's why when Your attack goes up, his Health goes up.
Note: It doesn't get any harder to beat him. His Health just goes up to match Your attack, so that you can't max out Your stats and kill him in like two Seconds. Haha.

2018-04-11 16:39:20

Wow Tristan, I didn't know about that program files trick for grinding bits.
Even on diff mod 370 the viruses are no problem at all! They take something like three knife hits with attack of 375!
Later!

2018-04-11 17:13:47

I know! I have 375 attack and 375 defence, just like you!
Just qurious, what's Your max Health?

2018-04-11 20:50:27

It's 5750 at the moment, but that'll change soon... ha ha...
Later!

2018-04-11 22:28:41

Ok, wooooooooooooooow!
Wow...
I have, wait for it...
5730!
We almost have the same stats! Woh! Hahaha!
Who will get to 10000 first?

2018-04-11 22:36:15

Oh, BTW, Threeblacknoises, I sent you a PM.

2018-04-11 23:36:47

Tristan, I responded to your PM.
And...
5610 health. Diff modd 515, almost 4k bits per virus.. must rest... before.... hands. fall... off...
Later!

2018-04-12 08:21:17 (edited by cj89 2018-04-12 08:25:14)

Hmm, so I haven't played this game in ages but I remember getting to the windows folder. Is it possible to beat without grinding? I don't mind grinding, but the amount of bits you get seem to be extremely little and at least the first time around things like attack and stuff seem to be pretty costly. Like I said I've never beaten the game, so if there's a better way to grind for bits (half of which I feel like I'm spending on extra lives) do let me know. I wish we had more retro platformer type games which this isn't really, but I do like that it's somewhat of a challenging game so requires some practice. As a side note I'd love to be able to play this with a controller, but the current movement scheme doesn't really let you do that. I don't believe we're getting anymore updates to the game either, and honestly would probably take a lot of challenge away from the game because you could just hold down the stick to jump over the platform. Never tried it with the d-pad though, could be an interesting experiment.

2018-04-12 09:37:12

You can use JoyToKey to map the keyboard to a ps4 or xbox controller, and you'd still have to use the D Pad for movement; weather you set jtk to press the  d pad rapidly or not.
As for grinding, yes you do, but try this out.
Go to my videos and kill the first virus you see while also collecting the extra life that's just sitting their.
Now exit and repeat to get lives without having to buy them.
This isn't a bug. I asked Aaron Baker about it and he said he left that in as a nod to classic platformers where that kind of thing was possible.
Once you manage to defeat rusty you can return to program files with the highest diff mod you've unlocked active and kill the first 5 viruses before the teleporters start over and over.
This will get you bits quite fast.
Also, Rusty's health is dependant on your attack stat, so he'll always be a challenge; and the same challenge everytime; no matter how high your stats get.
Everytime you defeat Rusty you'll unlock 1 diff modd, plus however many diff mods you have active, so use the rusty shortcut in postgame to rack up diff mods then grind bits in program files like crazy!
And to think, I just discovered all this today...
Later

2018-04-12 12:24:59

I recommend 30 to 40 in both attack and defence, but it can be higher, or lower, depending on if you want an easy time, or a hard challange.
well, not an easy time, it's still going to be hard, and you're probably gonna loos at least ten lives, but the higher stats you have, the easier it is.
and here's some hints on grinding, because at this point you're probably like gurhrhrhrhrhrhr! More grinding? Aaaaah! and I understand that, because each enemy gives you about six bits every time, so it's gonna take a wile if you focus on just enemies.
achievements. There are some achievements that give you a hoal ton of bits!
Stop Reading now if you don't want spoilers!
You
are
warned!
1: Have you figured out both passwords for the password Puzzle?
2: Ever tryed killing a ton of animals? Try it out and see what happens!
3: How long have you played the game for? Under 24 hours? Maybe try playing it some more?
4: What is Your record for most kills in a Level? Maybe try to beat it?
5: what is Your total kills? Maybe try getting Your kills Count to a very high number? Like 10000, for example? wink
Those are all I can remember that give you a good amount of bits. At least for now.
Spoiler end.

Good Luck With the Windows folder! smile

2018-04-12 15:14:51 (edited by cj89 2018-04-12 15:15:24)

Wow thanks guys. Will give all this a try. I've gotten a couple of those achievements, but that's good to know. I literally think my stats were like 10 and 12 or something fairly low, and I've made it to the second area of the windows folder. Hmm, maybe a challenge for someone feeling particularly torturous?
Complete the whole game on a single set of lives/default stats? tongue

2018-04-14 18:40:44

I finally did it!
10,000 health!
That took way to long...
Later!

2018-04-14 21:21:17

Wow!
Good job! I'm still at about 6000. Haha!

2018-04-15 09:14:14

BTW, @post 12, Threeblacknoises
Huh? 4k bits per virus With 515 diff modd? That... doesn't... make sence to me? But ok... Haha
I have diff modd 370 and I only get about 500 bits per virus!
Mind telling me how you did it?
I'm just curious. When you get to diff modd 400 or 500, does the bits you get per virus multiply by 10 or something? I dunno how it Works.

2018-04-15 14:22:14

Wow guys, you are crazy. How can you beat Rusti so many times to unlock difficulty mods? I am curious how long does it take as that is generally a very long battle, especially the second form or is there some trick to beating it.

2018-04-15 18:53:10

@nidza07. No, there isn't a trick to beating Rusty, but I've 1: beaten him like 1000000 times, hahaha, and 2: I usually have my diff modd set to about 29 to 39 every time I beat him, so I unlocke between 30 and 40 diff modd.
If Your stats are high enough, you can get through the Rusty shortcut stage Without losing a ton of Health on higher diff modds.

2018-04-15 19:50:09

I do not mind going through Rusti shortcut that is fine, hell if I lose too much health I could just let Rusti kill me once, but the second form is what annoys me more and not because it is hard but it just takes very long and if you make just one mistake you will lose your life and his health will very nicely reset.

2018-04-15 20:45:54

Hmm. I usually beat him when I'm on position 600 to 800, maybe 1000 if I haven't played in a very long time.
I have 6100 Health. The delete rays he thros at you only do 100 damage per hit, and the spikes don't do a hole lot either.
As soon as you hear the sound meaning he is lower Down, get to him as fast as possible, and jump and jump and jump while destroying Your Spacebar! Haha! It's kind of long, but that's just the way it is. It's the final boss, it's ment to be very challenging. I personally wish the obstacles he thros at you would do a bit more damage, and he could maybe throw them a little farther away, and the Battle would be Shorter, but this game isn't getting updates anymore.

2018-04-15 21:03:04

Yeah I agree final boss needs to be challenging, but this isn't challenging, it is essentially repeating the same pattern until he dies.

2018-04-18 09:24:29 (edited by cj89 2018-04-18 09:25:51)

lol not sure how far from rusty I am at this point. I went in with 200 lives, 44 def and default attack and on 4th stage. I'm down to 90 something because I keep getting killed by those stupid ticking things (spikes or whatever they're supposed to be?) Maybe I actually need more health or something, but the randomness of them is probably the thing that annoys me the most. Sometimes 1 hit kill, sometimes not. That and I just suck at games that put you under pressure. I get it's the final stage and needs to be challenging, but yeah damn. lol