2018-04-11 15:53:21

Hi all,
I was very excited to hear about the new version of crazy party being released, but I am running into problems when trying to download the file. The first time I tried donlowading the file, my computer blocked it because it identified it as a virus. At first, I thought it might be because of the campus WiFi, so I tried using my phone as a personal hotspot.This time, I was able to download the file, but I was unable to unzip the file. It made a sound when I selected the folder to install the game in and it acted like it was going to copy the files over, but then it made a sound and I discovered that only the changelog was copied over.
Any ideas as to what I can try? Thanks for any and all help.

2018-04-11 19:48:32 (edited by tate886 2018-04-11 19:49:47)

I have been able to download the file, but when I went to extract the zip file, Windows Defender put up threat alerts.

Is there a safe version of this file to download, and where can it be found?

2018-04-12 04:28:37

The game is perfectly safe to download and run, its just that microsoft have identified it as a false positive which is silly.

At the moment the best you can do is make a folder as an exception from windows defender scanning, download the zip file and then extract it in that exception folder.
One thing I will say for windows defender etc is at least once you've specified a folder as an exception they respect it.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-04-12 13:21:01

Hi,
Isn't there some sort of contact or submition site for false positives for Windows Defender? A lot of antivirus devs will act on it when you explain it's a niche program for the blind community.

2018-04-12 15:04:51

I'm afraid I don't know Aaron, though it might  worth checking that, both for crazy party in particular, and for bgt applications in general like darkened chain and other games people make.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-04-13 04:38:50

Hello everyone!
Well, I finally got the game downloaded. Thank you for the suggestion to create an exclusion through Windows Defender. But now, I am faced with another problem. The data for the game is not being saved. Every time I restart my computer, the game starts with the language selection list and typing in a username. Has anyone else been having this problem? Thanks in advance for any and all help.