2018-02-24 02:03:03

Hi all,

I'm currently working with Java 8 and NVDA on Windows 10 using powerShell.  When it comes to working with the JOptionPane package, NVDA will not read any dialog box, whether it is an input or a message dialog box.

NVDA simply does not read output from programs using these methods.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Luke

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?

2018-02-24 04:31:24

You need to install the Java Access Bridge. Make sure you've installed both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of have as well as the 32-and 64-bit versions of the JAB.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-03-24 15:40:14

If you're running Windows 10, you can enable the Java Access Bridge as Ethin mentioned easily. Go into Control Panel -> Ease of Access Center -> Use the computer without a display. Then check the box that says Enable Java Access Bridge. You might need to restart your screen reader after you do this. Java applications should read properly now.

2018-03-25 16:39:46

Not even that. Java's default UI library is just so not accessible. A much better alternative, written in java, is the SWT framework (which the IDE eclipse is build on). You can read more about that here, if you want: https://www.eclipse.org/swt/
- NicklasMCHD

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter