2017-05-18 19:05:48

Hello.
If you will give me a direct link from its English version.
thanks.

2017-05-23 01:11:48

Well, in SeaMonkey it gives me the 500 error instead of the 503 one. Well, it get's worse

73 Wj3u

2018-02-27 03:10:00

Hello. Curious if people still use this social network. There indeed are several nice improvements.
First, if Bogdan still monitors this topic he should update the OP. Ontoys is no longer, as it moved to a new site https://tiflo.space
It is now a complete social network, with your profile where you can do various things such as post your articles and status changes which anybody can read, add your friends, post your audio and many more things. What used to be advanced functionality is now completely free in 2018 and should stay so, i.e you can chat for free, add friends and anything else that needed purchasing before. Stars can still be purchased though, and they can be used for some additional features:
Changing your nickname costs one star,
you can buy the invinsibility cap which allows you to visit public places without anybody's notice, the cost depends on the amount of time you buy it for.
You can buy toyses for stars, the virtual currency used in the game which is similar to Poker chips (let me know if that one is not clear and I can try to explain it better).
I think that is all about stars if I did not forget anything, but it can be checked on the website.
Now, the thing you are probably most curious about, English translation. I will tell you right away that the translation is still not perfect, and if you are not the type of person who likes exploring, you might want to wait a bit more though you will miss a great social and gaming network. There is work on making a complete English translation. Right now, priority is to fix backgammon which is very broken in English, and Hearts which does not work at all due to a missing string which should be fixed very soon. After that, I will focus on improving all games and translating the rules as necessary. I would just like to let you know that I am not a native English speaker, and if anybody is serious enough to work on this translation they should write on here and we can hopefully get something going very soon. It would be even better if you know somebody who is a native Russian speaker, and I will explain why that would help us a lot. There is currently a game called online quiz. The way this quiz works in short is that it has a dedicated time at which it starts, and any player can participate. Questions are prepared in advance, and on the Russian side it happens on each saturday at around 6 PM Moscow time and it usually consists of 30 questions. The most successful players win stars. For translating these to English, we need to communicate with developers in Russian because they cannot speak English.
At the end I wish everybody the best of luck with this platform, and remember that the more users register and play the sooner we will get the translations going. Do not also forget that you can feel free to invite your sighted friends too as there actually are real graphics in this client. I just want to clarify that I am not the developer or part of the development team, but an user who is helping out with English as well as the Serbian translations.
Sorry for this long post, but I do feel that English community can enjoy this platform and it deserves a good translation.

2018-02-27 03:43:15

Agree, I also i'm the translator for Spanish language, in case you didn't know. I also want to correct some mistaces in the english one. Forgot I say mistaces, it's mistakes.

73 Wj3u

2018-02-27 12:17:06

Also forgot to mention, if you find anything weird in any game for example bad spelling, bad grammar or just something that does not make sense and should sound better, you can report it here.

2018-03-02 12:56:12

Backgammon, hearts and miles have largely been improved in the latest updates. There probably are still errors but it should now be more than playable and everybody is free to point those errors out.

2018-03-04 13:18:17

I played games on here a lot in 2017......the most was table tennis, that raindrops rainbow game, and that card battle game forgot the name of it.....think i'll revisit this platform

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2018-03-04 14:46:51

guys, could you explain how does auction works on age of heros?

2018-03-04 16:06:54

Yes. At the end of each day and days is the name for turns in age of heroes, you have an auction time. The more players there are in the game the more the auction is interesting. During the auction time, you can press enter on a card and offer an exchange. For example, the way this is most commonly used is to exchange special resources. If you are Greek, you might press enter on granit to offer it to Chinese tribe which needs it in exchange for marble. If the Chinese tribe accepts that and has marble, they would go the other way round IE. press enter on marble and exchange it into granit. You can also press tab during the auction to focus the list of offers or to stop the exchange if you do not want to participate in the auction when you think you can't exchange anything useful. Auction is in fact rarely used in 2 players games, so players usually just press the stop button in such cases. Also during the exchange you can press enter on a card and there is an option to exchange that card to any card, which can be useful when you want to get rid of a special resource of another tribe but get something useful in return. The game also wont allow you to take resources of another tribe, so for example you wont be able to take granit if you are not Chinese, sandstone if you are not Celt and so on.
Hope that clarifies it and let me know if you have any questions.

2018-03-04 16:10:55

wow that's very detailed, thank you very very mutch!

2018-03-05 13:56:42

I'm trying to translate the application to Spanish language. But I think that the games are untranslatable

73 Wj3u

2018-03-05 19:13:14

No. If you have an email or some other contact method you feel confortable giving out let me know and I can instruct you on translating. I do however not recommend you translate yet unless you know the games really well, as English currently has mistakes and you will just copy them over to your Spanish translation.

2018-03-06 01:56:14

I need to redownload the client......I don't see on the homepage where it says 32bit/64bit, can someone please help

2018-03-06 11:51:08

On the homepage, pressing ctrl and end will lead you to the link for English version. The direct link for the English client download page is here. http://tiflo.space/en/ontoys/

2018-03-07 11:58:09

And the rules for mile by mile are officially published in English here: https://tiflo.space/en/games/board/mile-by-mile/

2018-03-07 17:03:21

nidza thankyou for the client download link

2018-03-20 03:41:34

Reviving also this to only say about the new game translations.

73 Wj3u

2018-03-20 14:48:50

ok what new games have been translated

2018-03-20 18:53:02

Actually, not new translations but we now have rules for mile by mile as well as foodball in English. There were also some mile updates, but I am expecting a final update soon that should make it sound perfect, and the same goes for age of heroes. Yahtzee was also updated with a better translation which should now be correct, however I would like to mention that Russian yahtzee is probably different from what you have played so do check rules which are not perfect but were clear for me, and as always submit any questions here and I will try to help.

2018-03-20 21:27:26

I've just tried to set up an account and I'm having trouble with the screen capture. the audio challenge seems to be in Russian.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-03-20 22:06:53

Captcha is just Google's recaptcha, you should just be able to check the recaptcha checkbox and it should automatically verify you.

2018-03-20 22:28:21

nope, I can't check the box without putting in the correct answer to the capture. just tried.

2018-03-20 22:48:00

Yes, like with all websites which use Google's recaptcha, sometimes Google thinks you are suspicious and insists on verifying you. I did not have that issue so did not see that the audio is in Russian, but I will see with the developer if he can make an English version of it or find another solution.

2018-03-20 23:15:43 (edited by defender 2018-03-20 23:20:55)

What's with Brits and not understanding that it's (captcha) with an A at the end, not (capture) LOL.
First Dark, now Badger?
Maybe it's the way HAL says it... I know supernova is more popular over their.
O.o
Capture does make allot more sense though, CAPTCHA is actually a horrifyingly bad acronym.
"Completely Automated Public Turing Test To Tell Computers and Humans Apart"
See what I mean? Shriek!

2018-03-20 23:52:20

lol apologies, actually I use jaws I just assumed it was capture. that's what it sounds like and in context it made sence. I shall remember that. *spanks self viggerously!*