2018-03-07 20:17:04 (edited by hannes 2018-03-08 19:08:50)

This is a nice little time waster made by me and Ashley Grobler. In this game you have to kill as many enemies as possible, you can also create your own taunts if the original ones get to boring.
Here is the link.
http://www.grproductions.freevar.com/tt … battle.zip
pleas do not hesitate if you have any suggestions to contact me enjoy.

regards
Hannes Fouche
Access gaming my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC8CshzvGHEy2eR5L86nMM5A

2018-03-07 22:07:24

hi. I need a little help. so I have my downloads added as an exception, on my win10. I even removed it, just to make sure, and added it again. as soon as I extract this thing, windows defender instantly removes it. am on win10 over here. how do I get this thing to work, please? nothing else gets deleted, by the way, and nothing ever was, from an excluded location.

2018-03-08 05:00:39

@braille0109, what I have done is create a folder on my hd called audiogames, and another called testing area and add them both as exceptions.

i prefer to keep the downloads folder free since then I'm more likely to be notified if I download anything dodgy.
Once I stuck tts blade battle in my testing area folder there were no problems at all.

As to the game itself, great job on getting a finished project out the door and setup, I really like the sounds and the taunt creator is fairly amusing.
The only problem I have with the game so far, is it is a little easy and lacking in variety.

I run in, wail away with my sword, perhaps taking one or two hits in the process. After that the enemies are so slow I can effectively just keep out of their way until my health regenerates (especially once I have the teleport), heck most enemies don't do more than one or two hits thanks to my fast finger on the spacebar.

I realize this is a first project which is fair enough, but you probably should consider what you could do to vary the gameplay somewhat. There are more than enough examples of very well put together audio side scrollers these days to give a good idea what works and what does not and how to create variety in enemies, attackss obstacles etc in order to create a game that is addictive to play.

I'll look forward to seeing where this goes in the future, and congratulations again on getting a working game completed and out the door.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-03-08 05:54:10

is there something special? like combo and stuff? , or just a  space masher?

2018-03-08 10:50:27

Thanks for the great new work, hannes. It's always fun trying out a new game.
This game has a lot of potential to be developed. The addition of new weapons, the addition of new enemies with different difficulty levels, and various other items that can make this game not boring to play.
Well it's all for the future. For now, I really appreciate the concept of this great work.
I will always wait for its development if it will indeed be developed.

Enjoy all that the Lord has given in your life, and share with as many people as possible.

2018-03-08 10:57:22

O one more, please fix the download link with the download link provided by ashleygrobler04. The wrong link will make people disappointed when trying to download the first time.

Enjoy all that the Lord has given in your life, and share with as many people as possible.

2018-03-08 20:41:56

Hi all thanks for your support and suggestions we will try to implement as many as possible i have already started to work on ways to make this game more challenging as well as thinking of an assortment of bladed weaponry, but i will let you know more about that once i have gathered the required sounds.
I also would like to add more tts engines voices to the game but there are not a lot of tts engines that are free that i know of so we are working on including more sapi voices in the game for the moment. I am also working on combo controls that will be universal with all weapons with varying damage if possible thanks for your question Jason Blaze it got me thinking and last but not least i fixed the link in the first post.
regards
Hannes Fouche.

regards
Hannes Fouche
Access gaming my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC8CshzvGHEy2eR5L86nMM5A