2018-03-04 21:11:19

Hi everyone.

As the subject line states I am having trouble converting kindle books to epub. I used Codex document converter, but for some reason it is very selective of witch kindle books it wants to convert.

I don't know if this is some new securety feature by Amazon or if it has something to do with the latest virsion of the kindle app, or it could also have something to do with the latest update of Codex. But that's beside the point. The point is I need to find a new and surefire way to convert those Kindle books to epub. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ask, and you will receive.
Seek, and you will find.
Knock, And the door will be opened for you
Mat. 7:7

2018-03-04 22:43:20

Go get Epubar Ultimate and use that. Do note that this won't work on Textbooks.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-03-05 18:40:32

I have downloaded Epubar, but I can't quite figure out exactly how to use it. I manage to add my book witch I want to convert, but before I can hit the convert button I somehow land in a table with three cells witch only displays the name of the book and nothing else. Pleas help.

Seek, and you will find.

2018-03-08 01:33:43

You can fix this... sort of. Add your book, then don't tab; use shift+tab instead and find the convert button.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-03-10 16:56:41

i don't know if this will work, but if you are stuck in some sort of place, and you want to get press nvda+tab or control+tab. hope it helps

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-03-10 17:03:05

So it turns out that the problem was with the Kindle for PC app. It seams that the latest version of the app makes it a lot more difficult to convert the Kindle books, but since I have downgraded to version 1.17 of the app it's been smooth sailing.

I would also like to take the time to thank everyone for your responses. I do appreciate it.

Seek, and you will find.