2017-05-22 06:45:20

ok, thanks tongue. lets try something using a splash window :V

2017-06-20 01:37:23

@Frastlin, do you know how to build the aplication to test it outside unity?

When i press ctrl+b (or go to file/build) appear some inaccessible window. You know, or some tip what i have to do to compyle the test?

Yea, I can try it using eyes of somebody, but that isn't the idea. I wanna to compile myself to build releases to beta testers or something different.

by the way, currently I don't have some playable, only a few experiments with the sound and controls tongue

2017-06-20 03:22:10

I am not sure.
My brother is not here, so I can't ask him until the beginning of July and I have never gone to that point. Google may help before then though.
Perhaps open an issue on the Github and mikrima will answer.
That is awesome though that you have been able to create something! I would love to see it!
Thanks,

2017-06-21 00:17:25

OK! Go to github :3
Well, currently really I don't have anything interesting. Is only a step sound that you cand move with the arrows, and the sound of a car motor, that can throttle and brake, but nothing anymore for now.

The idea is see if I can build that test.
Thanks for all!

2018-03-03 22:00:29

Hmm. This is a great start, but unity is supposed to make things easier for developers. It sounds to me like I'd get more out of Python and/or Javascript, what with us having to do things the hard way as of now.

2018-03-04 05:24:22 (edited by nyanchan 2018-03-04 05:25:54)

When it comes to actually developing games with unity, simply making the scripting part accessible is not enough as I tried developing one with a friend of mine. For example, if you want to make a bullet and have multiple of them scattered around, you have to make the bullet a prefab. This can't be done without dragging and dropping. Although it is theoretically possible to make multiple bullets by creating a game object and attaching your bullet script every time one is launched, that eventually ruins one of the strongest points that the game engine offers and perhaps it starts completely pointless to use Unity. Cross platform? Python or Electron already exist, speaking of Audiogame development. I admit that it'd be super great if we could use Unity though.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2018-03-04 09:21:47

nyanchan has a very valid point. The scripting isn't the problem, per see. In fact, it's kinda pointless -- making that accessible -- because we have visual studio for that. Thing is, unlike coding a game the hard way manually and all that like you'd do in Python or BGT, you *can't* make a game with scripts alone in Unity. That's why they're called 'scripts', not 'games'. So, really, Frastlin's suggestion wouldn't help much. The problem here is that I doubt there'll ever be a day when Unity ever becomes accessible. You could try with other game engines (Visual Studio's Gaming with C++ workload comes to mind because you can develop DirectX 12 games with it, which you can then port to Xbox if you want to with very little difficulty) but unless we all stop using antiquated tools like BGT to make games, and instead rely on tools which are still actively maintained and widely used by the sited community, the chance of an audio game ever being up to the standard of a sited gamer is literally nil. Plus, if you want your sited friends to play your games your going to have to deal with graphics anyway smile.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-03-06 06:07:35

hi. well who to contact at unity? do they have a accessibility dept. we are just a small community. so, could make it more acessible, like the tree view does not read at all in jaws / nvda, and got the unity 2017.3 personal engine. doing a certificate iv gaming and digital media and nvda only reads the start screen. wish there was a keyboard hot key to turn this off, once you get to new, or projects, or open, the menus do work, and visual studio works okay with unity, and also not sure about the scripting engine, if accessible, get to it, and the scenes. so who do i contact at unity that will listen to us and yes could be made accessible for screen reader users. their a ui plugin for $80, and not even sure that will make unity game engine accessible with screen readers. so who to contact. did contact the developers a few months back, said they were in the process of making it more accessible, but was not a high prioeirty. looks like the only way to get this made accessible and also the unreal game engine accessible, have not looked at that yet, then well littergation, like the muscle of the nfb or acb to get change and to get unity and unreal or epic games to make their game engines accessible. also is the toonboom animation software accessible with jaws, or other screen readers. thanks.

2018-03-06 06:11:34

@StarTrekCafe, contacting Unity about accessibility isn't going to do shit. It's not worth your time. They won't listen to you.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-03-06 06:58:48

Might they do something if they were offered a big bag of money? I don't know where we would find a big enough bag of money to motivate a company for whom the status quo seems to be acceptable, but when in Capitapolis...

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-03-06 17:24:54

@60, maybe. Do you have a few billion dollars just laying round for anyone to pick up and spend? I'm sure Unity would do something if we did that. smile

My Github

2018-03-07 19:46:09

Hello,

What about Monogame?

It is maintained and supports a lot of platforms (including android, ps4 and IOS), plus it has a content importer for the project. The only bad thing is that you'll code the entire game.

Cheers,

2018-03-07 21:41:31

I like MonoGame. Could never figure out how to do things like menus and things without it doing what I code it to do a billion times.

My Github

2018-03-10 03:36:38

@francipvb monogame is a very well framework that works fine. If you love c# and code isn't your problem, you can use it without problem, and have interesting results.
A little problem with monogame, is its component tool (to manage resources) in old versions was 100% accessible, but in the current releases it has some small issues, but any significant.

@Ethin hmm what did you mean with that? that make menus or windows with monogame is hard and you've to code the same thing various times, or is  easy make abstract and reusable code with monogame.

So, with monogame isn't hard make a abstract and dinamic class, that build a menu with some default widgets, only reading a text config file tongue

2018-03-10 11:22:48

I believe you can create prefabs in unity with this script:
https://answers.unity.com/questions/863 … -to-a.html

The problem with monogame is they don't have HTML5 support yet.

2018-03-11 07:04:52

em... @frastlin why do you want html5 support  do you want compile to HTML5? na.

For web games, preferrable use a javascript game engine.