2018-03-02 01:27:29

so i'm looking towards learning code, and i was recommended i learn python. It would be a lot easier if i could have a human teach me but i'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen. but if any of you do then i will talk about it later.
So if you have a language you think i should start with then post it. Also if you could give me a good python guide or a good guide of the language you recommend, that would be helpfull.
for those people that might wanta teach me personally you should know the following.
I am a 12 year old american male that speaks fluent english and would apriciate if you would be american, english/british or if you are at least easy to understand wen speaking english.
Have a good day and please help if you can

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-03-02 05:24:47

Not sure if this is part of your signature, but if your wanting to code a website you'll need to learn a lot more than just a programming language. But that's OT. smile I'd highly recommend the Python tutorial.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-03-03 00:06:27

lol the websight is part of my signature but can you link me the python  tutorial?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-03-03 00:10:17

@3, roflrofl. Sorry. You can find the latest Python tutorial at https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-03-03 01:48:48

sorry, but I'd have to hole-heartedly disagree with post2. The python tutorial linked to expects knowledge and experience with programming languages and concepts to start. With this might give one the wrong impression and send them running for the hills. Check out think python, make sure it's the version for python 3. I, along with many others on this forum, are more than happy to help

2018-03-03 02:10:56

@5, point taken. If Think Python or the Python tutorial is not for you, I'd recommend the following books (read them in order):

• Learning Python, Fifth Edition, by Mark Lutz. Copyright 2013 Mark Lutz, 978-1-4493-5573-9.

• Programming Python, Fourth Edition, by Mark Lutz (O’Reilly). Copyright 2011 Mark Lutz, 978-0-596-15810-1.

• Expert Python Programming, Second Edition, by Michał Jaworski and Tarek Ziadé (Packt Publishing). Copyright 2016 Michał Jaworski and Tarek Ziadé, 978-1-78588-685-0.

• 20 Python Libraries You Aren’t Using (But Should), by Caleb Hattingh (O'Reilly). Copyright 2016 Caleb Hattingh, 978-1-786-46925-0.

• Python Pocket Reference, Fifth Edition, by Mark Lutz (O’Reilly). Copyright 2014 Mark Lutz, 978-1-449-35701-6.

I hope these books help you on your way to mastering Python! They may be out of date but they're still excellent resources! smile

My Github