2018-02-19 19:55:59

Well by now everyone knows the score, or at least they should, which then makes you actually wonder why we bother keeping score in the first place if everyone knows it, then again  purpose of the internet generally is to tell everyone stuff they already know, so I suppose telling everyone the score when they know it makes perfect sense, just like that memo I got recently from the department of redundancy department, or the time when a certain IT service emailed me my Imail account password to access my email (nope, that one actually did happen).

Either way the score in question is database 642, amount of games to be added to the database, ----- waaaaaay too many to count! which is a good state for earhole insertable games generally, as well as for keeping myself and the other agnet staff off the streets and out of mischief, ---- well off the streets anyway.

Here are the latest results:

Updates by Dark:
Fixed Error on Out of site games.
Friends of the prince: entry and description.
Miner entry clean up and corrections for A hero's call.
Corrected Gotcha description to show it was |Jason Sw who made the windows port rather than Harrielst.

Camcad clicker: entry and description.
fixed link to Flexible survival wiki.

The road of life: Entry and description.
Blackbox: entry, description and links.
Peaches and cream: entry and description.
Rs games client: updated list of games on the entry with details of threes ninety nine, one four twenty four, slot machine, roulette and Go fish, the list is now UpToDate, for now.

Forum wars: Entry and description.
Updated download links for both Inheritance and Allure of Wanton cove.
Fist of fury: miner entry cleanup.
Idlefisher: Entry and description.
Build a spaceship: entry and description.
Huboodle: Entry and description.

Updates by Aaron:
Dreamy train: Entry and description.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-02-19 20:42:18

Are you ever going to add Code 7 to the database? It's been out longer than A Hero's Call and really should have an entry.

2018-02-20 01:14:32

Code 7 will be added Orko as soon as I (or one of the other staff), sat down and played it.
Actually A hero's call just got the entry as quickly as it did because I think there would be merry hell if I hadn't added it, but in fairness I'm not happy with  it, and it will need some  expanding to be an accurate reflection of gameplay.

Code 7 will also take a larger entry, and that also means more time of myself or other staff playing it, but it is on my hd and will be getting done some time in the near future.
As usual, and as indeed I said in the news item, so many games to add!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-02-20 01:42:52

I suggest changing the link to my Clok bundle too. The one on the database is outdated now.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-02-20 02:18:27

What is the new link? Updating links is comparatively easy if we know where to find them.

2018-02-20 13:57:52

@Dark

Good enough then, that's kind of what I thought was happening, just wanted to be sure it was scheduled to eventually get an entry.

2018-02-21 01:49:38

Unfortunately it's  not a process as formal as "scheduled" Usually I poke around and see what I can play, what I can add, and what realy! needs adding according to community attention. developer input etc. Obviously this means games I sit down and play seriously out of interest myself get entries a little sooner, but I do try to be as    fair as I can.
the ultimate purpose of the db is to be a comprehensive database of any and all accessible  computer games out there (accessible! note, not merely playable), so generally I try to add as many as I can in as wide a selection of genres, styles and input methods as I can.
this of course also gives me a great excuse to try out new games and write about them, which is  for the most part I greatly enjoy doing anyway big_smile.

occasionally I'll ask others to help with specific entries if I think something is important or if I think it's beyond my sphere of knowledge to write about, and of course  other staff members will chip in with games they've played or are familiar with too, as well as making the odd change to a  db entry.

Code 7 as it happens was on my personal list of games to try, since I do remember trying the demo way back when and enjoying the game,  it is just with the game and it's distribution  method being complex it'll take me a little more time to deal with, ditto with expanding the detail on the hero's call entry.

Still,  as far as we have a schedule, I can say I have the  demo on my pc at the moment and will be playing and writing about it hopefully this week, perhaps even buying a season pass myself, though whether that happens depends upon how well I get through chapter zero big_smile.

2018-02-21 02:13:49

@Dark

Its all good. I have the same problem you have, so many games, so little time. I have started Code 7 episode 1 but haven't finished it, I have installed A Hero's Call but haven't started it yet, and I have a bunch of other games installed I want to get to but haven't had the time.

Grumble grumble grumble...

2018-02-22 05:29:32

I've already  updated it in my topic.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-02-22 16:42:38

Okay Mata the links on the Clok page should be correct now, and I've added a link to the topic in the forum to discuss the pack, a   to begin the next update log big_smile.