2018-02-12 15:59:14

Let's talk.

Thumbs up

2018-02-12 19:12:43

Apologies to everyone for being a little late in responding, I was away over the weekend and not able to check the forums.

@pyrite,  Frequency  of posting is entirely up to you, nice to have a new member whether you post once or a hundred times, hope you have fun.

@Accman, welcome, hopefully we can provide  help with  whichever   game your stuck on,  as for new releases, this is  certainly the place  to find  out about such.

@Shane, welcome to the forum. I will say this place isn’t about blindness specifically, though obviously it’s a matter that gets discussed (especially in our offtopic room), but we’re mainly focused on games, still hope you have a good time here.

@Falling squirrel, we’re always up for more accessible rpgs, as it’s a genre with sadly not many  accessible examples at the moment (I’m a big rpg fan myself). So, we look forward to hearing about your game, and indeed playing it when it’s   released.

@LindaELITO,  If you want to join the forum, please give us a little more notification that your not a spambot and are interested in the subject of this forum, i.e.  audiogames, since with such a short message it’s difficult to know you actually are a human.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-02-12 20:02:27

sorry about that, Dark, I just received your emails and such notifying us you were away and things for the rest of the week; will watch this topic from here on out.  Glad to know we lower level mods can change things up a bit, now.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up

2018-02-13 08:50:20

Hi all,

I'm the author of Eamon Remastered, a browser based interactive fiction/RPG being discussed over in the New Releases room. I'm here to answer questions about it. If someone could unlock my account, that would be helpful.

- Keith

Thumbs up +1

2018-02-13 13:39:12

To clear up a little confusion,
At present, as far as I can tell, no other mod has the power to grant member status to anyone.  I'm going to write into the mods list which is where this confusion actually originated.  I just tried but received a message stating I didn't have rights to the page.  Hopefully Dark will be able to get some break time in between his present duties and obligations to come and figure this out, but otherwise, know that you'll be dealt with as soon as possible.  Sorry for any inconvenience.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up

2018-02-13 14:14:16

@kdechant Hi and welcome.

As you might gather from the Eamon wiki and some of the Eamon deluxe news letters from 2012, I was actually involved in a lot of the Eamon deluxe play testing myself and am a huge fan of the system.
It'd be really great to have a version of Eamon accessible to all online that doesn't require dos emulation etc, especially if it can encoorporate a lot of Frank Black's Edx fixes, e.g the extended Edx text main hall rather than the graphical one.
Either way welcome to the forumm, I look forward to discussing Eamon with you.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-02-14 17:41:20

hi, , hope everyones doing all ok. signed up to the audio games forum ages ago, but haven't used it in a few years so looks like because of that my status is showing as restricted . hope someone can help remove the restricted status so i can reply to some of the topics. thanks for all the help.

Paul

Thumbs up

2018-02-14 17:44:59

Hi Paul and welcome.

no problem, glad you could  make it back onto the forum. Your account is now unrestricted so hope you have fun.

2018-02-14 18:00:03

Thanks Dark,, caught a post in audio game development that caught my intrest , so just going off to post there now. thanks again for removing the restricted status.

Paul

Thumbs up

2018-02-15 00:22:43

Hi, my name is Francisco. I'm a sound designer and composer, interested in the use of audiogames in the field of education. A pleasure to join this community!

Thumbs up +1

2018-02-15 12:40:23

@fjcuadrado, welcome to the forum. We look forward to trying any of your work you'd like to share, and also any thoughts you have about existing audiogames.

2018-02-16 12:49:44

Hello! My name is Gabriel, and I'm a passionate developer of text-based games.
I'm a big fan of games such as Warsim, which was the game that led me to this forum , and SanctuaryRPG.

Thumbs up +1

2018-02-16 12:54:10

Great to see lots of new people here. Glad to meet you guys.

2018-02-16 17:20:05

Socheat wrote:

Great to see lots of new people here. Glad to meet you guys.

Glad to meet you too!

Thumbs up

2018-02-16 19:02:49

I'm quite a fan of text based games myself, hope you have fun on the forum.

2018-02-16 19:02:49

Hi gjp1311
I'm quite a fan of text based games myself and very much enjoy Warsim, hope you have fun on the forum.

Bare in mind since the focus here is games accessible to visually impaired and blind people you won't find discussion of too many types of games here other than in terms of their accessibility.

Santuary rpg for example sounds great, but sadly ascii art and screen reading programs don't mix very well.

2018-02-16 19:49:53

Dark wrote:

Hi gjp1311
I'm quite a fan of text based games myself and very much enjoy Warsim, hope you have fun on the forum.

Bare in mind since the focus here is games accessible to visually impaired and blind people you won't find discussion of too many types of games here other than in terms of their accessibility.

Santuary rpg for example sounds great, but sadly ascii art and screen reading programs don't mix very well.

Yeah, I saw on another thread people talking about how it was hard to read ASCII games because of the top down 2d map ! One of the reasons I joined here, is because I'm not sure how to present the right way a game for the visually impaired. I'm testing it using the Microsoft Narrator for now, and I'm having difficulties because some of the commands were actually punctuation, and the narrator simply does not read those out loud! I have much to learn yet!
Thank you for the welcome!

PS: Sorry for my english, it isn't my first language.

Thumbs up

2018-02-17 23:02:46

Hello,

I am new to audio games but not a newbie gamer. My girlfriend and I are really enjoying A Hero's Call and look forward to playing more games like this. We would love access to the forums to be able to ask questions and share our thoughts and experiences.

Chad & Jeanette

Thumbs up

2018-02-17 23:33:37

Hi there, my name is Aaron and I am the creator of iOS game Land of Livia - http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=24236

There has been great support from this community so far and I would like to engage in the conversation so that I can make the game even better.

Cheers

Aaron

2018-02-18 17:55:07

Hello everyone,

I am Nocturnalrider.
My real name is Edis, I am from Denmark and I have been blind since the age of 2.
I am 26, and I have a huge love for audiogames.
Right now, I am playing a hero's call which is undoubtedly one of the best games out there right now, and certainly the best RPG.

I look forward to many nice discussions and conversations with you guys.

Cheers and take care of each other.

Sincerely,

Edis

Thumbs up

2018-02-19 14:43:03

Hi everyone, My name is Vaibhav and I am from Delhi India. I am blind since my birth. I am currently a student and I like to play audiogames very much. I have read many articles and posts in this forum and I like to read them. Have a nice day!

2018-02-19 15:05:41

Hi everyone, I am Vaibhav and I am from India. I am blind since my birth. I had registered my account since last 1 month or so and I just now came to know about that I have to right an introductary message for replying to any post. I am a big fan of audiogames and I love them very much. Have a nice day!

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

Thumbs up +1

2018-02-19 20:42:21

Youch!

Really sorry about missing people off here however hopefully I can catch up:

@insomnoir, welcome to the forum, A hero's gcall is a great game, hope you enjoy yourself around here (your girlfriend is also welcome to join too if she wishes).

@avernon, damnation! really sorry I didn't notice your message earlier (I don't know if my mail notifications went wonky there).  either way your account is unrestricted and we look forward to chatting about Land of Livia, which I'm currently playing on my phone right now, waiting for my character to get from one place to another big_smile.

2018-02-19 20:44:30

@nocturnalrider, Hello and welcome to the forum. Hopefully  have fun around here, btw, yee gods how many people are joining just because of A hero's call?).

@vaibhavbhandari2017, welcome to you too. Your certainly not our first member from India or our first student on the forumn either, hopefully you'll find this a good place to be.

2018-02-20 09:10:04

@Dark, Thanks I surely will! smile

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

Thumbs up