2018-02-14 08:54:03 (edited by SLJ 2018-02-15 09:36:47)

Hi all.

I don't have much experience with this game yet, but it looks really great and addicting.

Land of Livia is a mixed RPG and exploration game. You travel from city to city, listening for rumors, looking for quest items, solving quests and do battles.
The game is a very relaxed themed game, where you have to wait in realtime when traveling, doing quests and other activities in the game.
I have only looked at the game briefly for around 15 minutes, so I haven't tried the battles yet. You can fully customize your character with equipments, stats etc. I'm currently not sure on where or how the online part of the game comes in.
Chapters are app purchases, but I currently don't know when you have to purchase, or if you have to purchase to keep playing. However, the game is free to download, so why not give it a try?
Check out the game on Applevis at:
https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/games/land-livia
Edit:
After having played the game some more, I can tell the following:
Prolude which is the beginning of the story is free to play. I don't know if you are able to do anything if you don't buy chapter one, which I am going to do when Prolude is completed. This game is totally amazing!
Nearly everything can be upgraded. From storage to gems and other kind of items. Your characters stats will change, depending on what gear and equipments you choose.
Gems can be cracked, which seems to be a minigame which upgrades it depending on luck and how good you are at the minigame. I haven't managed to try this yet.
Campfire: The campfire is an online feature, which is used to chat with the other players. There are multiple campfires around in the game. The idea is to tune in on your friends campfire via a campfire ID. So, the blind gamers could for example tune in on the same campfire to chat about the game and accessibility stuff.
I'll highly recommend you to check this game out...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-02-14 19:42:42

hi, nice game.
Farhaven? where did that come from? A heros call, maybe?

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2018-02-14 21:44:03

Hi,
It's a good game, I really like it, however I've found an interface bug that makes it borderline hard to progress.
I've reported this to the dev already.
I am stuck on iOS 9, and in this version of the game, VoiceOver gets stuck when trying to swipe on a tutorial hint. Dragging around has sort of worked unless you can't find anything on the map, and I constantly get stuck. I prefer swiping to dragging, especially when playing games, and at the moment, while I am liking what I've been able to do so far, this bug has stopped me in my tracks, thing is, if you could tap the tutorial hint to dismiss it and make the map work normally, it'd be fine. But VoiceOver literally gets stuck on the hint for some reason.

2018-02-15 01:21:54

It's not just in IOS 9, it's in 10 and 11 as well. I went back on spare devices and it is possible to click on the hints to dismiss it, it just often pops up a new hint right after you do. It does pop you back to the hints if you try to swipe, but I think it's trying to get you to click on the hint.

The tutorial is only for a few places in the beginning of the game and after that swiping works fine. I've  visited over 25 locations, and I haven't seen any other hints pop up since then.

2018-02-15 04:16:40

I'm having some issues. I'm loving the game and from what I've seen it is accessible and I love it.

One thing is you can't get everywhere from everywhere else. I have to go to Stern Outpost but don't know where to go to it from. Other than that going great. It oesn't really show where things are in relation to other things and where you have to go to get to other places. from other places.

Also This game is older than AHC and also Farhaven is a city in 4e core D&D, or maybe Fairhaven, but either way it's a pretty generic name.

If anyone knows how to get to Stern Outpost, let me know. off to see if where I went will get me there.

2018-02-15 09:34:58

Hi.
I'll edit the first post to clarify a small mistake. smile
@Aaron: Sad to hear that you have that much trouble with the game. You can indeed sometimes click on the tutorial text to dismiss it, and I can confirm that the same tutorial sometimes pops up again. Very annoying bug, which I find difficult to describe. It seems like the tutorial pops up again when the VO cursor reach the tutorial part of the screen after you have dismissed it.
@bookrage: Not being able to go everywhere from every location is how the game is ment to be. I can't currently check where you can go to the outpost because I'm currently questing, but you can reach it from a few places.
Spoiler:
I'm not sure, but you could try the north beach.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2018-02-15 14:43:11 (edited by bookrage 2018-02-15 14:46:37)

I have found how to do it. Not how to make sure you can go to the right place from the right location but the answer to my problem. You can get to the Stern outpost from the Northern beach area.

also, battles work just like any other quests. I think, from the way it sounds that there's a lot to do even if you only have the prelude. Even so, I plan on getting later chapters. I've had some battles with wolves and it just was a strength quest for me. The only downside to failing a quest is you have to spend the time to do it again. Also, you level up by getting better gear and quipping it and you have different levels for intelligence, strength, an dexterity so it's good to keep 3 different sets of gear on you if you can.

2018-02-15 17:35:23

The tutorial hints thing isn't a bug, the hint is just there until you finish the current tutorial objective. It's slightly irritating but it isn't really a problem.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2018-02-15 17:36:36

Yes. Even Prelude is huge, and contains very much gameplay.

Best regards SLJ.

2018-02-15 17:38:48

stewie wrote:

The tutorial hints thing isn't a bug, the hint is just there until you finish the current tutorial objective. It's slightly irritating but it isn't really a problem.

It is a problem, when the cursor jumps automatically to the tutorial text when trying to navigate the screen. So I'll say it is a bug, because the focus jumps in a weird way in some of the tutorials.

Best regards SLJ.

2018-02-15 23:26:41

@SLJ, that is not a bug. Read all the tutorial hints by double tapping on them to dismiss them. Then navigate as normal. None of these things are bugs.

2018-02-16 08:56:58

Am I the only one who are experiencing an extreme battery usage from the game? When looking under battery in the settings, it tells me that the game is using 70%.

Best regards SLJ.

2018-02-16 13:21:14

Do we have to purchase the other chapters of the game to progress?

2018-02-16 18:55:02

I only had an issue with the navigation when the screen refreshed a few times. I just waited a few seconds and I had no problems navigating.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2018-02-16 22:45:30

Hi,
My tutorials won't dismiss when I double tap them for some reason, so I really am still stuck until something is done about this.

2018-02-17 01:06:58

lol the hints thing might be a slight bug, but yeah just double tap, swipe quickly enough when it goes away and that should move the curser. Trying to figure out how these equipment levels work and what the numbers mean when looking at the eq slots.

2018-02-17 14:37:03

Had a look at the game, and |I wouldn't say it's an RPG, more like a mud or text based game

2018-02-17 21:48:39

Hi.
@caio: Sinse both chapter 1 and 2 are in-app purchases, the answer is yes. But, the first part of the game before chapter one is huge, really huge. So you'll figure out if you find the purchase worth it or not.
@cj89: The numbers means the equipments stats such as intelligence, dex, strength, luck etc. You can get the game to equip the best gear in the stats you choose, which makes things much easier.

Best regards SLJ.

2018-02-18 05:16:11

I've been playing nonstop almost since the game got accessible and still have a ton of stuff to do I'm sure.

also, you go up in levels by having enough bonuses on your equipment. For example you could be intelligence level 7, dexterity level 4, and strength level 8, and the way you level up is by getting enough bonuses from your equipment in the chosen stat to pass a threshold to get to the new level. generally, I try to level by doing quests in stats that are one level higher than my current stats. For example my intelligence level is 6 right now so I do level 7 intelligence quests.

Also, though the game has only been out for people like us for under a week, the sighted folks have only had it since September so I figure the game is still pretty active and we're likely to be seeing chapter 3 soon enough.

I'll tell you though that the lore upgrade game is sort of hard, although that also depends on whether you like the game Mastermind and are good at it, I am not.) The gem-cutting game is some sort of rhythm game that has audio cues. You can make the lore game easier with high lore stat equipment on you while you can make the gem game easier by increasing your luck (also with equipment.)

You use lore objects in the lore upgrade game to get hidden quests and areas, and you cut gems to make them stronger to get you better stats.

2018-02-18 06:02:41

any idea how to increse the inventory spaces? , I have 28 now, I think I need more for the dexterity equipment

2018-02-18 07:00:46

I am thinking about downloading this game to my phone.
However before I do I have some questions.
Is the battles like the battles in A Hero's Call?
Do you have to be online to play this game?
Do you get people to add to your party?

2018-02-18 15:20:07

Hi,
From what I've heard, the battles are more based on your strength, and aren't necessarily fought with you at the phone. Instead, it's more about the story, and you sending your character on various quests, leveling up, but waiting for the quests to complete. This is a much more casual experience than A Hero's Call.

2018-02-18 15:36:47

a few answers to your questions.

1. You can probably get enough space out of your original 28 spaces for a set of armor in all 3 areas (not including luck and lore) but you have to make sure you're selling your old stuff.
2. you can get more space for stuff by getting the right companions or real estate and leveling up. With real estate, that is the primary way you increase your max gold amount as well. And both companions and  real estate stack and most seem to be levelable up to 3.
4. companions aren't like they are in a lot of active RPGs Land of Livia is actually a bit of an idle game more than an RPG. You get them and they give you passive benefits, for example the donkey makes you travel a little faster and the parrot gives you more bonus gold from quests.
5. battles are just another type of quest and don't have anything special about them. Helping nobles cross the Prophet's river and attacking a bandit camp both run on strength and though one implies combat, they are handled exactly the same way. You have a percentage chance of completing the quest successfully and you send them to attempt it. Based on chance and your stats, when the time for the attempt is over, you either succeed or fail. You get rewards if you succeed and other than not getting anything and having to try again, you don't have anything bad happen if you fail a quest.
6. the one area where failure is bad is in the upgrading lore or gem minigames, if you fail you'll lose what you tried to upgrade, though not yet sure how it works with gems exactly.

hope that helps you guys out.

2018-02-18 19:22:31

Hi.
An awesome update got released yesterday. I hope this solves the issues people are having.
I'm playing like crazy. I have played my phones battery to death multiple times. smile
I will check out the gem cutting later tonight, and post how to do this as soon as I have done that successfully. Out from what I hear though, you need to press the cut button when you hear the sound. It is a huge loss when you fail this, trust me, I have tried. smile
I love the lore minigames. This is a great challenge, which I'm glad has been made accessible.

Best regards SLJ.

2018-02-18 23:26:02 (edited by nolly 2018-02-20 06:07:20)

Yes, some areas have only one route that directly connects them to another area and must be taken if traveling to and area for the first time. The developer is trying to come up with a way of showing voice over users that there are dotted lines which  directly connect areas )Paths) to each other, such as the raid camp and Tropical Jungle. In the mean time there are a ton of sighted players in your campfire which can help you out if you specifically ask them which area connects directly to the area you need to get to for the first time.

On a side note, the campfire ID I am currently in is h3hyIH. It is caps sensitive, so make sure to type in caps when the letter is in caps. Another campfire with several other blind players is GB8eXw. I am Nolly in the first and Kyleni in the second.

*** I've left the Campfire h3hyIH and rejoined GB8eXw***