2018-02-12 19:03:22

Okay, I have a problem. I started stage 25 and am now locked out of the shops, but I don't have a weapon that will destroy the security jet without smashing the lift sensor as well. I can't go back now, and I don't want to start all over again just because I made one stupid mistake. I never bought all the weapons because I felt the gold was better spent elsewhere, so I don't have any hammers on me...

2018-02-12 19:54:14

Wow, not even the super buster blade?

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-02-13 05:28:20 (edited by daniel 2018-02-13 12:48:10)

Hi all,
I've recently started playing bk3, and am loving it so far. I'm trying to build some more powerful weapons, however the thing I'm lacking is a big slime figure. Anyone know where I can find this item?
Also, I'm getting killed constantly on 21-3, is there a way to avoid those security carts, or a weapon I should have to get rid of them. Failing that, has anyone written a guide or something for this?
Thanks,

Daniel

2018-02-13 05:58:29 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2018-02-13 16:24:17)

I think I have that... I just thought it might not work. I'll try it.
Edit: It worked! But then the stamina killers got the box so I screwed myself over. I hate those things so much... Should I speed-drink it to the box? I feel like I should speed-drink it to the box. I really don't like this level. I've had to start over several times this afternoon alone, mostly because the security jet blew itself and the censor up, but a couple times I fell and then there was the stamina killer incident.
Edit 2: Beat the level! Now I'm trying to get past the first lifts section on 25.3. First mistake was flicking the switch to the left first. Darn missiles... I'm going to try this again later. I am so close to the end, guys...
Edit 3: I did it! I have officially beaten the game, in normal mode, anyways.

2018-02-13 16:50:45

Okay, so clarification: If I change the mode, will all the stages be hidden and have to be unlocked one by one again like when I played through the first time? I know the stages were locked while I was playing the final levels, but I could still see them. Will it be different in the next mode?

2018-02-13 17:41:13

Doesn't the game say exactly that if you try to do it?

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-02-13 22:19:21 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2018-02-13 22:57:45)

I hadn't tried yet. I was afraid if I did I would get no warning.
A couple more questions: Why the ridiculous number of levels before you can get into the coin collecting room? You can't access it until you've beaten the game once anyway...
Is there another way to get the transceiver with headphones? I used mine to make a translator for the Peace language.
And is it possible to get more clear medals from specific levels by running the modes multiple times? Can you run modes multiple times?

2018-02-14 02:00:44

re: getting many clear medals.. yes, just re-play 25-5 of the mode you want.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-02-14 11:16:02

I just bought the plasma machine gun but it doesn't seem to do anything. I just here a buzzing sound and the combat log shows no new entries about damage dealt. What's wrong? I think the laser machine gun did the same thing so I never used it because it just didn't work, and the anti-aircraft pistol did something similar even when there were airborne enemies in range, only it just clicked...

2018-02-14 11:51:13

What is BK3 Chaos Edition? I've heard this mentioned in a few places but I'm lost.

2018-02-14 13:11:49

That's a mode. When you beat the game in normal mode, you get a list of difficulty settings. Chaos Mode multiplies the default level of enemies by 500.

2018-02-14 14:47:11

I really, really hate it when I'm grinding for coins and then die. I got swarmed by fireballs in 22.2 and I was making my way to the door to get out with the more than 2k gold I'd picked up. I wish there was a way to get gold faster. I have the abacus but all the stuff I want takes a lot of gold, and I need like a thousand more levels before I can go into the coin collection room, which royally sucks because I don't know how long I'm going to take to get that...

2018-02-14 17:18:12

Sorry for posting again, but I had another question about when you start a new mode. Do you lose the item helper? I know you lose the magic hook and stuff like that, but is the item helper included in that list? I don't wanna lose it, as I've come to rely on it.

2018-02-14 18:05:39

You do not lose the item helper

2018-02-14 18:07:58 (edited by defender 2018-02-14 18:10:04)

I haven't finished the game yet, but here's what I have so far in terms of bugs and missing translation.
My translation file was up to date as of a month ago, and I got the game then as well.

Translation problems
stage 13 intro
Stage 16 outro
End parts of stage 13 to 16 death messages
Stage 17 death message
UFO catcher game has several items that aren't spoken when they get caught
HP booster has a bit of untranslated text when entering the purchace menu
The dial in stage 18-3 isn't translated
When getting secret weapons (like the daggers and box gun, nothing is spoken.

Bugs
Stage 12 boss's fire rocks sometimes don't despawn and allow the level to end
Persistent error when using the weapons menu in Skyracer
Alerts keep playing after you die, until you get all the way back to the stage menu.

2018-02-14 18:44:39

On things I've noticed that aren't translated, aside from the stuff mentioned in the posts above. The score messages in the games in the minigame center aren't translated either.

2018-02-15 14:43:03

@2,312: Sorry for the late response, in order to use the plasma and laser machine gun you have to reload them with the Shift key, despite them not needing ammo.

2018-02-15 17:36:29

Someone else did tell me, but thanks. smile
Another question. I bought the absorb sphere. Is it one use only? Because it's one hell of an expensive one-use-only weapon if it is and I'm employing money cats now but I have better things to spend thousands of coins on.

2018-02-16 03:11:49

No, you can summon multiple spheres if you buy one. Deploying 7 or so is actually a lot of fun.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2018-02-16 09:01:39

i have 3 questions:  1: from where can I get visiting cards? 2: when will the weapon psyco ingecter come? 3: how long time after i able to get companian and super companian card from tutorial section?

2018-02-16 10:49:31

I saw that this game was in the English section of Nyanchan's website, but when I tried to download it, or one of the other games I got a 404. I saw that the link in this forum works though. Do these both go to the same file? Also, do the other English games require the translation addon to play?

2018-02-16 11:02:23

Okay, I made enough paper dolls to trigger the change in 5.3, but the monsters did not give me remotely good exp despite being 100 levels stronger than I was. Does this mean even if I run harder modes I won't get better exp? How am I supposed to keep up with the enemies if they won't help me catch up?

2018-02-17 02:24:48

2324:
Sorry, I am aware of the dead links, but haven't been able to fix them. The link at the first post should work and it's the page where I have to link from my website.
2325:
You might want to defeat more leveled enemies E.G. 500 above you or even 2000 above you. More difference you have, more exp you get. If you don't wanna be frustrated at leveling, this might work:
Set the game mode very high
Grab your something shooter
go to 1-1
fire like crazy
try to avoid slimes
You gain whole lot of xp
** Since this greatly breaks the game balance, I might have done something for preventing this, but sorry, forgot. Please backup your save and try anyway.

2018-02-17 03:47:47

Thanks for the clarification. I'd rather work my way up through the modes than jump into a super-hard one right off the bat, but I'll keep what you said in mind. smile
This is a really great game, btw, although I don't know what I'm going to do with all this excess junk I've accumulated while getting the necessary items for the paper dolls and my super yoyo (the last magnet set I needed took forever to drop).

2018-02-17 05:53:20

They're results of how much I was bored at junior high school. I could think of many useless stuff there and write about them in a simple text file which the game automatically loaded and registered the items.