2018-02-10 23:11:43

Hi all,
I have a Sansa Clip Plus mp3 player, and I've really enjoyed using it for the past five years. I recently rockboxed it about, oh, let's say about almost a week ago? Now it voices the menus, and the files and folders on the device, which I love. Now the only problem is that I can't get my Micro SD card to work with it. I have a 32 GB card, and it was recognizable before I rockboxed it. Does anyone know how to make the card recognizable with Rockbox? I use the player primarily now to just work out, since the player's small and can clip to my clothes.
Thanks,
Rich

2018-02-11 03:27:27 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2018-02-11 03:46:38)

hi, i had one of those rockboxed, too long time ago, for years. But then about two years ago I lost it, we went out to a nightclub with friends and ... its just.. gone. Though as far as I can remember, your card should work fine without any formatting or anything of that sort, it should recognize it and should be the first listed item when you use the file manager.
I was going to buy another sansa, until I got aware that rockbox waved goodbye, for the most part and this also means that my music listening and consumption habits have changed. Especially being a pro musician myself I have not got too much time to listen to stuff, but I still have my favorite series and podcasts to go to when time permits. But truth is, I do everything from the cellphone now.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-02-11 21:05:45

I'm starting to think that maybe the MSD card reader inside of the player might be broken or something.

2018-02-12 11:42:28

Hi,
@RichYamamoto: backup your card to the pc, then format it as fat32. That should then make any 32 gb card work with Rockbox, and you should then just be able to copy and paste your music back onto the card. Also, remember that when you highlight your card in the file manager, by default it won't speak until you actually go into the card's folders.

2018-02-12 12:55:13

I just use small cheap android based smartphones with sd card slot
They start from £5 to £20

And do everything you need & more

2018-02-12 22:34:14

Hey.
What is rockbox and how to make a mp4 player or mp3 talking?
Thanks in advance.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!