2018-01-15 09:31:20

hi,
Putting the amulet as a requirement to the slayer quest would be deeply unfair, as those who chose to kill liam cannot do the quest, and therefore cannot get the amulet.  I also have an idea. I think that the amulet should be guarded by swarms of undead. As soon as the amulet is picked up, swarms of undead should attack the player, similar to the goblin king in the arena. There should be at least 3 waves.  That way, the quest will be extremely difficult to complete. An evil spell, by allowing the amulet to remain broken would also be nice. One other thing,  blessed peace becomes woefully inaffective at the higher levels, around 60-70. Also, I think summon undead should scale with level, to summon spectral or skeletal dragons at higher levels.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2018-01-15 09:43:16

Is any other hance to start Simeon's quest?
Because quest with stolen ring finishes (i don't know why) when i entered to Nigel's house and talked to him.

2018-01-15 11:24:51

hello,
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

can someone tell me what to do in the quest laying down the law? i have killed the bandits in the  forest   i talked to captain and he said     mark     bandit  ambush sights in your map.
where  to mark in map??? exactly????

2018-01-15 13:01:10

Most people are not going to get to level 60-70 in one playthrough, and chances are very good that by 60-70 you have AoE that is better anyway. Using that as an argument as to why it's currently not broken doesn't work.
You do have a point about the Slayer quest though. Thematically that wouldn't make sense, even if balance-wise it would. After all, this would mean that you couldn't have Blessed Peace and Summon Undead in the same save file, for...reasons. Balance-wise I kind of like it, but then it's a question of why, and I don't have a valid answer.
This is why I suggested putting it in that burial chamber where you get jumped by undead when you enter.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-01-15 13:06:21

Hello,
I don't even know where to start with this..
I live in a country thats going through some economic problems. I just would like to know if someone would be kind enough to purchase a coppy of the game for me.
I would not be asking this if I could purchase it, really. My country, as far as I have seen, has no support for the available payment metods. Not only that but with what I earn, I simply can't purchase the game by myself.
If anyone wishes to help me, my email is [email protected]

2018-01-15 18:47:45 (edited by defender 2018-01-15 19:06:18)

Voyager, I'll answer your question next
But first I just want to say something to everyone.
Check out post 31 and 33 in the (why must people crack games?) topic in the general room
Caio, the guy who posted above me seems like a cool dude that truly does deserve the game, and I know a couple people who were talking about maybe doing giveaways.
Obviously, he could wait till then and take his chances like everyone else, but he seems to be going a bit above and beyond, explaining why he didn't look for or consider a crack, explaining why he can't get it him self, not posting multiple times but still using a few different topics to spread the message, etc. I would buy it for him if the Canadian exchange rate wouldn't fuck me so hard. Plus I'd need to use my mom's card and pay her back which, I don't think she'd appreciate, since I'm supposed to be keeping most of this month's cash for some government documents I need.
All I'm saying is that if you've got the cash and your in the US, than you could make Caio's day...

Now for Voyager2064, post 1099.
Start
Spoilers
Go to the dungen in the palace, the staircase is past the kitchen, in the northeast part.
Their is a goblin their in one of the cells that you should talk to.
Spoilers
End

2018-01-15 22:02:49

Hello!

Maybe someone can help me.
I have nearly finished the mine stuff, I have successfully battled through the arena, found all the required iron ore and so on. The only quest where I seem to be stuck is to find the husband mine worker for his wife. I found his notice and I am now required to locate himself, but I can not find him, although I have roamed around all points of interest.
Maybe someone can tell me where the guy is locked up or whether the goblins have already eaten him for dinner. I want to finally finish the mine - I am already sick of walking through this endless maze.
By the way: a function which tells whether the current cell has already been visited would be extremely helpful - or even better, a function to locate the closest unvisited cell.
Apart from that AHC is extremely funny and enjoyable.

Kind regards from Daniel.

-------------

What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine too
If you shake my hand better count your fingers  (Megadeth)

2018-01-16 00:31:26

Start
Spoilers
Have you been to the dungen yet?
It's just past the kitchen, northeast part of the palace.
Spoilers
End

2018-01-16 00:51:42

I do agree that knowing if you've been somewhere before would be kinda neat. Maybe on easy difficulty only? I don't think it's a firm requirement, ever, but it might be handy.

2018-01-16 05:28:00 (edited by ambro86 2018-01-16 05:31:20)

Hello! I have finished this game and it is cool! Now I'm starting a new adventure with my previous class.
I like this game so much. I have only a thing to say, and I ask opinion from guys who played other games, like Manamon and Paladin of the sky. The only thing I don't like is moving only using the up arrow. For me is confusing. Infact in difficult areas I move using all the arrow keys, although in this way the navigation is slower. I hope, if I can suggest a thing to Joseph, to can make a choice to use this current navigation mode and a navigation in which you can use all the arrow keys, and doing the automatic scan not only if I press the up arrow but also with other arrow keys. In this way for me the navigation will be better.
I see many people that say that doesn't know if they were in one location. This problem is about moving only using the up arrow, because if the navigation will be using all the arrow key, the brain will register better where you are, and the orientation will be better.

2018-01-16 05:33:17

Hello I've  built a battle mage but the problem is during melee combat he keeps missing is there anything i can do to help with this? right now I'm using allister alconal's dagger.

2018-01-16 05:33:47

That's debatable, Ambro. You have a point - it's often quicker to move in true grid style - but moving using the up arrow primarily is more of a first-person-movement thing, and works well given the nature of the audio all around you. I think doing what you suggest would render a lot of the neat audio tricks they've used kind of pointless, and I'd be sad to see them go. Nah, I say leave it the way it is.

2018-01-16 05:43:32 (edited by ambro86 2018-01-16 06:04:10)

Jayde wrote:

That's debatable, Ambro. You have a point - it's often quicker to move in true grid style - but moving using the up arrow primarily is more of a first-person-movement thing, and works well given the nature of the audio all around you. I think doing what you suggest would render a lot of the neat audio tricks they've used kind of pointless, and I'd be sad to see them go. Nah, I say leave it the way it is.

Yes Jaide, but do you remember Manamon in which there were a lot of complicate dungeons and no beacons? Why in that game beacons are not necessary? Because the navigation is better in that game. And I think one point of that game that makes the navigation better is moving using all the arrow keys. And if you remember in that game there were dungeons longer and harder than this game. But without beacons in that game I find always my way.
About the audio tricks I think that using the navigation mode I propose will not make the audio radar useless, but will integrate it, because for example, you don't have a radar sounds for objects. And I propose to make a choice, an option that you can activate or not, so if you want to stay with the current navigation mode is not a problem. Only, for my experience, if this navigation mode I propose will be possible, the game will be a lot better.

2018-01-16 05:49:18

As far as movement with all the arrows, this can be done. If you use your left and right arrows by themselves, you side step in that direction. If you come with in the range where your character can see something, it tells you in the direction that you’re moving that something is nearby. This works for up left and right. Walking backwards it does not do so because of course, you can’t see behind your head. LOL.

2018-01-16 05:52:02 (edited by ambro86 2018-01-16 06:44:16)

Sean-Terry01 wrote:

As far as movement with all the arrows, this can be done. If you use your left and right arrows by themselves, you side step in that direction. If you come with in the range where your character can see something, it tells you in the direction that you’re moving that something is nearby. This works for up left and right. Walking backwards it does not do so because of course, you can’t see behind your head. LOL.

Yes Sean, infact sometimes I've used all the arrowkeys. But the thing is that if you use other arrow keys the navigation is slower. Is faster only using the up arrow key because the navigation is built for using only that key. And the scan feature works only with thing that are up from you, not on your right or left. I mean, if you use the right arrow, and you hear, skeleton remains, that thing is not on your right, but up from you. I mean that many times using all the arrow keys, you can lost certains objects or open spaces to explore that are on your right or left or down, because the autoscan navigation scans only up from you. Because of this I propose to make a navigation in which the 4 arrow keys are all of them fast as the up arrow key, and the  autoscan navigation works not only with up arrow key but also with other arrow keys. And I propose to make an option if you want to stay with the current navigation mode or choose the mode that I've proposed.

2018-01-16 08:24:23

Let's be honest here. The sheer detail in AHC is far, far beyond Manamon. Manamon has some tricky traps and whatnot, but AHC has arguably far more complicated maps overall. And Manamon's sound design is simpler. It doesn't actively require spatial positioning. When people move in manamon, it's in very simplistic routes (straight back and forth in a patrol formation and whatnot). Hope the Vampire Slayer walks all over the graveyard. Deepwood rangers walk all over the place. While I'm not saying you're dead wrong, I'd challenge the idea that Manamon's navigation was better. It was far simpler, on the whole, and thus the "follow the walls" logic worked better. Navigation in Manamon was not the point, it was a means to an end. Navigation in AHC is one of its primary components.

2018-01-16 08:45:01 (edited by ambro86 2018-01-16 08:45:42)

Jayde wrote:

Let's be honest here. The sheer detail in AHC is far, far beyond Manamon. Manamon has some tricky traps and whatnot, but AHC has arguably far more complicated maps overall. And Manamon's sound design is simpler. It doesn't actively require spatial positioning. When people move in manamon, it's in very simplistic routes (straight back and forth in a patrol formation and whatnot). Hope the Vampire Slayer walks all over the graveyard. Deepwood rangers walk all over the place. While I'm not saying you're dead wrong, I'd challenge the idea that Manamon's navigation was better. It was far simpler, on the whole, and thus the "follow the walls" logic worked better. Navigation in Manamon was not the point, it was a means to an end. Navigation in AHC is one of its primary components.

I agree Jaide. Manamon is simplier, infact I don't say to delete beacons in this game. I say only that if the navigation I propose will be possible playing this game will be more satisfatying, because you will not feel that your orientation is lost. And you are able to explore the areas with more pleasure.

2018-01-16 08:49:26

I still cannot defeat the hydra.
I got to level 9 with sister alexia and unlocked faver of the devine.
I used faver of the devine but I still get owned When the hydra attacks me in one shot. no matter what spells I cast or if I'm attacking.
has anyone defeated both of the hydras and got to the trap door?

2018-01-16 08:59:41

I doj't have a problem with orientation in this game. maamon gave me trouble all the time. honestly. not to bah manamon at all as Jade said navigation was a means to an end there. Love the game still haven't finished it but I'll get around to it someday.

2018-01-16 09:08:54 (edited by ambro86 2018-01-16 09:32:31)

michaelhoffman1976 wrote:

I doj't have a problem with orientation in this game. maamon gave me trouble all the time. honestly. not to bah manamon at all as Jade said navigation was a means to an end there. Love the game still haven't finished it but I'll get around to it someday.

Hi Michael, infact I propose that will be an option that you can choose or not. For me will be better, and I've listened also other player. But if you are good with the system you have you can mantain it. I htink also that many people that say for now that will mantain this system, when there will be (and I hope it will) they will switch to the new.

2018-01-16 09:53:20

I was frustrated with the navigation at first, I admit. But I got used to it. I still get confused sometimes, and there are still times when I can't quite manage to find my way directly to certain objects (using the map can be super tedious and even more confusing tbh), but I like it. I actually turn to face people, doors, containers and so on. I feel like I'm really this character. That's the point here—people don't move back and forth, left and right with equal ease. We move straight forward. We are careful when moving sideways and backwards. Turning is more practical on the whole. I think it just takes adjusting to.

2018-01-16 10:03:48

Bingo. My own game may be a more top-down style like manamon, but that's because I want to put a bit more oomph into combat and maybe a touch less into full immersion. People getting insanely lost the way they have in AHC is not something I'm particularly after.

I've gotten used to the way AHC does it, and while it would not be my first choice, it is solid and it works. I don't think it should be changed, not given the way the game is already laid out. I say learn to use the map, to use beacons, and to listen closely to your radar.

2018-01-16 10:24:59

Hi all.
There's this weard thing that happends when trying to retreat.
I will press retreat and it will make the sound for activating the menu option, so say i have jandy retreat, instead of just retreating, it will make me select a skill for the next character.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2018-01-16 11:27:50

another question from me! I ave gave to Nigel the seal ring gaveme to Simeon. I ave wrong? thank's

:-)

2018-01-16 13:29:40

To me, the first person point of view of this game is one of the things that make this game so good. I find that following the roads when you see them helps a bunch. Using beacons also help. Anyway, has anyone thought about using the map feature to place usefull beacons? That may help some seeing that the map will give you a quick top down look. Just use the m key and move to where you want your beacons and then place your beacons. Then you leave the topdown feature and navigate to the beacon. Just a suggestion. HTH.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral