2018-01-04 17:26:47

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to write a walkthrough of A Hero's Call?
It would be cool if someone would write one.

2018-01-04 17:34:52

Nope. Perhaps later, but no. Besides, if you use your brains it won't need one. I've finished the game without any help and that solidified the thought of 20 bux being spent well.

2018-01-04 18:10:06

The game hasn't been out a month and somebody is already ready to through in the towel?

2018-01-04 18:19:48 (edited by Shadowcat 2018-01-04 18:30:15)

You know, you guys saying stuff like this makes it sound like in the mainstream gaming community, sites like gamefaqs and ign aren't a thing, where depending on the game there's gonna be a guide anywhere from a week to a month right after release, depending on the size of the game and whether or not the poster minds putting something incomplete up with updates later. Just because someone would like a walkthrough doesn't mean you gotta jump on them about it.
I personally wouldn't want a guide up this fast, but to each their own, and there's no harm in asking. If you don't want to look at a guide, don't.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-01-04 18:49:37

Yeah, before I lost my vision I played lots of those mainstream games, and knew of those game guide sites, and never went anywhere near them. I just think it's sad when I see people give up so quickly on solving the game themselves so quickly. Where's the fun in that?

Who are you that you think it is your place to tell us what we can or can't say? I don't know how things are where you live, but where I live we have freedom of speech. If you don't like what we have to say, there isn't anybody holding a gun to your head making you read it.

2018-01-04 19:53:14

No walkthrough needed go play.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-01-04 20:57:24

It's a little too new (less one week old) and I don't think very many people have even finished it yet.
I know I haven't, and I've dumped a lot of hours into it that I really should have spent on other matters requiring my attention...
I think the best you can hope for are audio playthroughs, at least for the first few months.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2018-01-04 21:07:40

sorry to say this, but I am going to need a walkthrough for this game before I consider buying it.
I don't have the user guide because the game is not installed so Please explain the default keys for the PC version.

2018-01-04 23:27:17

There's a difference between a user guide and a walkthrough which do you want?

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-01-05 00:24:21

I was just wondering that is all.
I am enjoying the game even without one.

2018-01-05 00:31:02

I want a walkthrough

2018-01-05 02:33:27

Liam has done some playthroughs in the past. You can visit his YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/liamerven

2018-01-05 02:55:41

I'm not going to do that.
I would rather have a text walkthrough instead of playthrough.

2018-01-05 03:30:19

once I finish, I could write one. I finished 2 areas of the game and only somethings in the mines in main story. Completed a ton of quests as well. When I finish the game, I'll gladly write one. If people don't want to see it, don't open the topic that's all.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2018-01-05 04:58:15

Nick, uh, why? Why would you need something you can't properly use? That's like needing a fork with no food in the house

2018-01-05 05:13:07

well when I can be bothered playing it I won't be looking for walkthroughs. they just spoil the game. think there must be something wrong with me judging by the threads about this game on here but I've owned it since the day it came out and only played about 20 mins and got bored.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-01-05 05:26:15

Some people like walkthroughs, some don't. Some really don't like missing out on stuff. Some want to find every nook and cranny on their own without help.

Someone asking for a walkthrough shouldn't be negatively judged. Just because they ask doesn't actually mean they're "throwing in the towel". Maybe they're stuck on one quest, or would like a handy way to do a certain boss, or are interested in finding secrets, or want to know what sort of skills they can expect on this or that type of character.

People were forever and ever asking the same questions in Manamon, and back when I thought that game had a future, I wrote a walkthrough. It didn't, and people kept asking their questions, so that told me everything I need to know about the creation of guides for this community, sadly. I suspect AHC will have a much better shelf life, and is thus more deserving of a more comprehensive guide or walkthrough, but I won't be the one to do it.

Let's lay off the judgments, guys. Some people want spoilers, want hand-holding, want to know all secrets. Some want to explore. It is not up to us to dictate how someone else best enjoys a pastime.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-01-05 05:50:22

@jayde
Thumbs up for that one... pretty much what I was getting at, but much better said. lol

2018-01-05 08:45:42

Writing a walkthrough for A Heros Call will be a challenge, because of the way the different choices in the game effects the story.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-01-05 08:49:40

Incidentally, it feels to me like a lot of the choices -don't actually affect the story very much. Some do, and hugely, but many don't. No matter how rude you are to the NPCs who try and join your party, for instance, they'll join, be useful, and do what they're supposed to do as far as I know. It's not like there's a hidden stat - let's call it rapport - which, if it's too low, will screw you out of something good. The game also does seem to like three or four versions of "yes" sometimes. The really upbeat super-positive, the snarky positive, the grudging acceptance.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-01-05 15:00:31

Myself, I tend to try the game without any assistance first time, but I will admit if I feel like I'm getting no where or constantly getting hammered then I will either ask for specific info or use a walkthru, particularly because I tend to be a completionist. this began with megaman x2 on the Snes where I used a walkthru in place of a guide as I found getting even a vague start in the game hugely difficult. It actually turned out I'd already found various boosting and other items, but didn't realize what they were without a walkthru to help.

Manamon is the main accessible game I've most seriously had to do this in, since it seemed whatever I did with manamon training I always got slaughtered, and I seemed to be just grinding and grinding and grinding, that being said, I couldn't manage a sustained playthrough even with Jayde's very well written walkthru, though that likely has more to do with time than anything else, and I would like to get through the game at some point to see where it goes.

King of dragon pass is a game where I looked up a few bits of extra info (especially about hero quests), to make my playthrough easier, though I wouldn't have used a full walkthru even if one for such a branching game were possible.

Hopefully  Hero's call will be like Entombed or A dark room when I get it, a game I can play through and explore from end to end on my own, but if I need help I'll ask rather than give up, and if I need lots of help I'll be glad of a walkthru if one exists.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-01-05 15:29:21

If you need some quick help for the game, you can join the Skype group for A Hero's call, it is not official group but people are willing to help there:
https://join.skype.com/hKodAfO58sGR

Best regards

Stella rossa di Belgrado
We Love you Red Star, we do

2018-01-05 21:35:49

Do anyone remember the player's guides books that would come out after the game was release?
I remember I had a few of those myself.
I only had three of them from what I can remember.
Of course I had sight to be able to read them.

2018-01-06 07:55:38

I really hope we get a walkthrough because there are some parts of the game I just get stuck on and sometimes I don't want to play because of it.  Agree with Jade and Blind Ninja - if someone likes to play with a walkthrough so they can use it when they get stuck, then that's how they enjoy playing and no one should be judged for that.  Gotta say I'm a new member here, and although I've seen a lot of good members spreading positivity and helping people out I'm not a huge fan of the negative, judgmental, snarky replies I see to some people who are earnestly asking a question when they're stuck in a game. 

But I do hope a walkthrough pops up eventually, I'd like to finish the game and there are some downright unpleasant bits in quests I just can't get past no matter how hard I try.

2018-01-06 14:09:26

I've actually thought about making one eventually, although my BD3 one was already hard enough for me to sit down and actually try to finish, lol this is a whole other can of worms.