2018-01-04 21:49:06

So after looking at openssl and file encryption and remembering that bgt has file encryption would it be possible to setup a service that lists files in bgt as a way of encrypted file sharing or is this not possible. It would also allow users to upload Maybe I'm thinking too far ahead and maybe this isn't possible.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2018-01-05 02:00:48

Not in BGT, no, you couldn't do that. Not unless you wanted to decompile Openssl and figure out how it works... plus, Python or C++ are far better choices for this than BGT is.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-01-05 14:16:41

On this very occasion, I'm afraid Ethin is completely right and there is nothing you can disagree with about that post. I also have to deeply appreciate that it was a honest, informed answer without condemning the original question or the language as such. :-)
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2018-01-05 16:14:00

What exactly do you mean by listing files? As far as using openSSL, probably not. But since you brought it up, I will touch on file sharing.
This is actually surprisingly simple. Assuming your using the network object, setup a delimiter and split. So the first entry would have either upload, download, or chunk. Assuming this is download, the next entry would contain a hash of the data about to be received. You'll probably have to split the data into multiple packets based on length to prevent breakage, hence chunk. For upload, you send the data to the server as described above. The server would obviously have to take into account which client is sending what peace of data, however that's standard.

2018-01-05 18:37:46

I will have to take a look at the network network object.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2018-01-06 01:46:39

@lukas, I am trying to work on it tongue.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github