2017-11-29 05:26:52

If I drink lots I make sure to stop drinking a while before I go to bed, I usually take some quick food as well. I take quite a bit of salt as well, and then have something sugary. Then I drink plenty of water. The next day I'm alright and I top off my hangover cure with a few cups of coffee and it's like I never had anything at all to drink the previous day even if I was so drunk I couldn't even say my own name.
My strict disciplin came as a result of a nasty ass hangover that lasted for three days straight. I won't go into details but it wasn't very pleasant. After that I swore I'd never have another hangover ever again and it's been a little over one and a half year ago and so far it's stayed true even though I've been more intoxicated plenty of times than what I used to before the promise.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-11-29 09:49:43

THREE DAYS?
Lord have mercy!
I had a hangover after drinking vodka for the first time that lasted for twelve hours, and I thought I was miserable!
Glad you were all right, but I feel bad for you on behalf of that three days.

2017-11-29 11:12:29 (edited by Orko 2017-11-29 11:16:43)

Three days? The longest hangover I've ever had lasted about 12 hours, and since then I just don't drink to the point of being falling down drunk. Besides the hangover, it's not much fun anyway.

4:00 in the morning and I can't sleep, again. I've been up since 3:30 after laying in bed for hours trying unsuccessfully to fall asleep.

I do wish one of the sleep aids like Ambien worked for me. But then for pain relief codeine doesn't work on me either. Like eating a sugar pill.

2017-11-29 11:58:57

Lol I went to sleep around 6 AM, about one hour before I was going to go up and get prepped for school. I fell asleep on the couch and missed the alarm. Good job.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2017-12-01 12:48:48

I didn't realise these sleeping conditions were that bad, but I can imagine how having a drifting cycle could mess up your academic life. I can't imagine getting through university like that. It puts the odd sleeping pattern issues me and my friends complain about into perspective. But now I'm curious what exactly causes it, and if it's only absence of light perception why don't all totally blind people have it? Also, if it messes up your circadian rhythm does it affect everything influenced by that rhythm, which is a lot more than just the sleep cycle. I remember learning in physiology that we have a central clock in the suprachiasmatic nucleus (part of the hypothalamus), but that many tissues have their own peripheral clocks that seem to run independently of the main rhythm. So I'm curious how many of these are affected, or if it's mainly just sleep. I also remember food intake apparently has some affect on the circadian rhythm, but don't remember the details.
I guess in my case I can understand why it doesn't happen; my eyes are supposed to be fully functional and my visual cortex is the reason why I can't see anything. But the visual stimuli that entrain the circadian rhythm aren't processed by the visual cortex as far as I remember, so my clock probably still gets the light cues it needs. But there are enough people with nonfunctional eyes without this condition to make me wonder what keeps their rhythms going.
Oh and about weed, there are different strains with differing affects, because apparently THC is not the only psychotropic compound in cannabis, and the ratios of the cannabinoids in the strain can make a difference in the affect it has on you, e.g. energetic versus relaxed, etc. But people definitely experience the same thing very differently; some people I guess are more predisposed to being paranoid, which is something I've never experienced.
And seriously, a 3 day hangover! That must have been terrible. A proper hangover is also something I've never experienced, but I don't think I've ever drank enough for that to happen. I just drink for the taste, not for the effect, which I'm not a big fan of. I've tried it out of curiosity but just don't understand what so many people find enjoyable about it, it basically feels to me like being sleep deprived. But I guess it ties in with the people experiencing the same thing differently thing.

2017-12-01 13:41:13

I could resist sorta-kinda at LCB after I had friends coming over in the evenings. That didn't happen right away, though, and I started with a "go to sleep after 1am" schedule, and ended only able to stay up past 6pm because of external forces. Basically, enough regularity, and possibly all the daytime walking.
College, with its disjointed, "day-of-the-week dependant schedules, weird cafeteria hours, and tortuously boring weekends, was more of a disaster. Having a fuller schedule and stuff going on online for the first year and a half helped, but then my schedule hollowed out, online communities got weighed down by real life, and life in general decided to remind me it could get worse, so the next year took all kinds of sleep-related damage. The presence of nonterrible people kinda salvaged the next year and a half... then everything went back to Hell and my last semester was so horribly oppressed by this sleep crap that I did a sleep study.
I'd use an Action Points analogy. When things aren't working right, your max AP is reduced. If enough other things are keeping it high enough, you can still invest some points in negotiations with the Sandman. The more essentials that are broken, the less AP you have to spend, and if you fail to allocate those in ways that sustain or increase your max, you're in trouble. External circumstances can alter the AP required for a given task, but if your max is high enough, higher level challenges won't do too much damage. Try tackling a 100AP dungeon with a max of 50AP, and you're going to have a bad time. Sleep disruptions cost lots of AP, so fighting it requires loads of other things to go right to make up for the deficit.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-12-01 16:56:38

@zakc93 hmm interesting now that you mention it, I actually eat differently too. It's usually around 4 PM to 9 PM.

@Cae_Jones sounds like you wrote your next tactical battle map pack already tongue

Yesterday I was so high the fan that sucks up smoke and shit from the stove started playing music for me. Like it was everything from rock'n roll to rap metal with a lot of synth and the rithem was just insane. Lol. It was fun. Now weekend is here and I'm going to get a lot of shit to enjoy it.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2018-04-20 19:41:47

I have difficulty falling asleep. I have tried pretty much everything now, not screen about 2 hours before bedtime, reading, walking for at least hour a day. I consulted a doctor and he prescribed me some sleeping meds. I read on them on Canada Drugs website, but I'm not sure there is anything that can put me on deep sleep

2018-04-21 02:42:31

I have to ask, where exactly do you guys get weed and stuff? I’m asuming not online.

2018-04-21 02:51:29 (edited by flackers 2018-04-21 02:53:19)

I personally wouldn't recommend weed for helping with sleep. I used to smoke it a lot and it never did anything for me in terms of helping getting to sleep. In fact I think it actually screws with it. Not in an insomnia type way, but in that it messes with dreaming, and dreaming is really important in feeling like you've had a good night's sleep. I experimented with lucid dreaming at one time, and that too left you feeling like you hadn't had much sleep when you had had a full 8 hours. I think this is why people who abuse weed like I did, can end up really aggressive and cranky rather than laid back like the stereotype of a weedhead.

2018-04-21 04:43:47

Just like with all medicines, each person will have a different experience with weed, just because it didn't help you with sleep doesn't mean that it won't help everybody else either. The last time I smoked it it made me so sleepy that I had trouble staying awake, which I thought was a waste of a good high, so I quit. Now with the problems I have with falling and staying asleep, I'd consider trying it again if I could get around having to smoke it. I already know that for me, eating it doesn't work, I once had to swallow a decent sized bud to avoid being caught with it, I thought for sure that eating that much weed would make me high as a kite, but it had no effect on me. This bud was big enough to roll at least three or four decent sized joints, big fat mamas that looked more like cigarettes than joints.

2018-04-21 11:11:55

It may depend on the sort and how you smoke it. I almost exclusively smoked hash mixed with tobacco, so the tobacco probably cancelled out any sleepiness, and I think hash is a different experience to buds. Back when I smoked it, most weed in the UK was smuggled in and I think hash just must have been easier to smuggle because that's what most people sold where I lived. These days it's all bud because there's no need to smuggle anymore, there are artificially lit cannabis farms all over the place. You can smell them when you walk past. There's one in my mum's street that you smell as soon as you enter the little cul-de-sac she lives in. How they don't get caught is a mystery, with the upper windows blacked out and the stink.

2018-04-22 10:12:01

Again with weed I've only ever done it dissolved in a lipid, usually butter or cream and added to coffee or coco.
That does! cause lethargy if not actual  sleepiness as well as random associations and quite a pleasant sensation.

The one thing I do not like is the stoned over afterwards, since for me that tended  led to just feeling exhausted most of the with no energy, if this is combined with some of the potential post weed anxiety it can be quite nasty, sort of the nagging sensation that you must! get up and do something, but the inability to actually do it.

It's also dangerously close to one very nasty reaction I had to an antidepressent in 2009, which basically caused me to be permanently zonked  but only able to sleep for a couple of hours a night, which was definitely not! pleasant, this is why weed, rather like alcohol is something I'd only do when I'm sure that my emotional state is up to coping with it.

Then again weed is something I only tend to do with one particular friend of mine who is a bit of a nut (he's also a huge great dune fan), so its not really something I get the opportunity to do regularly, for all I probably would do it now and again if it were more readily available since as I said I much prefer its affects to alcohol even if just for a small occasional treat.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-04-22 18:03:42

I wonder how half of you talk about non24 to people anyway!  most everyone I've talked to about it and the possibility of my having it owing to being totally blind makes me out to be lazy.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-04-22 21:02:11

Friends who think you are lazy because you might be suffering from non 24 aren't really your friends, in my humble opinion. Or they simply are too lazy themselves to find out what non 24 is all about.

2018-04-23 06:57:10

In this instance I agree with Orko, though fortunately I've only had to once deal with being called "lazy" due to sleep disorders and that by someone who was quite a git anyway.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-04-23 12:17:37

I have decided to see if I can get enough weed for a joint just to see if it helps any, but until I can figure out a smokeless way to take it that works for me, it's not something I will do over the long term. Considering that I am an ex smoker, I don't think one joint will do any more damage than has already been done by years of smoking.

2018-08-15 13:48:16

I have personally been a chronic Insomniac for years and have been taking sleep aids every night for the past 6 years. Recently I've tried Medical Cannabis and found it very effective for beating insomnia. It lately have been a huge benefit for me at least.

2018-09-11 21:08:39

I have sleep problems too,  no matter I've spending my time in the outside,  or work place, no  tiredness
I can sleep only 2 hours... not much I cannot
some friends giving me advices, buy medicine stuff,  but that's I don't want to use for reall
I am just listening the tv shows in the nights
I am having that problem been awhile... some doctors telling that depending the nerves,  but how that can believable.

2018-09-11 22:04:57

A sleep doctor once told me it was stress. He then went on to recommend a CPAP. I wish there was a less profane way to say "full of crap," because that's the most concise way I can explain my feelings on that response without understating the magnitude.
Apparently, it's hard to buy melatonin in the right dosage. The recommended dose is 0.3-0.5mg, but I always find them in 3-10mg. I find they can be bitten into  smaller pieces without tainting the remainder (something about how brittle they are?), and this actually helps a great deal. However, that's still imprecise enough that it tends to make me sleepy for several hours on either side, which Adrafinil only somewhat counteracts, in my experience.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-09-12 00:26:31

I keep unusual hours anyway but in England blind people can be proscribed a melatonin based drug called circadin. I was given it and only tried it once or twice but really does work. a bunch of my friends who have no light perception use it regularly and they say it's amazing. if you can't get it from your doctor you can buy it on amazon. a friend in Australia was unable to get it on free proscription but she's bought them that way instead which was way cheeper than paying for them from her doctor.

I wonder how much of a placebo affect pills have anyway though. when I've had problems sleeping it's usually because I wake up not long after I go to sleep and I am already convinced I won't be able to get back to sleep and so because I'm worrying about it and getting annoyed, I can't. all I can think of is the fact I can't get to sleep.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-12-06 15:03:16 (edited by oliviablond 2018-12-10 09:53:11)

I have tried CBD oil many times for insomnia and other medical issues. It has never worked for me, but it has worked for a lot of people I know. I'm hesitant to call it placebo just because it didn't work for me personally. If you are looking for some information on CBD oil, check this out https://www.ncsm.nl/english/cbd-oil/cbd-oil-for-adhd

2020-02-11 15:51:35 (edited by rayshow 2020-03-01 15:12:17)

i'm your insomnia brother. Here is what really helps me:

1. No food 3 hours before bed
2. No liquid 1 hour before bed
3. Have an audiobook pre-loaded on my iPhone, ready to play
4. Have an alarm on my iPhone to "unplug" an hour before bed (turn off TV/PC)
5. Have a printed "evening prep" routine (get stuff ready for work, do dishes, brush teeth, etc.)
6. As last resort -  try CBD oil here ensures good relaxing sleep and calms any nerve pain and other sources of pain down.

2020-02-11 19:26:58

I don’t know, seems kind of old. But anyway, why was Olivia band? There’s nothing in the record about it

Is this the real life?
Or is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality

2020-02-11 19:43:19

@jimmy69, and if you look at that particular users' posts, you'll see conflicts and a ton of advertising linkage, making it look like a very cleverly made spambot.  In this topic alone there are two posts that conflict with each other, posts 43 and 47.  To quickly summarize, in 43 the user says they tried Medical Cannabis to great effect.  In 47 the user says they've tried Cannabidiol oil and that it has never worked for them.  In both posts there are links.
It would be interesting to try and find out why they were banned though, as this is all pure speculation.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.