2017-11-28 04:08:02

Hello,
I am making a puzzle game which both sighted and sight impaired players can play together. The game requires two monitors to play, you use the wasd keys to move and the mouse to look. One player cannot see but can hear everything around them and the other is the opposite. It is however an early prototype so there are unfortunately no puzzles to solve currently and I would like to implement a way for the first player to be able to navigate more easily. Do you have any recommendations for doing this?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18ilCU … gfd2og86u_

2017-11-28 08:16:52

I can't recall what it was called but I remember seeing a fps demo of a similar concept a few years ago. The way it was setup was that the blind player could collect keys and open doors but couldn't see any terrain, and the sighted player could drop audio beacons to guide them around. Similarly the sighted player couldn't see enemies, but the blind player could hear them and hit them to reveal them for the sighted player to fight.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2017-11-28 13:23:33

Hello folks. The idea seems neat, but having two monitors or two people to play to form the teams would not always be possible. So, you may want to consider the possibility of online play.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.