2017-11-16 16:25:23

Hello Gena and welcome.
We certainly have a variety of games around here, so whatever your fancy, you should find plenty to try out (see the database on the front page of this site for details).
Any questions, feel free to ask.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-11-17 20:00:05

Hello. This is a
Aziz Alshemmari from Kuwait

Thumbs up

2017-11-17 20:02:19

Hello, this is Aziz Alshemmari from Kuwait

Thumbs up

2017-11-17 20:09:11

I hope everyone is well.  I've been an audio-game junkie for years on regular games, muds, online rpg's, etc.  Figured it was time I made a user to post on the forums.

Thumbs up

2017-11-18 07:30:40

Hi there!

I'm primarily a mudder, but also enjoy audio games and wanted to join in some of the discussions here. smile

Thumbs up

2017-11-18 17:33:27

Appologies for the slightly longer wait to get your accounts verrified this time around.
Hi MissouriMud, Ignotus welcome to the forum, I'm quite the fan of muds and rpgs myself so I look forward to discussing rpgs with both of you.

@Aziz, could you please give a little more information, eg, what sort of games you like or want to play, since I'm afraid at the moment I am not sure if your a human or not (especially given you posted the same message twice).
We don't need a lot, just something to be sure your not a spambot.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-11-19 21:17:02

Hello, this is Aziz Alshemmari from Kuwait. I've created my account a few days ago and I would like to  gain access to write posts to forams, I've seen people who created their accounts yesterday and gain access before I did. Thanks for reading and I hope I get permission soon

Thumbs up

2017-11-19 21:23:38

I apologize for the repeated messages, I posted my last message without reading the posts, oops. I used to play lots of audiogames around 10 years back, till I found out about alteraeon and I focused on it. Life got in the way so I just play alter, since I have so little time for myself. I apologize again and excuse my english, it's clearly not my 1st language so bare with me smile

Thumbs up

2017-11-20 07:46:57

My name is Rose. I started playing audio games around 15 years ago, 2002 to be precise. My very first game was Accessible Battleship. It was written by the same developer who created Star Fight. My first mud I played was Star Conquest (classic) which I joined sometime in 2005. I took a break from gaming for awhile to mainly administrate. Some may know me as a former RS Games administrator. I was an RS admin from 2012 to 2016 and left the staff shortly after the RS Games iPhone app was released. As I work for the company who had the authority to both approve and deny updates to their app, I decided that assisting personal, long-time friends with such an app would be a conflict of interest. These days, I still mud. I play Alter Aeon in phases, and I've been on a few social muds over the years. However, my main gaming focus has been games for iOS. I am, in particular, a big fan of Choice of Games titles as well as accessible versions of popular games, such as the ones made by Blindfold games. I decided to join the Audio Games forum after listening to a forum member's internet radio stream. After hearing him play a variety of audio games for PC, I realized that I had missed a number of awesome Windows based audio games over the years. I'm hoping to broaden my audio gaming knowledge regardless of platform. I am open to anything members of this forum recommend.

Thumbs up

2017-11-20 10:06:44

@Aziz, sorry about the extra security, we have had problems with spambots here which is why i couldn't approve your account streight away, but now we're certain your not  spambot hope you have fun on the forum.

@Rose, hello and welcome. I'm quite a fan of the blindfold games myself, though I need to play many more of them and add to the db, also I'm looking forwward to Alteraeon's event this  christmas.
Hope you have fun on the forum.

2017-11-20 14:20:42

Hi there, my name is James, I got told about this forum though a buddy of mine who I play Pokemon with, it's hard to find games I like, which is why I hope this place will help me find it! Thanks for now

Thumbs up

2017-11-21 05:55:26

Hi james and welcome to the forum.
Hope you find some games you like around here big_smile.

2017-11-24 10:24:59

I am hobby musician, pro soft. developer. Recently I have pointed into accessibility direction.
Google point to this forum when looking for accessibility and some of our projects:
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=22671
(I am the developer of everything G-Rad describe)
I want to reply in that thread that the idea/project is not dead, I am just "AZ Slow" (AZ is my initials, and I am a bit Slow wink )
That Sonar is in history (Cakewalk is closed), accessibility control of Behringer mixers will launch soon, etc.
BTW. My software is partially closed source, but everything is public and free to use. All my activity is that direction has no commercial interest. I mean even when something sounds like an Ad., it is not.

Thumbs up

2017-11-24 13:12:02

Hi azslow3 and welcome.

This is certainly the place to discuss accessibility and there are plenty of people here interested in music production,  hopefully you'll have a  time here.

2017-11-26 21:10:40

Hi All!

I found this forum by searching for a Lyrebird discussion.  I hope to join that discussion soon.  At the moment I am not allowed to post any replies or new topics, although I suspect this will change after my email address is verified.

I want to discuss using Lyrebird to generate voice tracks for animated 3D characters.  I have an idea that seems feasible but that I've not seen discussed anywhere.  Feel free to PM me about it until I am allowed to post.

Thanks. :-)

Thumbs up

2017-11-26 22:20:33

Hi Dayvil.

Voice tracks for animated characters sounds like a fascinating idea, so feel free to discuss it wherever is relevant.

Fyi, this topic isn't about verrifying your email address so much as making sure your a human being and not a bot by what you post. Unfortunately we've had issues with bots posting a lot of rubbish on the forum, so now we make sure people are actually human beings interested in games and the sort of stuff we do here rather than automated programs just interested in spreading spam.
This topic also serves as a handy intro thread as well, so people can see who new users are and learn a bit about them.

so hi and welcome, since your obviously not a bot, and I hope you have fun.

2017-11-27 12:20:06

Dear community,

my name is Michael and I'm a PhD candidate at the Vienna University of Technology (TUWIEN). In my PhD, I research the design of audio games as well as the tools used. I'm a passive forum user for years and really enjoy all the exciting discussions about games in general and community-built audio games. Furthermore, I enjoy reading the described experiences from all the audio gamers here in the forum.

In my spare time, I enjoy doing sports, designing and programming games and (ofc) playing games (not only audio games but also games in general).

I hope that I can contribute with my research and my "being-here" to the forum as well as to a community that I think that does not have the public attention that it deserves :).

Kind regards,

Michael

Thumbs up

2017-11-27 14:53:48

Hi Michael and welcome.

Your research sounds fascinating, I don't think we've been the subject for a phd thesis before big_smile.
Hope you get the time in between your research to play games and have fun, and that you have fun around here as well as find some useful material for your work (I'm doing a phd myself so I definitely appreciate the amount of dedication it takes).

2017-11-29 06:25:52

Hi, I'm Justin, a sound designer who heard that there were a lot of devs on here looking for sounds for audio games and I thought I'd offer to help out. Plus I love audio games and have sunk many many hours into quite a few.

Thumbs up

2017-11-30 15:41:37

Hi justin.

Many apologies for the wait, with christmas coming etc it's been rather busy and I haven't been around as much as I'd like.
Certainly any sound designing information you could give regarding audiogames would be very welcome indeed, and I hope you have a good time on the forum.

2017-11-30 16:38:24

Hey Audiogames.net

I just got around to create an account on this site after lurking around for a long time, and hopefully it’ll bring me to engage in the discussions happening here, both off topic and about various games. I've only played a handful of audiogames throughout the last years, namely titles such as  The Road to Rage, Swamp, and Crazy Party. Other than that I've been mudding a bit here and there. I look forward to be able to interact with all of you!

Thumbs up

2017-11-30 17:20:42

Np thanks a lot for approving me. Looking forward to finding out about more audio games to play and hopefully helping some people out.

Thumbs up

2017-11-30 17:58:49

Hello, I go by Marco here on the forum, however, I really am a person behind the keyboard, complete with spelling mistakes and the like.  I play a variety of audio games and such and would like to ask questions on the forums.  It is difficult when I potentially wear the dishonorable rank of spam bot.  This maketh me sad, and I wish to learn what it is to become more human.  Seriously though, I think you can see that spam bots wouldn't be this snarky.  Let me in, please?

Have a good one folks.

Thumbs up +1

2017-11-30 20:15:26

I am Draak, one of the worldbuilders of Alter Aeon. I really just wanted to chime in on a post someone made regarding magic in Alter Aeon, and possibly reply to questions and discussions about Alter Aeon (i.e. I have no interest in discussion of policy, just game mechanics, improvements and lore).

A.K.A. Draak - talk to me about any Alter Aeon questions or concerns!

2017-12-01 01:15:31

@Marco,  Well as you've been a good spambot you can become a real boy big_smile.

Seriously, you'd be surprised how necessary  restricting accounts is, we've had quite the infestation some times and this is a good way of keeping it down as well  letting people introduce themselves, albeit it's a little less convenient for legitimate members.
Hope you have fun on the forum.

@Draak, I know your work well, indeed methinks  I have benifited from your restores in the past on Alteraeon, as well as playing through bits of the game you've created.
Nice to have you as a member of the forum, I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on Alter magic etc.