2017-11-05 21:21:27

Hi . I have downloaded addictive drums V1.53 and extract the iso file. I copied the folder of the installer paste it in c:\program files\reaper\plugins. And after that, click the setup and I check the box that says vst check box not check. I copied addictive drums.dll and paste it to c:\program files\reaper\plugins. And I click AD_Library_Placer.exe. Now I open reaper and go to preferences and plugins and vst and rescan, but when I go to virtual instruments, addictive drums doesn't show up. Anything I haven't done correctly?

Now here's the instructions. I'll just post it here because I also have a question.
INSTALLATION:

• You need a virtual drive to mount or burn the ISO file.

• Burn or mount the image.

• You should install the library at first.

• Uninstall previous versions.

• Install the Setup

•  That's it! Done.
That part that it says you should install the library at first, I can't find a setup for the library. Because the only thing that I found in the installer folder is the info, the addictive drums that contains factory maps, factory presets, etc, but no setup for the library. But there's a thing called setup.exe. That's what I click to install addictive drums but as what I've said it's not working. Any help will be appreciated. Best regards.

2017-11-10 23:52:53

That doesn't sound like their typical installer, for their online in staller is generally unaccessible.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2017-11-11 00:38:58 (edited by flackers 2017-11-11 00:46:07)

Hey G Rad. Did you ever finish the AD2 accessibility project that you were working on, or did you hit a wall? Since I got a v-drumkit, I've been using the on-board sounds pretty much exclusively because I'm not at all happy with the way superior sounds. Compared to the TD's on-board kits, it sounds kind of grainy and weak. The cymbals are especially feeble. Always have to boost their volumes just to hear them over the rest of the mix. The hihat doesn't seem to trigger very smoothly, And the constant remapping is a pain. Was going to have a look at AD and just maybe use a simple clicking script to just flick through the presets. But it's quite a bit of money to shell out for something you can't really access. Think scripting it with my techniques would be difficult to say the least.

2017-11-15 05:45:32

What, exactly, is addictive, anyhow?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-11-21 02:35:24

So, there's this thing called addictive drums v2 that he has been workin' on? I wonder what's the status of the project? At Green Gables, it is a drum machine.

2017-11-23 18:55:42

I got addictive drums working. I hook the keyboard on a computer, and open reaper and go to virtual instruments and select addictive drums. But the only thing is, when I play there's a latency problem occurs. How do I solve the latency thing? I really want to learn how to use this software. But I don't know where to start. I haven't read any tutorials. I have my dream, I've been dreaming to produce a song. Can anyone help me on learning how to use addictive drums? There's a lot of question in my mind. When creating a beat, do you really have to play in the keyboard until you decided to end it? What about when you want to create some heavy metal songs? I know it has a double bass drum but I can't imagine, you are playing the double bass for a long duration. An example of this is, stratovarius forever is today. What if I decided to make a backing track, how will I do that part that has a double bass? I am asking because in my own opinion, it is tiring in the hands. I am not a keyboardist but I want to explore things. That's me. I hope someone could help me. Best regards.

2017-11-24 18:28:49

FLackers,  Well, with the death of Sonar, we're having to migrate to a new DAW.  Additionally, I have the NVDA add-on for making Addictive Drums 2 accessible, and there are a few developments since I last made a video.  SOme of the instrument parameters and what not can now be controlled to some degree, although still not 100% fully functional, it's an improvement, and this setup allows for kit piece selection, control, and even able to navigate presets, assign outputs, and midi mapping etc etc.   

As for the delay, you need to run an ASIO driver, and if you don't have one, make sure you download and use ASIO4ALL for windows.  That software has been a lifesaver at times.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel