2017-11-13 14:40:19

I got this in an email please read below. Its out or should be in January.  also this is good for the orbit reader20 because it'll keep driving the price of braille displays down even more.

Greetings from Innovision!
This email is in reply to the Pre-order interest survey that you or a representative from your firm submitted (link - https://tinyurl.com/BrailleMe-Survey). 
Thank you for showing your interest in Innovision (www.innovisiontech.co) and our product, BrailleMe - a Smart Braille Display for the visually impaired community.
I am excited to inform you that we are launching Braille Me, world's most affordable smart braille display at USD 399/- on the 4th of January celebrating the World Braille Day. Let me give you an overview of Braille Me.
About Braille Me -
Ever Since Louis Braille invented the wonderful script of Braille, it has been adopted all across the globe empowering millions of individuals. Today, after 200 years we are on the verge of a revolution in Braille. Braille Me, is built to bring digital braille to everyone immaterial of their geographical, economic or lingual background.
It has a six-dot 20-cell braille display, a Perkins-style keypad, cursor routing buttons and few navigation keys.  It has capabilities to work as a stand-alone editor and also connect to smartphones and computers via Bluetooth and USB. It is a balanced device with core features of a complex notetaker while having the simplicity of a braille display.
Braille Me has become possible due to two breakthroughs in Affordability and multi-language. Braille Me is designed with our patented Braille cell technology which makes the device cost-effective by an order of magnitude compared to existing products and supports more than 40 languages spanning all across the globe.
To know more about Braille Me please check our demonstration video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz1cUZcf-1A
Also check out our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/InnovisionTechnologies/
Reaching out:
We are eager to serve you and look forward to engaging with you. Currently, we are looking for partners who can help us in the distribution and training in your state/country. Please let us know if you are part of or are in touch with any Institute for Visually impaired, commercial distributors of disability aids or NGOs working in your area.
Your help in identifying key partners would go a long way in expediting distribution of Braille Me in your locality.
We hope you would join us in this effort to bring digital braille to every student and professional in need.
In case you have any queries, please feel free to reach out to our team at [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you. 
--
Warm Regards
Shyam Shah
CEO & Co-founder
INNOVISION
www.innovisiontech.co
Inline image 1
DISCLAIMER: This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. The opinions expressed are those of the sender and do not necessarily reflect those of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard is appreciated.

2017-11-13 17:18:13

Wow, after alot of years, a kiaper braille display than my phone, so, I definitely want one of these.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-11-13 17:35:54

I wish that they would start making these displays in bigger models... 32 or 40 cell. 18-20 is too small and only allows reading of a few words at a time... but this is a start at least, and hopefully we will start seeing bigger equivalents soon... it would be nice if they could've developed in ranges for people to choose.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-11-13 19:27:54

That sounds really interesting. For that price, I could even get used to the 20 cells xD.
Just one thing. Only 6 dots? How are you supposed to type capital letters then?

2017-11-13 20:01:18

Dot 6 followed by the letter, which is traditional... and I guess for the price I can't really complain about 20 cells either. Still, having lived with an 18 cell for the last few years, I would really like at least 32 cells.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-11-13 21:24:15

I'm glad a release date has actually been set for this thing, I've gotten pretty jaded over the past few years about tech of this kind ever surfacing. I know the Orbit Reader is out, kind of, but you still can't buy it on a large scale yet. So if this one turns out to be good, I think I'll grab it. more cells would be nice, but honestly, beggars can't be choosers at this point. Low cost Braille displays should have been a thing years ago, so I'll take what I can get.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2017-11-13 22:58:38

I was getting warried about Orbit Reader. On APH website it still displays that it's coming soon, and it's been a year now or even more since that announcement. I really wanna buy it.

2017-11-13 23:02:04

If I will get it, it will be good with 20 cels, no more need to use talkback with loud voice to hear it, cause I do not want for all to hear my mesages.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-11-14 02:29:17

Uhh... Am I the only one who notices the disclaimer on the bottom of the posted email that explicitly says NOT! to repost/share that email?

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2017-11-14 02:52:19

I didn't read the "whole" message, though I did watch the video. Quite excited!
As for Josh and "sharing" this email, shame on ya! Alass, at least we have something coming that will really mean something...

2017-11-14 03:06:45

Refresh rate is conveniently missing.
If it's low, then their goes at least half of it's usefulness.

2017-11-14 06:39:28

Video says its fast, but doesn't give numbers.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-11-14 10:14:37

It is just so sad that they have patented there braille technology.

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2017-11-15 03:21:06

Oh, my bad, durhrhrhrhr.
Still, I wonder what fast means to them?

2017-11-15 06:59:37

I actually didn't notice that disclaimer, and I'm usually good at picking up on things like that. Well shit, the cat is long out of the bag now, this same message was posted on a bunch of email lists I'm subscribed to, and this dude has a track record of sharing things that are supposed to be kept under wraps.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2017-11-15 07:03:27

I hope this isn't another failed experiment like the Orbit Reader.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-11-15 09:24:59

Yeah, I'm at the "I'll believe it when I own it" stage of faith in this sort of thing.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-11-19 08:41:17

If, This display does come out, I definitely would like to get my hands on it. I never was able to get my hands on the orbit reader, but I did want to see that one as well. Now, I would love to see a comparison rate between both displays on what they can and can’t do.

2018-04-30 03:33:09

the refresh rate of braill me is 300 milliseconds. you can find the latest manual on the innovision support page.

2018-04-30 07:26:54

Interesting. Thanks for sharing this...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen