2017-11-02 15:34:07

Hi,
If you create an object and you don't put the splitdebris line in the properties file, what will the default behaviour be? I noticed that the videogame object file only has the first two lines without the split debris line being in there.

2017-11-02 15:51:28

Hi,
I believe it will still split up into debris anyway. If you don't want it to, set it to 0.

2017-11-02 22:09:53

another suggestion would be funny comments the game or other characters in the game can speak, depending on your actions and the objects. A bit like some arcade machines give comments within the game, motivating you, taunt you and others. Could be funny if there's speech of this sort in the game.

2017-11-02 22:15:09

Or, you add additional caracters to help you in you're flipping and all that pa...

73 Wj3u

2017-11-03 00:44:06

nah, you can flip objects your self. What about objects that can and will try to flip you? hahahahahahahahahahahaha

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2017-11-03 05:50:07 (edited by Slender 2017-11-03 05:51:18)

What would be the sound for a player being flipped though? LOL. That feature was considered between me and Omar, but we weren't sure what the sound would be.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2017-11-03 15:44:11

Hi,
I am also not sure about that.
I have another arcade style mode idea, I don't know what to call it though, arcade mode just sounds kind of generic but makes sense, it goes like this:
You have to clear the grid before time runs out, and each time you clear the grid you advance to a new wave of objects, until yo can't handle it. So This could have some fun stuff like between waves there could be one of those score counter thingies a bit like audio strike that counts up the points longer the more you have, there could be time bonus for clearing the grid quickly or clearing it at a clutch moment (on the last second), and stuff like that.

2017-11-03 16:12:46 (edited by CritterPup 2017-11-03 19:46:59)

Would the sound of you being flipped not be that of someone hitting the ground? Like you are hitting concrete? Maybe you could hear the sounds of the objects around you as you soar through the air to crash to the ground.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-11-03 17:17:55

Yeah. And the entire audio environment ought to move around to indicate that you're flying through the air. Now, what should the consequences of being flipped be? If you just hit the ground, possibly a time lockout during which you can't do anything because you're recovering. But possibly get thrown on the floor enough and you start to take hits to some of your stats. Now, if you hit another object in the process, and especially if that starts a chain reaction where stuff goes everywhere, you could get hurt more, or possibly even killed (game over) if a bunch of stuff fell on top of you? Hmmmm.

2017-11-03 17:26:25

OK, so new update. This makes time attack a bit more interesting and makes missiles a little less rare in that mode.
Also adds time bonuses.
As for the idea of you being flipped, I could do that, and lucky for me I do have quite a bit of body fall noises I could use. This sounds really awesome!
Thanks guys!

2017-11-03 19:45:41

Thinking of making a lightsaber object myself. Probably wouldn't have any debris though as lightsabers are pretty small.

2017-11-03 19:48:50

But if the containment crystal was broken, when you flip it, there could be drastic consequences.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-11-03 19:50:58

Hello. nice game, but will you add more things to break,? for example, some people, hahaha, or some machines, old computers, windows, etc? thanks. smile

2017-11-03 19:58:53

Lol I just had a crazy idea. One of the objects should be a trash can! At time of creation, it's set up to have a random amount of stuff in it. When you flip it over, all the stuff comes flying out, so depending on how full it was, it could create a few or possibly several dozen pieces of debris!

2017-11-03 21:22:19

In this game, you obtained a total score of 1565330 points, and destroyed a total of 4345 objects.
Is it just me or are their less items on the map at once in this latest version?
Oh, and, get your speed to max, launch a missile from one side of the map to the other and right away follow it, it's fun.

2017-11-03 21:49:45

Rofl jBird! Are we making references to easy in the trash? smile
@defender: Yes, there are a hair less objects on screen in this latest update, however I think that's the last reduction, probably ever. I'm trying to find a fair balance between being friendly to lesser capable machines, and still being extremely chaotic, since, you know, that is the idea this game was founded on, sort of. Lol.
@kratos, the objects folder is open, so you can add objects as you please. The information required to create one is in the (slightly outdated) readme.
I don't know if I will have the time to make this update at all this weekend, as I might be away from the pc.
Thanks guys!

2017-11-03 23:11:58

I'm working on the ability for you to be able to upload objects through php or something so you won't have to email me, since nobody has done that. If i put it in php maybe it'll encourage them. But what do you think should be the file size limit for one object zip? Also I still wish we had behind pitch decrease or something, i can't tell if an item is in front or behind me and it makes it impossible for me to get them!

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2017-11-04 00:42:11

alright, after fighting with php and apache things, I now have uploading zip files directly possible. Currently 5 megabytes limit. The page will now list the uploaded files as well as provide the upload form. Enjoy! Link is as follows:
http://bit.ly/ttf_objs

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2017-11-04 00:47:15

Hey guys,
Just dropping by briefly to let you all know there's a minor update. It adds behind pitch decrease and some other adjustments.
As always, grab it from the link above.
I'm super excited to see a lot of you took a liking to this! Rather surprising, honestly.
Happy flipping!

2017-11-04 02:10:02

@slender
sorry, I wasn't checking this topic so didn't see that. About that sound when you get hit, it can be a shout like hey what are you doing dickedson! I meen, if you really want put in something less rood, we don't want this game to have a content flag! rofl!

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2017-11-04 03:50:19

Hi again,
Minor update that hopefully fixes the bug where some custom items wouldn't generate debris. Colton's bomb object should now generate debris, like real bombs do, rofl.
As always, grab it from the link above.

2017-11-04 08:11:10

All righty! Lightsaber object has been uploaded to the repo.

2017-11-04 12:52:17

Hi.
Wow, I like the game. Thanks to Colton for making an upload page for objects.
it would be cool if you could get hit when destroying objects, loos health and die. My only complaint is it's too easy to just level up, upgrade all the skills and just keep destroying and blowing things up. It would be awesome to add a kind of difficulty to the game, which makes it challenging to do that. Maybe something like you need to step away when things collapses to avoid getting hit. What do you think about this idea?
The upload page and being able to download other peoples objects is great. But it would be awesome if the game had a build in object downloader. I have no idea on how difficult it would be to make that.
Trophies would be totally epic. That might get people totally addicted to the game, more than people already are. big_smile Keep up the great job.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-11-05 04:31:12

New object. Slender.zip, an object based off of, well, me, of course. Download it here

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2017-11-05 09:20:25

Hi all, is the repo link in the first post? i can't seem to find it in all the other ones. I've seen it, but, It's hiding from me now. Lol.