2017-11-02 08:45:01

Wow STW. I have to take a small break of lifetime to just opine about a few things that should serve me as a normal player, without offense or anything.
Can I know what is remaining to do after completing all the quests? No shit remains, quests only come in more than 5 months or 6 and then nothing remains. Nothing at all. All what Sam tries to do is do some little serverside thingies just to calm people down and all of his time is for Redspot. You ask him he says he has studies, studies. Ok studies I will not count you for it. But if you took the time to update STW and add things into it to make it more beautiest and mmotivative instead of spending time for a game that is usually hated by the majority because of its redundant nonsense that happens all the time, would that take away your studies or put 0 on all of your degree?
So I see, Redspot. Yes it has a lot of sounds, new ones. A lot of things that always happen and always something new to expect. Although it is less to like than STW. Yup STW has adults and mature people to play it and that's what differs it than Redspot. Because the community is conscious and respected, Redspot is a non stop arguments and always at the same topic of bases and shit.
Dear Jesus in Heaven. Sam look into what you are doing and take a think. What have you done to STW and to Redspot, see the differences and see which of them gave you the sense or which of them made people happy and played it without worries, I do not like to sound offensive but look. Take it:
What was the events crap supposed to be? Since 2015 now nothing happened of them, the idea is ruin, nothing is being made out of them, although you were as far as I can think, supposed to be making them. And yet we can not join them, I swear to God even some people forgot of them by now. At least make a PK event for folk to enjoy, or some event of collecting items or at least killing animals to give people enjoynment and less boring time.
See? The idea is ruin. The gameplay became unpleasant and depressing to carry.
You guys wonder why Redspot keeps growing and STW gets down? It's because of your money. I can damn see it because there is no other option, how is Sam paying for all the new sounds of RS? The server? So Sam has gained confidence of himself just because of those innocent folks who buy from the STW store. So the money all gets spent on RS, guys your money is being misused and you are not gaining fun out of them, except some few things you get like dfc's or something but they eventually end, and the fun goes to be made in RS, and you guys are , clearly, the reason of it. Because I see that there is no real reason other than that
What Sam is clearly doing and I see it in my eyes is tell people, I will not do shit, update to redspot. But there is something you want to think of, that STW has its people, and RS has its people. So what you are doing to RS is not what you are doing to STW
I can see another reason why Sam is confident in himself and only updates RS is because, he usually relies on his helpful admins. Because they do all the good shit to serve the game and maintain it. Let's take an example
Smoke J - Black Screen Gaming. They have done 3 PK events and one mountain race. And pretty much all of them gave something that was made out of real money. Except the mountain race which gave only a shit ton of drugs and grenades. Not to mention the other admins who continuously build maps and no doubt that Smoke J, I can say everything is smoke J for what he made. They also have lives like you do, but they come and stay for a very long time and that's done only to help players and serve them so that he doesn't have to worry about anything, nor he would come to do a very little thing and that is to move a player out of unknown area.
I will not say that there is clearly nothing done, no I would be guilty. But there are maps, yes pretty much a lot of them but the game shouldn't end to that point. What counts now is that there is nothing new for client updates, the same boring serie repeats everyday and some players will even get away from it or delete their characters. People have already figured the maps that were built, you can't really expect them to be confused everyday of maps they completed
Who do the fun? Admins. Who usually build? Admins, mostly Smoke J. Who moves players out of unknown area? Admins. Is there anything else that admins do and Sam doesn't? Yes of course. Who sits a whole day online to get pm's and admintells to respond? Admins. So Sam relies on admins. Imagine the game if the admins were like Sam and care only from time to time, imagine how the game would be.
It's enough. One year of no client update for STW while RS might have got over 6 updates. Players are not requesting too much, you need suggestions and they give you, just like how players suggested things to be added in RS and you did them, but in STW? I won't say anything... It's obvious and I'll not blame anyone who complains now because I did see a lot of complains at out of character, and as a developer you are, you must be responsible and you must do what players request in order because you intend to make fun for them, so you got to complete your task. Or otherwise do not be surprised when all will eventually stop playing.

Life is one so live it

2017-11-02 09:29:54

Having said all that, I hope you're able to move on and find something else to play. It is of course okay to complain, but then people should move on.
I have also complained about STW. I got basically told to shut the fuck up, got shitty comments from one of the admins who also chose to go off topic, and tried to blame me for something which I didn't care about at all. People started to tell me that I always posted negative comments on the forum, which is not true. People basically told me just to get used to it, or fuck off. I just shared my opinions and told what I don't like about the game. Maybe I said this in a wrong way... Afterwards, I really did my best to get used to what I don't like, but failed. I died a lot of time in unfair ways, in my opinion.
The attitude from some of the players and one of the admins currently doesn't motivate me to come back and give the game an other try. This is sad that one of the newest features in STW has turned the game into something which makes a lot of players to leave the game. I have spend a lot of time introducing new players to the game back in time then it was fun to play. I know a lot of players who have left the game, because they also find the new heat feature way too challenging to master. They just don't talk about it...
Having said all that, I have moved on and found other things to do and other games to play. It's sad that you can't tell what you don't like about a game without getting told to shut up and just get used to it, which properly means things won't be changed. Attitudes like this don't make people come back. But again, I have moved on. I might start playing the game again in the future, depending on in which direction the game goes...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-11-02 10:13:01

I have tried to play stw but my char always got deleted for some reason so I was never able to try it like I did redspot. But, what you have said is true. the intire stw game depends very mutch of admins. I meen, it's ok for him not to come online as mutch as he's on redspot, but to not releace a mager update in more then a year? That is outrageous. And, hell yeah I am still wondering where did that stw money from the store go. Sound libraries? redspot. very good servers? redspot. In short, he stopped caring about stw completely I have heard someone say that he was on one time, but that was about, wait? 4 to 6 weeks ago?
ANd, this is what I call a chain reaction. Because he rushed to make the redspot community happier, he made his stw playerbase angry. it seems that there is no way out of this mess I think, But hmmm. Expect that there are always his pals to have his back.
@SLJ
Yeah. The same thing got when I posted that tk topic. It seems that this community of ours, well, just thought that posting a topic about not liking a game has gon alittle bit to farr?

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2017-11-02 11:22:25

I think I should thank myself for posting this opinion, because it is a hard truth but it is to maintain the game and not destroy it. So Sam hass a chance, if he wants to develop it and give an equal justice to all of his games users. Or if he wish to keep it as it is now, it will fall apart and everyone will be happy to leave if that's what he wants

Life is one so live it

2017-11-02 11:29:29

i agree with post 1. we haven't seenb a real update for over a year now with real features. nothing new. just the same boring gameplay over and over.
if it wasn't for the fun events that bsg puts up now and then   i wouldn't play the game because it's simply not worth playing and especially when you know that the dev is focusing on something else.
and there's another thing. where does the money we pay for go? let me guess. redspot and the server.
the money that we put in to help make stw better is not even going to stw it's self. it's going to redspot that at least me in no way want to pay for if i buy something from the stw store.
when you take money for something. you as a dev have the responsibility to show us, the customers that you're using the money that we, the players give you to show our support for the game to actually improve the game and don't go away, take our money and work on something else all the time without even show us, the customers and players that you care about what we give you by actually, at least be on the game now and then. put up some fun event. chat with us or best of all. work on the game and show us that what we give you is worth something.

2017-11-02 11:58:20

@1 the thing is that this is exactly what admins are there for. Their here to make sure the game's atmosphere is being kept at a normal level and that the rules are not broken. But their also area builders and event hosts. I ask you, what would alter aeon be without its many builders that are always working on new areas and quests for people to explore? What would cosmic rage be without the builder hosts that are working to build new planets and space stations? As these muds have their builders, stw has them. From what I've seen sam alternates between stw and redspot. You're saying that there are no events happening in stw, but that's not true in fact there's a pk event happening just three days from now, also from what I understand a new form of shelter just recently got added which I don't even know how to build yet. Personally I think managing two online games at once is a bit much to do for only one dev, but if that's what sam wants to do then so be it. Besides, why do you guys think sam is paying so much atention to redspot? Maybe its because of all the complainers and all the topics that were started about redspot recently, and he has to address them all. Have you ever thought of that?

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-11-02 12:12:08

oh really? i didn't see sam in once when the sheltor got added. and it's basicly an item and items can't make the game really more balanced. only features can. i'm sure more items could be added but that's not the point here.
the issue here is the dev who doesn't care about the fact that his players who pay him money expect results from that money on the product that they are supporting by purchasing items from the stw store. not the redspot store.
and there has always been complains about redspot so that's not an excuse to not work on stw.
no. if it wasn't for stw and people who believes that they're supporting the game by purchasing things from the stw redspot wouldn't be running.
no. me personally wouldn't buy a singel thing from the stw store until i see that the dev is activly working to make stw a more, balanced and fun game for everyone which he doesn't anymore.

2017-11-02 12:26:21

Connor, as far as I know that admins are the ones who code items, not Sam himself. Not always Sam, admins can code. And the shelter idea  I think must have been suggested by Smoke because I doubt Sam would do it, I am sure that Smoke did it. And I am not talking about the PK events, those PK events are being ran by an admin who pays out of his pocket instead of Sam. We have /joinevent and special event commands that Sam made and were supposed to be used for fun and for making free events, but they were never done.

Life is one so live it

2017-11-02 12:30:01

agreed

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2017-11-02 12:43:20

@post 1 read:
Message of the day: recent updates:
ALERT! There is a new STW PK Event! Registration is currently open, figure out your team before messaging Smoke. Read everything here. www.blackscreengaming.com/stw/pk_event
Survival_packs have had a slight content change, and can no longer be found on the campground.
There has been a new big craftable item added to the game. It is very difficult and a very long crafting process, but i think worth the time. The three hints i can give are, you will need oyster shells in something at some point, there is a new alternitive use for a type of string, also the description of the U Shape has been updated to give a hint about one part of the process.
you can now untrust inactive players, or type /trustclear to clear your trust list.
air_necklesses are no longer droppable.
You can no longer place shelters in trees.
gift amounts have been changed so you will no longer get 50 of a random piece of clothing at a time.
for the king's ornithology quest, now to complete a part of the quest you must have completed all previous parts of the quest. If you haven't you will not recieve a  reward. Other quests will be updated soon as well.
because there is over 2,300,000 coins in the game, there has been inflation. there is no other option but to raise prices because of how many coins are currently in the game, raging out will not fix this.
the crafting recipie for the hammer has been changed to make it more realistic.
older announcements:
you now have to manage your game temp. you can do this with the W key. clothing effects temp, use logic when choosing clothing. hot stuff makes you hot, light stuff keeps you cool.
high energy is now very nonbenifitial, after 3,000 energy you will suffer bad consiquences, this was to fix something that was broken for along time.
new characters or characters who die, will have a wallet in stead of coins in their inventory.
- the teleporter location list has had a few entries added
by only posting this message of the day i can say that there are new features and there aren't only quests.  there are new maps as well but if you didn't explore them  you can't know it.

Paul

2017-11-02 12:59:42

SO I log in to STW and see there's 24 players online. I logged in a few days ago and saw like 49. My point is, there's so much playerbase in that game that Sam probably thinks the STW players are happy because they continue to play it. So, all this complaing, for nothing? You continue to play the game...so really, you're not really showing him that you want something new. While I do think that he should consider listening to people for once in his life, you also have to show him that you really want this. Also, did you guys know that because of the redspot server lag in version 0.70 when bases were addded, he got a new server? Where and how is he paying for that server that's so powerful? Survive the wild store! Idk...but STW's about to go on its 2 year mark with no real update. The last update was sometime earlier this year, and the only reason why he even updated it, was because he had to switch servers.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2017-11-02 16:46:28

See, the problem with STW is the fact that yes, the admins can build things, but they're limited on what they can and can't build. If Sam hasn't added the item that you can build to that available list of items, the admins can't build it. And before you know it your going to find repetition because Sam doesn't add new features that balance the game. Also, about that server... well, you know, since it's a windows server, and not a Linux one, he's paying more for the server than he should be paying for it. On Vultr, a windows server is an extra $16.00. And I'm quite positive Vultr had to cut a lot of corners to get that done. And on the AWS Marketplace, Windows Server (the latest is Microsoft Windows Server 2016 with Containers) is $3.50 per hour, $2,548.00 per month, and $30,660.00 per year, and that's on the recommended EC2 instance type. Of course, RS can't be moved to Linux, so Windows is Sam's only option. He could use Wine, but setting up a server like that through Wine on a system without a VNC connection and a desktop environment is tricky.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2017-11-02 17:00:48

SLJ wrote:

Having said all that, I hope you're able to move on and find something else to play. It is of course okay to complain, but then people should move on.
I have also complained about STW. I got basically told to shut the fuck up, got shitty comments from one of the admins who also chose to go off topic, and tried to blame me for something which I didn't care about at all. People started to tell me that I always posted negative comments on the forum, which is not true. People basically told me just to get used to it, or fuck off. I just shared my opinions and told what I don't like about the game. Maybe I said this in a wrong way... Afterwards, I really did my best to get used to what I don't like, but failed. I died a lot of time in unfair ways, in my opinion.
The attitude from some of the players and one of the admins currently doesn't motivate me to come back and give the game an other try. This is sad that one of the newest features in STW has turned the game into something which makes a lot of players to leave the game. I have spend a lot of time introducing new players to the game back in time then it was fun to play. I know a lot of players who have left the game, because they also find the new heat feature way too challenging to master. They just don't talk about it...
Having said all that, I have moved on and found other things to do and other games to play. It's sad that you can't tell what you don't like about a game without getting told to shut up and just get used to it, which properly means things won't be changed. Attitudes like this don't make people come back. But again, I have moved on. I might start playing the game again in the future, depending on in which direction the game goes...

slj, I sent you a pm

2017-11-02 17:19:59

Hi.
Regarding to the STW store: It is a way to donate to the game to keep the game going, not to request more features. It's up to the players to choose if they wanna donate or not. you have a choice to play for free, if you don't find it worth it to donate.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-11-02 18:51:47

I was actually going to post this in the RS topic that I posted to yesterday, but after reading this thread, it applies to here as well.
I have a couple more observations to make.  Most people are intrinsically what they are going to be by the age of five.  Does that mean that they cannot acquire wisdom through experience and mistakes?  No.  Does it mean that they cannot change the way they handle situations, circumstances, or adversity?  Of course not.  But fundamentally, core beliefs and personality traits have been set, and it will most likely take a very traumatic, life-altering experience to shake someone's core violently enough to change them in any significant way.  That means that if intrinsically a person is sweet and tenderhearted, those traits will more readily be evident as they grow into adulthood; the same applies to those who tend toward being acerbic and phallic in their dealings with others.  Right and wrong is also instilled at a very young age; by the age of 12 a child knows that it is wrong to cheat, lie, steal, etc.  I believe that what hurts a child/adolescent most is that they do not have a clear understanding of their true personality or their strengths and weaknesses, and they do not recognize (or fail to acknowledge) that they need help; therefore, they blindly muddle through, hoping for the best.  Let's take the whole Redspot (and now STW) thing, for example:
I do not know Sam beyond the few chat sessions we have had related to questions I had in re coding of my own project.  I am not aware of what his actual age is, and as such, I can only go by what I have seen in these threads.  I do not know him well enough as a person to speak on his personality traits and the like.  I will say that it is absolutely normal for human beings to create social groups of like-minded individuals, or individuals with who they share commonalities of interests, hobbies, etc.  His desire to play a game with the friends that he enjoys is absolutely reasonable.  Some people make friends much easier than others; some people have friends numbering in the upper double digits, while some count themselves lucky to have only one or two.  Personality plays a role in this, most definitely.  I suspect that it is much easier for an ESTP or ESFJ to make friends than it is for an INTP or INTJ.  So if Sam has only a select few true friends, then of course, he's going to want to enjoy something that he developed with them.  That being said, no advantage should be given to his friends solely based on that fact, and that applies to the developer as well.  As to the rest, based on what I have read (assuming that credibility is not in issue; it is more difficult to distinguish truth, and the level thereof from each side, where the printed word is the only medium presented) in terms of his unwillingness to change, his refusal to try new ideas, etc., I have to wonder if this is a case where he's not seeing strengths/weaknesses in himself, specifically the weakness of not adapting to change well.  While we all struggle against change to some degree as part of the human condition, some deal with it more easily than others.  Moreover, maybe a part of his reluctance stems from not wanting a particular idea or dream that he envisioned when he first started developing this project to die, or to be altered to such an extent as to render it virtually dead.  Such staunch reluctance (no matter the reason for it), while understandable to a degree, however, is something which in the long-term will more likely than not serve to cause more difficulties than it alleviates and will most likely alienate players from your project, and recognition of these facts might serve Sam well in the future.
Ideally, knowing your personality, and what strengths and weaknesses you bring to the table can help immensely in a case such as this.  If I were going to develop an online game such as this, I would choose for my admins an ENTJ as my top guy for their leadership qualities, and I would want a team of at least an ENTP, ENFP, INTP, and ISTP.
It is my hope that Sam will learn more about himself over the coming years, because from all that I have read in these threads, it appears that he has the potential in terms of actual coding.  Now he just needs to recognize when the social aspect of things is beyond what he can handle, and ask for help when he needs it.

2017-11-02 19:18:41 (edited by flackers 2017-11-02 19:22:15)

I personally have a big problem with the way STW makes money, and in a wider sense the way games these days raise money that way, especially the ones aimed at young children. Children have little patience, so telling them you can have something for free if you grind at the game for a month or so, or you can have it right now if you pay 3.99 or whatever is such an insidiously greedy way of getting people to unwittingly pay loads more than they realise for a game.
I'm happy to pay for a game as good as STW, and would have donated the dollar equivalent of £25 or so anyway, or as it's an online multiplayer game, would happily pay an annual subscription of up to 40 quid. I have capped my spending on the STW store at £40 per year. When I hit that amount, no more DFCs or teleporters, which will undoubtedly mean no more STW; dying and having to craft everything from the beginning is not an option. I did it about five times before I gave in and bought my first DFC. I couldn't have carried on playing if I had to start from scratch every time I died, it would just be way too time-consuming and repetitive. The thing is, the pacing/playability of STW could be vastly improved if it weren't for the fact it'd clash with the revenue stream. Things like having to constantly stop to check with the camera when at a location where you could fall to your death: it could be a lot quicker to move around if like in BK, there's an echo that plays so you know when you're coming to a drop. It could be quicker to get from map to map by not having your energy run out so fast or have to stop to use something to cool off or change clothes, or sleep. And there could be a warning when your thirst gets up to dangerous levels, which can happen surprisingly quickly while you're distracted by chat or whatever. But here's the rub, those kinds of playability improvements would mean fewer purchases of DFCs, teleporters, and energy drinks etc, so it's not going to happen. I'll just stop playing when I have spent as much as I'm going to.

2017-11-02 19:35:26

I agree with Flackers 100% on micro transactions.  I've been pressured for years to use them in my own games, but I still won't do it.  Yes it's an easy way to make more money, but in principle I feel it is taking advantage of people more than it's providing them a good value for their money.  I wish that system hadn't become so popular in mobile games, leading to it rearing its ugly head in nearly everything these days.  It's a system designed to prey upon people with poor self control and addictive personalities.  Unless some situation I can't currently foresee pops up, you won't be seeing micro transactions in my games.

Sorry, rant over.  I just really liked Flacker's post and wanted to support him on it.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2017-11-02 20:03:42

Aprone wrote:

I agree with Flackers 100% on micro transactions.  I've been pressured for years to use them in my own games, but I still won't do it.  Yes it's an easy way to make more money, but in principle I feel it is taking advantage of people more than it's providing them a good value for their money.  I wish that system hadn't become so popular in mobile games, leading to it rearing its ugly head in nearly everything these days.  It's a system designed to prey upon people with poor self control and addictive personalities.  Unless some situation I can't currently foresee pops up, you won't be seeing micro transactions in my games.

Sorry, rant over.  I just really liked Flacker's post and wanted to support him on it.

yup I have to agree here.

2017-11-02 20:23:26

agree with flacker for the most part
but here's the thing. although the game is free to play it has things like account upgrades etc.  and when you buy that, that means that you believe in the product that the developer is making and as such, when you ask people to give you money, that in general means that you want the money to make your product better. especially if your game is still a beta.
that's why these things needs to come up. stw needs this money to keep going and everyone knows it.
as such, when you take the money and you still give the impression that the game will sstill be worked on and reach version1.0 and you then grab the money that was first intended for stw and server cost and put it on something else that people who pays for stw doesn't know anything about is simply saying, fuck off, i don't give a shit about you and it doesn't matter what you gave me.
and that's one of the reasons why i even bother complaining about this because of all the money that people spend on stw without seeing any indications that the game is being truely updated or that it'll reach version1.0.
@ivan you're right for once

2017-11-02 20:27:40

I just wanted to add a few things quick. Yes in the past all BSG events and giveaways were funded out of pocket for STW and other games. This time they are actually being funded by Sam. All donations that anyone gives to BSG only go to site costs as well, not for events or giveaways, for me this seems like it would be wrong. I agree with allot of what is being said here, but wanted to make that clear so folks don’t have the wrong impression. When it comes to the PK events, these are all done by admins including the PK arena. I made the maps and run registration and organization. I always rope Akilor into being a ref for the events so we can run two arenas at the same time. It is no secret I try to put these together just to hopefully put some juice into the game after it starts to look anemic. The issue is they take allot of time and work to run and put together.

As for the new items being added. Yes admins have the ability to do some scripting on the server to make items and new stuff. Sam did some server code to allow us to do this a few months back. The shelter recipe was wrote by me, and it took a hell of a long time. I also made the new shelter maps. Sam had to do some server code to allow for new types of shelters to be added. I also wrote the new hammer recipe. Akilor wrote the new survival packs, after all admins agreed on it being changed to help with a flood of survival pack items in the game. Sam added the ability to clear trust lists, before that masters on the game received 1 to 5 messages a day for the past year asking people to clear their trust lists, and we essentially ragged on Sam until he changed it. This is not uncommon, this is our normal way of getting stuff done lol. The same for air necklaces and putting shelters in trees. For the kings ornithology quest, that was possible awhile ago but recently changed after I figured out how to do it. I changed the prices of items in vending machines for the inflation as it says in the MOTD. Temperature and the fix to high energy was Sam coding it after the admins all  came to him with the problem and we worked on a way to fix it. Temperature does need to be adjusted, the limits are not balanced properly, and I think everyone is aware of that. It works for places it is suppose to be really hot or cold, but for those places in the midrange it is not how it should work, at least not in my opinion and that of others. Sam coded it along time ago so admins can update the teleporter locations and that is updated by admins completely now. Also admins control how much of what is received in gifts after Sam coded that on the server. In summary, yes allot of what happens on the game is admins. Over time more and more has become available to use to help the game move along and to add new items. The issue is, yes allot of the stuff we can do is the same old stuff with a new name with a slightly altered effect. We are trying but we are very limited in what can and can’t be done. With the new changes like temperature and energy, those were bitter things to swallow for allot of players, and the best way to make up for this is for some sugar added to the game. The sugar was never added though, and it is allot harder to accept the bitter without something sweet to counteract it. Energy caps were needed yes, temperature is a good thing just not balanced properly, and we need new self-renewable content for the game. I have been thinking on a BSG blog post detailing allot of this and the specifics, so I won’t go into it now as I do not have all the ideas and thoughts fully formulated in my head.

Also, just so everyone is aware, we somewhat recently had a STW admin meeting that lasted about 6 hours talking about all of this. We came to some really good conclusions and brainstormed what I thought was very good additions to the game. The biggest issue is there is so much half done on the STW update that I don’t know when or if any of it will be released. The last true client update was in august of 2016, and that was a long long time ago.

I am sure many have noticed the previously super active admin group has really started to log in less frequently. We all keep in very close contact and we all have our reasons, but they are all based in the same root problems. Where is STW going to be, why do we put in so much work, what is the end game for all the time we’ve spent on it. For me personally, I cannot answer any of these questions, I find it more and more difficult to be optimistic, I just don’t see where the game is going. At times it seems hopeful, while a week later it seems hopeless.

I think I’ll try to get the admins all together again and see if we can come up with a plan and bring it to Sam with the most important things we think need to be done. I think that combined with transparency on what is being worked on and what isn’t could start to move STW in a direction to benefit the players and admins. I can speak for all admins by saying we want STW to improve, but there is only so much that can be done. Attempts have been made at this in the past with mixed results, sometimes we see major steps, at other times there is not much of anything as a result. I do not like that the players don’t know half of what is being worked on with games they play, not with only STW but all games, and I plan on trying to remedy this on a platform that is not as toxic and terrible as these forums. Sorry but I don’t even read these anymore unless someone sends me a direct link, it is just a cesspool of fuck this person, fuck this developer, you are stupid and here are all the reasons why mixed in with everyone who has nothing to add saying, “oh great another topic like this, stop posting these and shut up about it.”. Nothing constructive comes out of topics here, I am only posting this to hopefully allow the possibility of it happening for a change. I mean honestly, even some moderators here have to go out of their way to post on topics for no reasons other than pointing out how they dislike a game they don’t play and that they are watching everyone on a specific thread to make sure they all behave like good little children. For me personally this is not very productive, so yes I will try to help get info out and help move STW forward. Also don’t read that as I am shitting on all moderators here, cause I have good relationships not based in these forums with Aprone and Dark who I have major respect for. Honestly I don’t even know who all the other moderators are on the forums. And before anyone says anything, yes STW admins have said some stupid ass shit on these forums too, and trust me, as Jimmy knows the reaction he gets from me and a couple other admins is ungood when one of us does this. And no it isn’t from Sam, it is from us as an admin group, and the way we want to act as a group that represents a game. We sure are not perfect at doing this, if anyone comes online on STW during the holidays when allot of the admins have been partaking in adult beverages, well it gets interesting to say the least. But never in a bad way, at least judging from the reactions of everyone else who is usually pretty intoxicated as well.

Also at post 1, though I do thank you for the nice words, do realize that it is not just me who does stuff for the game. Each admin has their own strengths and their own specific thing they are best at. We do not have specific titles or anything like that, we all just seem to be best at certain things in game and we gravitate to those things. I think my best thing I offer is herding cats into some sort of organized form and trying to push things into action. Like with the major map release, that was allot of herding of cats to get that done and finished for everyone on the game to enjoy, but I didn’t write all the maps myself, allot yes but not all of them. I had the original idea bouncing around in my head for a long time, filling out and completing the main STW world, but I did not do all the map creations myself. I won’t speak for others but just know that not all is me, in fact I hardly log in much anymore, and when I do I don’t sit on the English channel, I am mainly just there in case someone needs help.

In summary, this is nothing new to the admins, but yes I am glad someone wrote this out in a reasonable way actually outlining issues and not throwing mud as is the norm here on the forums. I know it will be coming as it always does here, but nevertheless here I am writing out this reply. I really like STW and think it has really great potential, that mixed with the time spent on it already makes it hard to just let go and drop all together. So we try to help and make the game better, again not me but all the admins do, it is quite absurd how much the admins work on the game and how much time is spent into making it better and a good experience for as many players as possible. None of us have completely given up as of yet, but it is getting more difficult to put time into something we ourselves are not sure about. The only thing we can do is try to fix this in our own way, so I’ll try to herd cats, and see what comes out of it, and yes this time I’ll keep people up to date on what is going on behind the scenes. I have not cleared this with Sam, but I think it is necessary and good for the game, even if it is general information and not game specifics.

2017-11-02 20:28:40

What made you think that posting an entirely new topic was a good idea?
We already had two going on at the same time in general game discussion, you obviously saw them...
You should have just posted on those, or the Redspot and  STW threads in new releases.
This isn't rocket science, it's obvious that most people are tired of this by simply reading the first couple posts of those other two topics.

2017-11-02 20:43:38 (edited by Cornettoking 2017-11-02 20:46:33)

Hi there!
I agree with everything said here so far.
I just don't get why Sam is misusing the Money he gets from the STW store (that is, he uses it for Redspot)? just WHY?
JimmyDub has already written down my opinion on the store Thing quite well.
And to Smoke-J: With awesome admins like you on STW (I know there is some stuff that sparks controversy about admins, but in General everything is great), I am optimistic that this game will go great.
Best regards and happy Gaming!
Julian

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2017-11-02 20:44:54

those topics has nothing to do with stw. that's redspot. this is stw and it needs to be posted here so that everyone can see it and those who want can comment on it.
you should read post 20 again. that is a good post

2017-11-02 22:37:44

agree with sido. How ever may the same developer link the 2 games, they aren't the same so they should have different topics for them selvs.

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2017-11-02 23:12:34 (edited by defender 2017-11-02 23:14:14)

Still, a new topic isn't needed, just post in the existing ones, or yeah, make an STW specific new topic, Redspot has been done too much now...
And I'm not saying you can't get good posts out of topics like these, just that we should really be integrating them into existing threads when ever possible.
At this point, it does make us look bad, and it is a massive annoyance for much of the forum.