2017-10-06 23:49:27

I've been getting a 524 timeout error when trying to access audiogames.net for the past 3-4 days (currently posting from a different machine), thought something may have happened to the site, but it seems otherwise. Any ideas?

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2017-10-08 02:06:14

Hm, nothing? I should probably be a bit more descriptive... The problem only occurs with audiogames.net, when trying to access the site it stalls out and redirects to a Cloudflare error page:

Error 524 - A timeout occurred

Browser: Working >> Cloudflare: Working >> audiogames.net: Error

What happened?

The origin web server timed out responding to this request.

What can I do?

If you're a visitor of this website:

Please try again in a few minutes.

If you're the owner of this website:

The connection to the origin web server was made, but the origin web server timed out before responding. The likely cause is an overloaded background task, database or application, stressing the resources on your web server. To resolve, please work with your hosting provider or web development team to free up resources for your database or overloaded application. [Additional troubleshooting information here.]

There's also the Ray ID if required. The rig is currently running winxp with the latest firefox.

2017-10-08 09:59:41

How about try to refresh the page?

2017-10-08 23:20:37

Yes, i've tried that. I just switched to another browser and it seems to work fine now, so the problem is likely a combination of firefox and winxp. Sigh.

2017-10-12 04:01:01

I usually use Chrome or Safari to go to this forum. I don't rely much on Firefox thingy. It always crashes when visiting some sites.

2017-10-28 19:14:27

I am having the same problem on two Windows 7 X64 machines running Firefox 52 ESR, as recommended by Freedom Scientific to forestall accessibility problems with the upcoming Firefox update. I'm posting this from Internet Explorer on one machine where Firefox can't access the site. Pasted below is the complete error page after it tries to connect for a few minutes. This is affecting the entire audiogames.net site.

Note: The last two parts of my IP address have been redacted by me.

forum.audiogames.net | 502: Bad gateway
Retry for a live version

This page (
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewforum.php?id=6)
is currently offline. However, because the site uses Cloudflare's Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site. We will keep
checking in the background and, as soon as the site comes back, you will automatically be served the live version. Always Online™ is powered by
Cloudflare
|
Hide this Alert

Error 502 Ray ID: 3b4f785d058d555e • 2017-10-28 17:03:44 UTC
Bad gateway
You

Browser
Working
Chicago

Cloudflare
Working
forum.audiogames.net

Host
Error

What happened?

The web server reported a bad gateway error.

What can I do?

Please try again in a few minutes.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 3b4f785d058d555e • Your IP: 74.50.xxx.xxx • Performance & security by
Cloudflare

2017-10-28 19:20:20

Update! If I try to connect using HTTPS (secure connection) instead of HTTP (insecure connection) the error message says the origin web server timed out, instead of saying it returned a bad gateway error.

2017-11-01 05:49:55

You can download the user agent switcher to change your user agent string to that of a newer firefox version.

2017-11-01 09:44:06

Thanks! Just upgraded to Firefox 56 and turned off automatic updates. Now I can access the forum as before. I think it's ridiculous that Cloudflare does the timeout thing instead of, you know, maybe giving you a message that your browser is too old? Just my $0.02 worth.

2017-11-19 10:12:37

I am sorry, but It sometimes doesn't made those stupid things on Firefox at previous times, but now It starts yesterday too. I don't know, why.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2017-11-19 12:03:19

OK, I have installed a new Firefox, but I have a question. Have You somewhere old version of Firefox?
Thank You.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.