2017-10-18 03:50:47

Hello there,

My name is Nathan, or Nate, Wales. I'm a non-unionized Voice Over artist. I'm a sighted person who was given the wonderful opportunity to work on an incredible game with an emphasis on inclusion, story, character development, and quality.

In anticipation of that games release (I'm on pins and needles too!) I've been reading through some of the posts here concerning it. You folks seem just as excited as I do, so I thought I'd spend my time waiting for it in like minded company.

I'd also like to hear just how important voice acting is in your gaming experience. Essential? A perk? Not that big a deal at all really?

I'm sure I could go on and on, we VA's are wordy like that, but I'll cut off here.

- Nate Wales

2017-10-18 04:06:52

@Dark, Thanks for the hello message, appreciate that big_smile .

2017-10-18 10:08:44

Hi everyone,

I'm Michael, a Sound Designer working in games. I recently took part in Game Audio Jam & will make a post for feedback in the other sub forum. I'm sighted but as a Sound Designer I find Audio Games & anything audio can help with to make "traditional" games more accessible extremely interesting & important.

Have a great day all!

Thumbs up

2017-10-18 16:14:52

wow, a real crowd of new members today big_smile.

Serkan and Honk, welcome to the forum, your accounts are now unrestricted, hope you have fun around here.

"Nate, we always appreciate having developers on the forum and discussing games, indeed as someone who has voice acted in games before myself I'd be very interested in discussing voice acting specifically.

Hi Michael, any thought on audio jam or game access is definitely appreciated, hope you have fun around here.

And I think that is everyone (open's door, yells down guarden path, checks under rocks and behind trees, runs up to check from the roof, commands guard robots to do perimeter sweep, wonders whether it's possible to pinch the sensor array from the Enterprise to scan for life forms), Anymore for anymore?

Okay! hurrah!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-10-19 01:24:03

Hi,

My name is Lee Hobbs and I am a founder at AppA11y and we are creating game apps for the visually impaired.  I was hoping to get permission to post information about our games on this site. 

Thanks for the consideration.

Lee Hobbs
http://appa11y.com

Thumbs up

2017-10-19 10:06:51

Hello Lee and welcome.

Permission to post in this forum isnt' needed, we're always ready to welcome developers and players of audiogames.
the only reason we ask people to introduce themselves and restrict accounts until people have done so is because we've been having issues with spambots, hope this makes sense.

I look forward to reading about and playing your games.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-10-19 17:18:14

Hi all.  Bob Bates here. Former Infocom author. Former Legend Entertainment author.  I've written a new text adventure called Thaumistry: In Charm's Way, and I've been trying to respond to questions about accessibility in the New Games section, but was unable to post. I've only just figured out that I need to introduce myself first!

Anyway, I'm here now, so hopefully I will get whitelisted and will be able to join the conversation.

Cheers,

--Bob

Thumbs up

2017-10-20 15:46:10

Hi bob and welcome.

appologies it took a little longer than it should've, but your account is unrestricted now and we're looking forward to discussing Thaumistry and accessibility.

2017-10-20 19:53:08

Thanks, Dark!  --Bob

Thumbs up

2017-10-21 21:48:22

Hi everyone,

My name is Stefan Ruffler and I'm trying to forge a career in game audio. I thought this forum may be a good place to get some feedback on my sound design showreels.

All the best,
Stefan

Thumbs up

2017-10-22 10:09:53

Greetings Stefan and welcome.

This is certainly the place to discuss game audio, so hopefully you'll find what your looking for here.
have fun.

2017-10-22 16:19:03

Well, after this topic, I will remove the part of my signature with the spam reporter, cause I am not one animore.
smile
So, nice idea again and howp we will have never a spambot again, excepting me for sure, I am always one.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

Thumbs up +1

2017-10-23 12:13:09

Hi all. My name is Daniel. I am joining the forms to follow the Madden and Street fighter five posts, as well as any other for him that might be interesting to me.

Thumbs up

2017-10-23 13:53:51

Hi Daniel and welcome.
Hope you have fun on the forum.

2017-10-24 06:28:19

Greetings everyone.  I am WintergreenKitty. So, I suppose for my introduction, I will just disclose a few basic things regarding who exactly I am, how I managed to find my way here, and what my intentions are as a member of this community.  Alright, well first of all, I am a sighted 29 year old Twitch.tv livestreamer based in the U.S..  I have played pro-level competitive Pokemon since Gen1 (the Red/Blue/Yellow versions).  I also played pro-level competitive Dark Souls for a little over six and a half years (though that is less relevant to why I am here).

Now, in regards to how I ended up here, on Audiogames.net.  I've actually known of this forum for quite some time.  I have a friend who is, for all intents and purposes, blind (he has very little usable vision to work with).  He is quite interested in the wonderful world of gaming, but alas, due to his visual limitations, he is only able to play audio-based games.  I have actually stopped by this forum a couple times over the years, to see what offerings are out there that fit his needs (to varying levels of mild to moderate success).  However, this time around, I was very pleasantly surprised, with the discovery of Manamon.  Not only was my friend absolutely ecstatic about the prospect of an extremely high quality game that is accessible to him, but also, quite honestly, I myself have gotten more play-value out of the demo of this game than I have gotten from a large majority of Tripple-A publisher released games I've paid 60+ U.S. dollars for in these recent years.

Finally, the section regarding my intentions here will be a bit more abridged.  I will be making a more detailed post where it will have a much higher chance of being seen by my target audience (a.k.a. on the Manamon thread).  However, one thing that I will mention here is that, in light of recent discoveries, I am very interested in incorporating audio-based games into my livestream broadcast schedule.  I am quite impressed with how far these kind of games have come, and honestly, with games like Manamon, I feel like there is so much untapped potential here that can truly blossom if only more awareness was brought to this field.  Manamon is an excellent competitive-oriented game in design, and I honestly believe that, with a few tweaks and additions, it truly has the potential to go toe-to-toe with Pokemon in regards to eSports-level competitive game-play and balance.  I am also interested in any additional suggestions others my have of games I may want to consider adding to my livestream.  Now, I mean this in the nicest way possible, and certainly intend no disrespect here, but I am looking for games that are of comparable level of quality to Manamon. By that, I mean I need games that have a fair amount of longevity to them that I can really get invested in; not so much something I can polish off in a day or so, and that's really all it has to offer.  Again, there is a lot more to put in this section, but I think I'll just save that for my posts in the Manamon thread.

For anyone who would wish to contact me outside of this forum to discuss audio game suggestions, or for any other reason, please, feel free to do so.  You can find me on Twitch, Steam, Skype, or pretty much any other service out there under WintergreenKitty. Until very recently, I was actually known under a different handle, however, due to some copyright issues, I ended up having to re-brand (I originally never really expected anyone all too important to take notice of my channel, so my previous channel name wasn't exactly copyright-friendly).  That being said, I am in a situation where I am essentially rebuilding a new Twitch.tv channel from scratch.  So hey, what better time to change it up and add new content than right now, am I right? hahaha

My Twitch.tv channel can be found at:
http://www.twitch.tv/wintergreenkitty

2017-10-24 11:26:36

Greets. Autism parent and web game coder. I've been role-playing since the 80s so I am old school and... old. Here to share a game I created that is accessible for the blind, deaf and aids those with social anxiety who still want to be interactive with others.

2017-10-24 11:40:41

Hi all.  My name is Marek and I make mobile games. I want to join forum to get some valuable feedback and learn more about accessibility in games.

Cheers,
Marek

Thumbs up

2017-10-24 14:35:43

@WintergreenKitty, your experience sounds fascinating, and yes, we love manamon big_smile.
While Manamon is probably the only creature collection game around, there are other rpgs and competitive audio battle games you might want to check out too. hope you have fun on the forum.

@Game coder: We definitely welcome anyone interested in game developement to this forum, so feel free to post about your game in the new releases room and myself and others will be glad to try it and also discuss development on a larger level.

@Gypsy magician: The same is true for you as well, mobile games are extremely popular in the Vi community, especially with the inherent accessibility of Voiceover, so we look forward to playing your game and discussing it's development with you.

All yo0ur accounts are now unrestricted, so have fun on the forum.

2017-10-24 15:07:55

@Dark, thank you very much, I have just done that.

2017-10-28 05:03:52

I am a newbie to this forum but have been a blind gamer for ages. I am even making my first hosted gamebook on Choice of Games.

Journalist and gamer

2017-10-28 14:59:33

Hi Thork and welcome, always nice to meet another gamer, and hope you have fun.
We're also big fans of the Cog and Hg games around here so any thoughts on your gamebook would be appreciated.

2017-10-28 19:58:34

They even spam here, lol. How do you think we could prevent them from posting even on here?

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

Thumbs up

2017-10-29 02:22:17

Look on the bright side, at least it's only in this thread instead of the entire forum like it use to be.

I'd emagine cleaning it up is a lot easier now, since they're all in the one place.

Thumbs up

2017-10-29 03:44:15

Kool turk is right, and I can say this system is working.
Spambots can't post spam topics anymore, even in this forum, the most they can do is reply to this thread with a spam post which are easily got rid of, it's not like having to wander the hole forum looking in each room for spam topics or topics that spambots have replied to and deleting the posts individually.

2017-10-29 14:22:46

Hello, I'm Lincoln Ritchhart, Though go by Marshall Ritchhart as some might know from other games. I'm not much of a writer but If I find something I most likely will comment to give help and suggestions.

Thumbs up