2017-08-30 23:16:20

Oh I'm pretty sure there'll be a way to purchase the whole game in one package. Codename Cygnus let you purchase Mission 1 in its entirety, so I'm sure that's very possible to handle Tgstw in the same way.

2017-08-30 23:43:12

Hi guys. I have purchased the game using my mobile carrier. After it's installed, when I open it, can't here any sound. No  matter what I do or tap anywhere on the screen, still the same. No sounds of introduction or any music. Anyway, I think i will not uninstall the game and just wait for updates. Does the update automatically come out in google play store?

2017-08-31 00:01:46

Yup, if you have autoupdating of apps enabled, you'll get your update when it comes out.

2017-08-31 08:21:00

mr.brunete wrote:

@slj
congrats man! if you'll be testing hear mode, it'll be perfect when it finally arrives!!

Lol, thank you. hahaha. You would be a damn good tester as well. big_smile
@chrisfaelnar: Please read my previous post and you'll find the answer to why there are no sounds. big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-08-31 23:13:44

The good thing about Android is that the navigation bar is out of view when the app is open, so there's no way to overshoot when tapping the screen and accidentally hit the back or home button, thereby leaving the app. With that in mind though, I think we need to be hitting the middle of the absolute bottom of the screen, depending on how big the icons are. Can only wonder if magnification gestures would be of any help in enlarging the icons. Not that I would have an easier time seeing them, but if we could get them bigger the app may be a little more forgiving if we miss one of them.

2017-09-01 01:05:23

today, while traveling, i was thinking about the timed events, or responses, or whatever you'd call them.
the question is: when a timed event starts, like the one to search for the lighter, sighted people are aware of it? i mean, they know they have to answer quickly?
if not, there's no problem, but if yes, then hear mode will need something to notice us of these situations.
for example, a repeating Little beep that can act like a counter to notice us we have limited time to answer.

also, @lyora studios.
i've sent an e-mail to you via the forum. have you received it?

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2017-09-01 01:45:11

I was going to suggest a vibration, but that would leave tablet users high and dry. I'm trying to think of something that will blend in with the actual game audio, if you will. Perhaps a ticking clock somewhere within the ambiance when a timed event comes?

2017-09-01 09:06:42

maybe to indicate a timed event a clock could tick for a shoht while at the start of the event to indicate it is timed. also, although not knowing the game yet, if the character is in danger her heartbeat and breathing could speed up, the less time she possesses in a given situation, to indicate the meter is running out.

2017-09-01 17:05:49

i agree 100% with Jack here, but i'll repeat myself. this must be done only if sighted people are aware of it. also, in timed events, i think we need a Little more time for the voice (or whatever they implement) to read the actions so we can make a choice.
at the same time, i think we can't have much more time tan the rest because it's a challenge, and we need the time to read it yes, but not much more so we'll have to decide quicly.

2017-09-04 16:30:06

Hi everybody,
I hope you all had a nice weekend.
We were discussing a lot of things about TGWSTW here at Lyorah Studios. You all mentioned a lot of great ideas which we would love to implement as soon as we gather the needed budget.  But for now, all of our efforts are concentrated on one topic: PROMOTION.
Since launch day we are constantly working on various strategies to get ahead.
Being a newcomer in this business, this is quite a challenge for me and Art. And to be honest with you, it was easier to make it, then to sell it. But I guess I am not the only one who is complaining about this. This is how this industry works. You have to be patient, tweak around and wait if it's showing good results. If you have any experience and insights in this field, please share your thoughts with us. We'd appreciate.

@ mr. brunete: thanks for your wonderful message, your moral support, and even more for your offer to translate. We actually do have plans to localize TGWSTW into a handful of languages in the future. And by localizing I mean a full voiced version, not only a translated dialogue script. In order to maintain the high level of immersion, Frances needs to talk to you in your mother language. 
I think it would be quite confusing, even for sighted people, to hear in English and read the script in German, for example. So, this goes along with Ear-Mode, and therefore, will have to wait. But I would be grateful if we could count on your support on that topic in the future.

@mr.brunete, @jack, and  @wlomas: 
You all mentioned the problem of handling speed options. Here is how it works for sighted people. In theory, they should be aware of these speed options, because the choice buttons are flickering alternatively on that specific occasion on the screen. But, since we made a good job, they like to play with their eyes shut. As a consequence, Frances has to die a thousand deaths, literally. There is a huge demand for a clearly noticeable signal implying those speed options on both sides.
You all came up with a bunch of great ideas and it will be hard to choose one. This is one more reason to get Ear-Mode done as soon as possible.

A few thoughts I'd like to share with you: 
We made a rough calculation of the developing costs for Ear-Mode. Taking a two-month developing phase into account, we estimated a budget of approximately $ 10000.
That's a lot of money for a small indie dev.  And even though I am thankful and positive about your support, I don't know if it's even conceivable to start a crowd funding campaign without having greater popularity.
I even made an attempt and wrote to Tommy Edison on that matter, asking if we could count on any of his support. I must admit, that he is the source of my knowledge about blind people and blindness in general. As of yet, I haven't heard back. I know that he's a busy man and I'm not making many hopes, but I am determined to leave no stone unturned.
If you have any suggestions, thoughts, ideas, and advice you would like to share with us, please contact us.

Wishing all of you a wonderful day,
Barbara

2017-09-04 18:25:41

Hi Barbara. Well the unfortunate thing is, as you said, it is difficult for really any new endeavor to gain traction on a large scale as far as promotion is concerned. Firstly, there is the audyssey mailinglist that you can join. The majority of us that are on the list are also on the forum, but there are a fair few that use the list exclusively. Just one more medium to introduce the game to. As for crowdfunding, I'd suggest going for it anyway. I'd personally recommend you to use indiegogo, as it is a lot nicer to deal with than Kickstarter. Not only is the website much more accessible to screenreaders, but they're just an easier platform to deal with. On Kickstarter, if you didn't reach your goal by the end of the campaign, you forfeit all the funds. Quite the opposite with Indiegogo, you keep whatever funds you can raise.

2017-09-05 08:31:48

Hi.
I agree regarding to Indiegogo.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-09-05 15:41:08

Hi, I have an easy solution for you. Why not just put an option in the main menu called here mode. This could enable the game to use text on the screen that VoiceOver can read. Or just use the accessible unity plug-in  that way, you might not need to work too hard to integrate this feature. Just a suggestion.  Also, I will be very happy to help with the testing. Just send me a private message on the forum.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2017-09-05 17:30:42

I actually think Kickstarter has a little bit wider reach, and is more typically used in the gaming community at large. To get this game off the ground, even past hear mode, we need to market it beyond the blind community, and I've heard many more publicity pushes through KS than I have any other platform. That being said, I am rather new to the gaming community as a whole, so I am very likely missing something, but I feel as though stuff on KS is pushed a little more.

2017-09-06 00:29:06 (edited by jack 2017-09-23 17:48:56)

musicfairy wrote:

I actually think Kickstarter has a little bit wider reach, and is more typically used in the gaming community at large. To get this game off the ground, even past hear mode, we need to market it beyond the blind community, and I've heard many more publicity pushes through KS than I have any other platform.

While you are correct in that Kickstarter generally does reach a wider audience overall, I wouldn't start thinking it's the ultimate solution either. It is indeed used more in the *gaming* community, but I haven't seen many audio game/software developers here using Kickstarter, more of them either fund independently or use Indiegogo. Now as for Kickstarter as an option, it is one, for sure. However, say what you will, but I personally feel the benefit of Kickstarter being the more popular option doesn't outweigh the downsides of the site, considering the fact that the site itself is a heavily scripted resource hog to any web browser, and is still not the most screenreader accessible option out there. At the same time, Kickstarter does have its fair share of campaigns that go unfunded , look at Blindside's second call for funding for episode 2 as an example. Even so, promotion goes far beyond just a simple matter of what platform should I use. Paid advertisement, all be it anything but cheap, does go a long way and can make an Indiegogo-funded campaign just as successful, if not more successful than a Kickstarter campaign, considering Indiegogo's flexibility.

rtt entertainment wrote:

Why not just put an option in the main menu called here mode. This could enable the game to use text on the screen that VoiceOver can read. Or just use the accessible unity plug-in  that way, you might not need to work too hard to integrate this feature.

Were it "just another adventure game," that might've been easy to consider, but I really can't see that being good for this game. The point of this game is to be highly immersive. Some textual gameplay outside the actual game world would take away from that. What she wants to do is make ear mode just a part of the game, rather than an overlay. Speaking of Ear mode, I too would be happy to help test the ear mode when it's ready to be tested. As for the accessibility plugin for Unity, that is a good point, and that may be possible if the game is even being coded in Unity. I personally am not gonna jump to any conclusions. Better still, that's obviously not gonna be a replacement for ear mode, and if indeed the game is! coded in Unity, the plugin would only be used for the UI elements.

2017-09-06 01:21:35

and again, i agree with Jack here.
developers themselves have said that they want to make a very immersive experience, and hear mode will be for all. even sighted people asked them for a way to play with theyr eyes closed.
@LyorahStudios
your welcome, and of course! you can count on me regarding any thing you need about the game!
thanks to you for Reading my message, and the ideas you have are simply fantastic!

I want to write an extensive article / review of the game in spanish, to try to promote the game among the spanish comunity as well. can i do it? and, if so, can i put the links to the ios and android stores in it?

2017-09-08 15:09:01

Hi everybody,

before you all clear off for the weekend, here's a quick update from behind the scenes.

We are teaming up with bookstores in order to reach all the story-lovers out there. So, if there's a nice little bookstore in your neighborhood please let us know. We would love to get in touch.

The second news is, that we are going to localize The Girl Who Sold the World into a few languages. The demand for it just got so big that we have to take chance and do it. Plans are to translate the dialogue log into German, Polish, French, and Spanish. The first two mentioned we do by our own since these are our native languages. French and Spanish will be eventually translated by our lovely and helpful fans.

@ mr.brunete: Thanks for asking. You are more than welcome to write about us. There's a media kit on our website from which you can pick anything you need, like the logo, Skyler screenshots, and our mugshots. If you need something more, just let me know. Links to the store are also free to share. I'd like to get back to you about your recent offer. I'll email you about that, soon.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend,

Barbara

2017-09-08 19:13:23

i can try to help you with russian localization. i don't know if i'll find a good voice actress, but i would like to try because i want to make something big a long time already. i haven't played the game yet, but i've listened a let's play on youtube, and i absolutely love it! and if the choices realy matter, i love the game even more *_* and i'll try to localize it with all my soul)
and another thing i worry about is which type of microphone you used to record the voices. it sounds like a professional audio recorder or a camera, but i have only a medium quality equipment, and of course it won't sound as good as yours. besides, if we have Frances's talking and moving recorded as one track, that can be hard as hell:(

we are the strongest! we are the weapon of the force! we are one!
my name is darth scorp!

2017-09-08 23:19:49

@darthscorp: I've been able to get pretty good results with a well-configured blue yeti mic, and as for talking and moving, just mix those sounds. Unless you're using binaurals you won't really get full surround effects when moving anyway.

2017-09-16 15:51:32

the problem is,android  version complete can not access

2017-09-22 09:27:09

Hi!
@LyorahStudios
thanks! i'll write about it this weekend, and you can e-mail me whenever you want!
any news regarding the game? i, unfortunately, restarted the game... i have to do all.....over......again.... nooooooo!
best of luck to you!

2017-09-22 09:34:59

@LyorahStudios Gdybym mógł jakoś pomóc to chętnie. big_smile

Well, I am sorry, I just said if I'll be able to help I'll do, with pleasure as your native language is polish. smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-09-25 19:39:33 (edited by mr.brunete 2017-09-25 19:40:09)

i think i'm stuck now, but my problem is, i'm not sure if i can solve this puzzle or not, sinze the game is not accesible yet.
warning, spoilers ahead!
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e
i have to guide frances step by step, to open a can... but then, a kind of puzzle appeared.
i started hearing something like a clock ticking on my right headphone, and whenever i tap the screen, frances tries to tell me something, but the audio is purposefully accelerated, and i can only hear parts of the Words she says..
i understand the word "probably", and then, it can be....
in a mess, or..... in a miss, but it doesn't make sense to me... or, it can be....
the end of another Word,, anonimous?
whatever, i don't know what's in the screen, so, don't know if i can solve it by myself, or if sighted help is required. the worst thing is, i don't have people who can speak english nearby....
end of spoilers.

2018-02-08 02:02:54

hi,
is the development of this game still active?.

2018-02-08 03:25:39

I'm sure development is still going strong. Their last tweet was in January so they're still active on the interwebs, if not this thread at the moment.