2017-06-17 14:07:43

Many people will know audiogames.hnet has  for a long time had a sister, a rather chatty sister who likes writing lots of letters and who always pinches all the sausage rolls at family get togethers and who irritates uncle lunux no end, then again there was that business where apparently she borrowed her Aunt's best cocktail dress to go out clubbing and got tia Maria all over the front so that it had to be dry cleaned, which meant Aunty couldn't wear it for her cousins' wedding to that nasty man Windows (what she sees in him I don't know), which caused all of that side of the family to stop speaking to the other side, accept when that second cousin's first wife Mac makes those extra special sausage rolls that Audeasy really likes but can't ever persuade her to get the recipe for.

Hmmm, Methinks this metaphor has rather run away with me.

so as I was saying, this forum has a sister, the audeasy mailing list.

Well a few months ago, the list moved, and is now the blind gamers mailing list, which might explain why anyone subscribed wasn't getting emails.

The new home for the list is here and links to join the group can be found on that page

The list is still moderated by Damien and Shane just as when it was called Audeasy, and of course it's distinguished history is still present.
so anyone who fancies games discussion by mail as well as by forum, feel free to dig in and sign up, ---- and try the sausage rolls, they're lovely as long as you don't mind offending aunty.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-06-19 13:05:17

Dark,
Good description of the older and now sad sister.
She is much older than the Forum and had hundreds of admirers, but now has been passed over in popularity by her younger and more showy sister.
One thing though you miss-spelled her name. It is Audyssey  not Audeasy.

2017-06-21 17:48:06

omg! lol dark your descriptions are funny but omg man why you get rid of that beautiful magazine for? damn things are moving from places from like every single month on every website. nothing ever rests

2017-06-21 19:35:28

Dark, I think your showy sister passed away a long time ago.

I signed up for the Audyssey email magazine, but after a year and not getting a single issue, I checked the archives and found they hadn't published an issue for years. So figuring the magazine was dead even if the email group wasn't, I got off the magazine's email list.

2017-06-21 20:22:43 (edited by burak 2017-06-21 20:23:00)

I was about to ask what happened to the magazine, then ı saw those posts. Shaim man.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2017-06-21 21:35:34

I think the last issue of the magazine was,
Audyssey Issue #53
Wednesday, March 26, 2008 8:46 AM

2017-06-22 04:15:09

Sadly, there's an issue 54, though I am unsure when it was made:

http://www.ksapergia.net/audyssey/

2017-06-22 19:22:19

Trenton,
Thanks for telling me about issue 54.
I had it in a separate folder.
Audyssey issue #54
Sunday, January 11, 2009 9:34 PM

2017-06-23 01:51:22

You're very welcome.
I'm surprised Kelly kept that archi archive up there.

2017-06-26 10:34:31

Well part of the reason for setting up the articles room on this forum was as a partial replacement for where people could post the types of stuff that used to belong to the audeasy magazine.

There was some talk of reviving it a few years ago, but sadly I don't think anything got moving which was a shame, though it might be interesting now to revive as a blog or similar if someone has the time and dedication to do such.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)