2017-05-10 14:04:25

hi i want try it but i dont found a input field what must i do when i enter link from first post?

2017-05-10 14:24:18

Hi Soul Keeper,

After hitting the more info option there should be an option to purchase a new ship, if there is not it may be worth following the instructions supermalavox kindly listed.

The Scout ship is the next ship up from the Shuttle you start with and there are plenty more ships to try and aim for if that is your thing. Other than mining to make money you can try search and rescue missions (perfect for Scouts), Cargo Transfer missions and bounties if you are feeling brave. You can also try gun running where you buy weapons from one merchant and sell them to another.

Other things you may want to try:

Starting building structures to claim sectors for your faction (you'll most likely need an engineer ship to do this)
Try exploring planets for lost wonders or charting new sectors
Attempt to get to the centre of the universe
Try to get to the top of one of the leader boards
Respond to SOS signals

In terms of the story this is triggered based on different things such as location or actions, exploring the universe is the best way to trigger specific story sections.

We are always trying to add more to the game and plan to look at some new mission types and crafting next.

@Atlan Sending a message to the bot should trigger the game, again best to follow supermalavox's instructions if you are having difficulties.

2017-05-10 15:16:12

how can you find your way to the centre of the universe?

is there a cords system that I haven't seen?

2017-05-10 15:24:05

hi, I'm trying to sell resources. I land on the station I get the option to sell resources then it asks what I want to sell but I can't seem to sell anything even though I have mined.

2017-05-10 15:33:30

@darren the commodity you mined was energy, energy slowly discharges over time, so I suspect it discharged before you got the chance to sell it (its the only commodity that does this).

To get to the centre continue moving to the left, so from the "near by" screen under FTL within the helm menu it would be destinations that appear first to the left of your current position.

2017-05-10 16:21:35

so if that's a screen reader user, with near by the first couple to show are moving inward then it shows where you are then after that you're moving away? ever thought about intraducing a cords system?

2017-05-10 16:22:48

oh also how do I find out how much money I have?

2017-05-10 16:43:32

Hi Darren, the credits you have are shown on the buy screens, or when you use the inventory option within the cargo menu.

2017-05-10 16:45:04 (edited by TextSpaced 2017-05-10 16:48:20)

@darren Correct, the first three sectors are towards the centre, then your current location then towards the outer reaches. The universe is two dimensional for simplicity.

2017-05-10 17:04:01

ok thanks that works that one out for me. so how can you explore a system? I hear talk of exploration but how is it done

2017-05-11 07:40:05

Hi Darren, visiting unknown sectors (using the frontier option in FTL) allows you to chart unknown space. You can also choose to land on a planet (if you ship is capable of landing) and explore too.

2017-05-11 13:50:44

hi textspaced.

there has been a new update to messanger the buttons like tactical etc have been fixed but when you try and travel somewhere it doesn't allow us to see the names of systems and the travel buttons.

2017-05-11 14:15:00

Hi darren, that's not good. We'll take a look into it.

2017-05-11 15:24:16

do you think there's anything you can do without having to get fb to do another messenger update?

2017-05-11 16:56:02

Hi darren, I'm not sure yet. Which version of messenger are you using, the desktop one?

2017-05-11 19:57:32

I'm using IOS. the desktop version works.

2017-05-11 20:00:51

in addition, can we have our credit amount put in our stats page? makes it look more complete.

2017-05-11 21:32:09

How do you set way points? If they're a way to designate a sector to easily return to it, then it's probably not good that I'm asking this, heh. They should just be settable from helm. or maybe computer.
I'm enjoying this game quite a bit though, despite the huge lag that messenger causes my laptop. I got lucky about an hour ago and happened upon some precious supply. Hopefully I can do some missions soon; every time I check it says there are no missions available for cargo transfer and emergency signal response. Don't think I'm ready for bounties just yet -- I only have a scout and a shuttle.
Anyway thanks for the game. Also that's a nice ios-side update.

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2017-05-11 23:41:53

hang on with ios can you now navigate to places? I couldn't this morning UK time....

2017-05-12 01:46:50

No, I just meant that's a nice change that they made it possible to see the regular buttons. I'm pretty sure the problem with navigation is that they're not buttons, they're labeled as links (or at least NVDA reads them that way), but not sure. But not sure, maybe if it still notifies you that the links are there or allows you to press on them, even if you're not sure what the links are, a very rudimentary form of travel between a handful of sectors would be possible using way points? I haven't really tried much with the ios messenger app, I'm afraid.

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2017-05-12 07:14:40

I am not sure if this would be the best place to post my issue or in TextSpaced's oficial "bugs" section, but it seems like after I damaged my ship, when I tried to repair it, it started going crazier than I thought! At the day it happened, I was able to mine and repair the ship at the same time. It seems like this was fixed, but now I am stuck in FTL because when I arrive at a certain location, the ship starts counting ETA upwards!!!
Any idea of a way to fix that?

Thanks!

2017-05-12 09:56:24

@Soul Keeper You can set waypoints from the helm, whenever you are presented with destination options there should be an option to save it as a waypoint. The waypoints can be recalled from the computer / waypoints menu, however it sounds like you may not be able to hear these buttons.

@supermalavox We can certainly look into that for you, if you report the bug using the link www.textspaced.com/bug or from the in-game link within Computer / Helm and include your Captain name we can investigate.

@Darren We've added  the amount of credits your character has to the stats screen now for you.

Supermalavox posted the method in which he plays the game earlier, but I take it this doesn't work for everything?

2017-05-12 10:13:38

Things work fine for me desktop app side, it sounds like most of the issues cropping up are for the ios messenger app. Also weirdly, I checked a few hours later and the buttons to buy ships magically appeared, so yay.

2017-05-12 15:01:49

@TextSpaced Did that now, thanks! And thanks for fixing it! And now something to play with the situation since that bug ended marking my ship as NPC controlled, here goes a quote from Robofortune - a character from Skullgirls: "I-am-more-than-a-ro-bot!!!" Lol.

2017-05-12 16:00:00

hey can you change my charge to a male rather than female please? considering the name I have chosen it really doesn't work. my name is james t kirk.