2009-08-01 03:15:03

I often check a specific site for its odds and ends section, with some pretty ridiculous news about... but this one takes the biscuit. A village in Lincolnshire, a region here in Britain for those of you not from here, lost power to 17 homes and shops due to...

A pair of rain drenched underwear being stuck on a power line.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/31/power_cut/

This one was just too good not to share.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-08-04 01:50:06

LOL. To think...

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2009-08-04 14:32:30

I think this news item is completely false and made up.

Lier! lier! pants on fire!

Sorry, but it really had to be said, ---- ;D.

some people need their brains examining.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-08-04 16:10:53

Laugh, well I had no reason to doubt the source. That said their source could well be dubious.

You had to mention pants? lol.

Edit:
In my defence this isn't the most absurd thing they've ever reported, and those turned out to be true. There was an incident involving Gary Kasparov, who has apparently taken up politics, and a rudely shaped remote control helicopter hovering around while he is trying to make a speech. This even had a youtube clip, where he responded to the copter seeing it and smirking, and where a security guard caught it when he had the chance. This is among a couple others I'm not sure I dare mention, all of which turned out to be true.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-09-14 19:01:20

wow, thanks for posting that, i needed a laugh, its been a long day. :d

2009-09-14 19:02:46

wow, thanks for posting that, i needed a laugh, its been a long day. :d

2009-09-14 22:31:47

Have toa dmit I'm guilty of not checking my sources. That site is usually modestly reliable, and this isn't by any means the strangest thing they have reported. Again I apologise.

cx2
-----