2016-11-14 10:19:14

Hello
I know there are a lot of topics about this, but most of them are long posted and are old. Games sure changed, and I'm sure you people find a lot more than back in those old topics. So please, please don't tell me to search the forum.

I'd like as many recommendations of what games are accessible or at least playable to an extend on ps2. Genres don't matter, as I play to leave this topic as a rom names database for those who search for the same thing.

Thank you in advance, and best regards.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2016-11-14 10:34:33

Hi.
I assume you've looked back at the older topics, when you tell us not to search the forum. Then, I don't have more games to recommend. However, you already have a ton of playable games when looking at those older topics. By the way, why are you looking for those old games? Why not the newer consoles?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-11-14 10:40:44

One, because I don't have access to anything to get or buy games or even consoles themselves. Therefore, whatever works on my pc, I just get my hand on. And ps2 is one of a few to name.
two, as I said, either it's in the old topics or not, I'd like to see a topic with names for easy searching, not just "go search the forum" kind of topic. Psp has one already, and is quite nice. Ps2 doesn't have though. I'm not doing this just for myself, but for others who need the same as well.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2016-11-14 14:03:00

Hi
Ps2 has one of the best catalogs of video games, It seems to me very logical that all the players every now and again play some ps2 titles.
My recommendations are the classic ones.
dragon ball z budokai tenkaichi 1, 2 and 3.
marvel vs capcom 2.
super dragon ball z
I do not remember exactly what was the mortal kombats and street fighters of this generation.
best regards.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2016-11-14 15:38:06

Mortal kombat deadly aliance, mortal kombat deception, mortal kombat armagedon.
Street fighter III new generation, street fighter III second impact, Street fighter alpha collection and Street fighter III third strike.
Now, some cool games: tekken 4, tekken tag and tekken 5 as i don't recommend tekken 4, Soul calibur 2 and 3 probably 3 is the best one, Capcom fighting evolution and Capcom vs snk 2, Yu yu hakusho Forever, Yu yu hakusho Dark tournament, Guitar hero 1, 2 and encore i don't like the third one even countaining great songs and king of fighters 11.

2016-11-14 17:51:25

Dragon Ball Z, Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Urban Reign although the controls are a lot and hard to get into for me, Soul Calibur 2 and 3, Mortal Kombat, Deadly Alliance, deception and Armageddon. I'm sure Street fighter and Tekkon are playable, I just haven't quite figured out fighting mechanics and stuff like that. I'll have to check out Marvel Verses Capcom.
Dragon ball Z budokai Tenkaichi 2 is not completable because of story mode, but if you just wanna fight and stuff, it's fine. Tenkaichi 3 is the best and most accessible, and Super Dragon Ball Z is a port of an arcade game, so expect a lot of joystick movement and all for special moves. Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance is probably my favorite of that generation, as it's easily the most accessible, and has interesting special moves, like health regaining and stuff like that. The Konquest is completable, and even the Krypt is navigable, use GameFAQ's for that.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2016-11-14 18:01:59

Devin, you needed help with odin sphere the other day didn't you? I think as far as I can manage, I might be able to help now. What did you get stuck again?
Also thank you for the recommendations everyone. Some games I don't even know are playable. Keep coming, i love that!:)

2016-11-14 19:25:57

Hi.
So, a lot of games were already mensioned, but I will also throw some into the mix.
one of the accessible ones is deaf jam, fight for NY, at leased, it was stated on brandoncole.net that it is accessible.
ESPN NBA 2k5 is playable with some effort, you need to learn the announcers wording and which player has which position on the cort so you can execute good plays.
The MLB the show series is ver'y accessible, even though batting is a timing thing, when you have it down, you can start happily knocking balls through the statium.
Also, fight night 3 is accessible as far as I have played it, including the create your own boxer mode.
These are all the games I remember right now, maybe i will find some more.
BTW, if you say that you don't have a ps2 around, how do you play those games? Is there an accessible PS2 emulator around?
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2016-11-14 21:08:14

pcsx2 works with proper set up. Devin told me about it on skype and it works fine.
Someone said final fantasy x is playable, is it?

2016-11-14 22:04:18

Hi, I have a question: Do you use game saves on the pcsx2? Is there any way to set a memory card up in the pcsx2?
Thanks in advance!

2016-11-15 02:34:32

Yes, I need help with Odin Sphere. I'm at the first level, the one after choosing the first book.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2016-11-15 04:39:27

Final fantasy x is partially playable, you need to have some patience to navigate, and there are puzzles that are very tricky, one of them is the cloister of trials.
About odin sphere, after choosing the first book, you have to complete the tutorial of the game.
For my recommendation, i can recommend you the followig:
Guilty gear XX series.
X-men: next dimension.
Mobile suit gundam: encounters in space.
Mobile suit gundam seed: never ending tomorrow.
Marvel nemesis: rise of the imperfects.
Metal gear solid 2 & 3, i think this one is playable.
That's all for now, hope others have other recommendations

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2016-11-15 06:18:28

woo, another lovely games to get!

2016-11-15 08:38:28

Hi.
PCSX 2? Hmm, sounds quite cool. How high do the specs on my machine need to be, and how do I set it up correctly?
Greetings Moritz.

2016-11-15 11:20:01

So how do I complete the tutorial? When I jump, I seem to get on something and fall from it back to where I was. Sometimes I hear something else near me, but I attack and it runs away or something, but that's rare. Ugh. I don't think this game, Odin Sphere, is as playable as y'all make it out to be. Or maybe I'm just not one of the super blind people, lol.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2016-11-15 22:38:28

on the tutorial, first you have to jump. if you hear a sound like when you obzorbe a fozon, that means you did it correctly. then, do a double jump. after that, try to do basic attacks.
first, press the attack button once, then do a combo. then, a soldier will run on to you, so it's a good time to do a target practice. kill the soldiers, then you'll be given another text to press the R1 button to obzorbe fozons. hold the R1 button, then another soldier will appear. now you'll have the ability to use your special attack.
press triangle to open a menu, and press X to use the cyclone to kill the soldiers. once you're done with it, you'll learn how to pick up items.
walk around and eventually you'll hear a clicking sound, which indicates that you are touching an item. to pick it up, just press the down arrow button. after you pick up the item, then you'll learn on how to use it, so press the circle button to open the inventory.
since the item that you've picked up is a food, so just press the X button to eat it, restoring some amounts of health. then, obzorbe another fozon, then another item appears. pick it up, then use it like you did it before.
once completed, try to obzorbe the fozons, or try to walk around if that doesn't work.
if I'm not wrong, you have to find a door. you know when you are at the door if you hear a sound. to enter, press the X button and the D-pad up. once inside, kill the soldiers, then open the chest by pressing down and X to do a croutching attack. pick the items up, then walk to the door. once you enter, choose the raging battlegrounds to start the first chapter of gwendolyn's book.
note: in the remastered version of odin sphere, things are slightly different, and the game is a lot more friendly to us than the original PS2 version, like the type of areas, many type of combos, new skills, ETC.
in the original odin sphere, pretty much all of the areas are circular, that means, if you reach the edge of the area, you'll be sent back to the beginning. however in odin sphere leifthrasir, there are 2 types of areas, circular and side-scroller. the circular area is just for the battle parts, and the side-scroller area is to advance to the next area.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2016-11-16 04:07:54 (edited by brian.kurosawa 2016-11-16 04:08:21)

I'm having some problems configuring pcsx2, i ve read the ystem requirements and i have everything to run it but it keeps running slow, or keeps laging. Oh god.
I don't think Metal gear sollid is playable.

2016-11-16 08:25:56

You need your video card to be gs-nul for the emu to run smoothly, and then set the bios and you'll be good to go. devin can explain it better than me. he helped me set up mine.

2016-11-16 12:47:41

Am I supposed to do multiple combos? I've tried all sorts of stuff.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2016-11-16 14:25:32

Oh yeah, I kinda get stuck at combos too. Have to see to it again.

2016-11-16 14:33:39

Hi.
Wait, I have to mess around with the BIOS? Oh lord.

2016-11-16 15:49:26

not that hard. i can even upload my working emu if any of you want.

2016-11-16 18:03:02

Not the PC bios, lol. You just have to find ps2 bios, and point pcsx2 to where they are.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2016-11-16 19:33:58

Hi.
Oh shit, I always thought that you have to fiddle around with the windows bios xD.
At Mata, if it's no problem for you ploading your emulator, that would be ver'y nice.
Do those games actualy run lag free, or is the sound and graphics all distorted and messy?

2016-11-17 06:30:04

Not lag free, lag greatly reduced. I'm not sure about graphics though.